Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 08:04 AM

5,770 posts, read 3,220,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
You know, I don't think liberals in general are necessarily excited about the Democratic party as a whole.

But really, for now they're all we've got to take down the Sith Lord DJT and the rest of the Imperial ****-show that is the Republican party.

My biggest problem with Democrats?...They don't know how to FIGHT. Republicans are just way better at it.
I agree. Except for their vote on Saturday, they seem to lie down and play dead very effectively.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2017, 08:05 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,601,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treebeard View Post
the difference is we don't have our heads up our backsides 24/7.
23/7?

Old 12-03-2017, 08:26 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,931,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Rubio, like Jeb, Kasich, et. al., in spite of all the money backing their respective corporate ***** campaigns, were crushed in the primary by Trump because working Americans don't need to be told who pulls their strings.

We already know that.

Jeb and Kasich even wanted a giant amnesty bill.

You see what happened to them.

But just because the Republicans suck doesn't mean Democrats suck less, they don't.

In fact, they suck far more.

They are just as much in bed with big money (if not more).

They are just as corrupt (if not more).
The first part was nonsense.
As for the second I know both are corrupt, thing is you thing ones side is less corrupt than the other and I know different. Oh as a sad note, we have truly fallen when we argue the point that our side is less corrupt than your side, anyone that does not see the problem there is not dealing with a full deck.

Old 12-03-2017, 08:28 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,931,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Because it was designed specifically to be impossible to replace with anything other than single payer.
Then do it...........

Old 12-03-2017, 08:50 AM

17,988 posts, read 27,448,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
Anyone who can read between the lines can agree that the money to balance the budget will have to come from somewhere. I say this to those who are blinded by many of the things said in the right wing media. It is time to remove the Republicans as the majority party in the legislative branch of our government.

What follows is a quote from Marco Rubio Senator from Florida: Sen. Rubio tells a secret: After giving a tax cut to the rich, GOP will cut Social Security and Medicare - LA Times

If you are retired or close to retirement, the Republicans are at war with you.
Don't be mad bro.

Vote and don't bish so much.

Old 12-03-2017, 08:58 AM

25,940 posts, read 22,094,372 times
Quote:
Anyone who can read between the lines can agree that the money to balance the budget will have to come from somewhere. I say this to those who are blinded by many of the things said in the right wing media. It is time to remove the Republicans as the majority party in the legislative branch of our government.

What follows is a quote from Marco Rubio Senator from Florida: Sen. Rubio tells a secret: After giving a tax cut to the rich, GOP will cut Social Security and Medicare - LA Times

If you are retired or close to retirement, the Republicans are at war with you.
Actually, close to retirement, I support and will continue to support the Republicans that support nationalism, everything we are as a people and a country.

Do you have any idea what globalism is and what that will do not only to people who are retired but to our future generations? If not, you better take note!

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/thom-..._b_454091.html

https://www.globalresearch.ca/ruling...al-bid/5515542

We are going to have to make a lot of cuts to the budget and rearrange some in order to try to reverse the destruction of the Obama era as he, as a globalist, attempted to destroy our country, break it to make it amicable to globalism.

Sorry, retired and my concern is the globalists, and how they are snowing the lesser intelligent and/or those with no commonsense.

Old 12-03-2017, 09:02 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,608,703 times
Quote:
Found a second source Vinnie:
LOL! It doesn't change what Rubio said. He did not say he was going to cut SS. One more time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What Rubio actually said......
“We have to do two things. We have to generate economic growth which generates revenue, while reducing spending. That will mean instituting structural changes to Social Security and Medicare for the future.”
And then the OP and the LATimes spins this into the GOP is going to gut the retirement of seniors. No wonder nobody pays attention to the left anymore.
Big Fail

/thread

Old 12-03-2017, 09:07 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,545,925 times
It's absolutely time to get rid of every Republican in Congress! I've never seen such openly greedy cynical people in my entire life. Anyone looking forward to this tax cut isn't paying attention to the details, and as always, the devil is in the details!

Social security and medicare are toast if this travesty of a tax bill actually becomes law. It's just a matter of time. Come back in ten years and tell me how you're doing then - when the benefits have been slashed and the retirement age is 75 or 80. We're going to see a lot of homeless senior citizens in the next 10-20 years. It's just sad that so many of you can't see how badly you're being treated by the Republican party. They couldn't care less about the middle and lower classes.

Individual tax cuts will expire in ten years; corporate tax cuts are permanent. History has shown that trickle down economics is a joke; it never works. Surprise - rich people want to hold onto their money! And mark my words, the Republicans will be blaming all of this on someone else. The illegals! The global economy! Whatever they can come up with to avoid taking any responsibility for setting this in motion in 2017.

Edited to add: Nobody in Congress is going to say, "I'm going to cut social security and medicare." No, they're going to use prettier words. "We need to make structural changes" or "the current system is obviously not working", etc. Just because they're not saying it flat out doesn't mean they won't do it.

Last edited by SandyCo; 12-03-2017 at 09:43 AM..

Old 12-03-2017, 09:09 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,515,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I call them Republicons now because the ONLY way at they can pass their agenda is by stealth, obfuscation and lies. Republions have been at war with the safety net particularly, social security and Medicare, since their inception. They know if they are too brazen about their intentions they lose. So it is done at night until the light is shone on them then they scurry.
That is why they were in such a hurry with the tax bill. There was no deadline - none. But they had to hurry up before the public became fully aware of what was in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What Rubio actually said......
“We have to do two things. We have to generate economic growth which generates revenue, while reducing spending. That will mean instituting structural changes to Social Security and Medicare for the future.”
And then the OP and the LATimes spins this into the GOP is going to gut the retirement of seniors. No wonder nobody pays attention to the left anymore.

Big Fail

/thread
What do you think Rubio means by 'instituting structural changes to Social Security and Medicare for the future"?

Old 12-03-2017, 09:14 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
And the Repubs have replaced it with what? Opps

I just want repeal... Forget replacing it. I don't need more government in my life, telling me what I gotta do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies