Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 07:13 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
The Saints won today...I ignore all the crappola.

The Jets won today, I'm too shocked to pay attention to the other crappola.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2017, 07:13 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,161,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
This should go over good. NFL cutting Breast Cancer and Military Charity Funds in order to pay for their social justice foolishness.
NFL to Cut Breast Cancer, Military Charity Funds to Pay for Proposed Social Justice Activism
WOW..well I havent watched a game all year..was going to tune in for playoff time..maybe not.

Old 12-03-2017, 07:15 PM

5,860 posts, read 3,298,444 times
Every time you buy a DirectTV football package. Every time you go to a game. Every time you purchase merchandise you support them and their causes. This is a shakedown by the players for money. I will not give them one lousy dime for their nonsense!!

Old 12-03-2017, 07:20 PM

319 posts, read 199,116 times
Quote:
This should go over good. NFL cutting Breast Cancer and Military Charity Funds in order to pay for their social justice foolishness.
NFL to Cut Breast Cancer, Military Charity Funds to Pay for Proposed Social Justice Activism
I thought the alt-right Trumpy bears were already boycotting the NFL.

Old 12-03-2017, 07:35 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Exactly. The first person you see when you click on the link is Kaepernick. The NFL is trying their hardest to distance themselves from him.

Gateway Pundit = fake news.
Yeah... because we all know how reputable news group like ABC are... *cough Brian Ross*

Old 12-03-2017, 07:49 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Every time you buy a DirectTV football package. Every time you go to a game. Every time you purchase merchandise you support them and their causes. This is a shakedown by the players for money. I will not give them one lousy dime for their nonsense!!
How is this a shakedown? LMAO. I'll say what I keep saying, you American public, have always had the option to ignore kneeling. Nobody is telling you to stop a single thing about about how you view football or the playing of the anthem. Most tv games don't even show that part. LOL. People are so obsessed with putting blacks in their place they're willing to spend millions to end kneeling. And not just spend millions, but pull money from other charities to shut up a few black people. Hilarious. And on top of all of it, people like you are calling it a "shakedown" like they are showing up with guns and force. LMAO

Old 12-03-2017, 07:50 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,661,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
This is a shakedown by the players for money. I will not give them one lousy dime for their nonsense!!
Good for you.

I will keep paying $6K for my season tickets, $500 for my parking spot, and about $1,000 more a year on merchandise and stadium crap.

I know guys who spend that much every year on golf clubs and country club memberships, so I don't see any difference. I hate golf, but I love football.

Old 12-03-2017, 07:58 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,146,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Good for you.

I will keep paying $6K for my season tickets, $500 for my parking spot, and about $1,000 more a year on merchandise and stadium crap.

I know guys who spend that much every year on golf clubs and country club memberships, so I don't see any difference. I hate golf, but I love football.
The difference is that the golfers are paying to play. You're paying someone else to play, and you just sit there for a few hours and watch.

Old 12-03-2017, 08:00 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times
Quote:
Since the player protests were NEVER about the military, the cherry on the cake for Trump and all the armchair patriots squawking over a point that obviously went over their heads resulted in the funding for military assistance being cut.

Well done.

Old 12-03-2017, 09:05 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Just remember, it's OK for a bakery to deny a gay couple a wedding cake because "they are a private business," but if the NFL decides to spend money on something the righties don't like, suddenly it's a horrible thing and a "victory for the leftists" or some nonsense.

As for the topic at hand, I doubt they'd actually do that simply because of the PR backlash. But at this point, I don't give a damn about the NFL anyway since they are nothing but a sleazy pile of corporate hypocrites. They drape themselves in the flag as examples of "What American is about!" and yet have no problem with:
  • Ray Rice beating the crap out of fiance; almost nothing happened until the video went viral
  • Ray Lewis and his likely involvement in somebody's death
  • Mike Vick and his sick enjoying of torturing animals; he got out of prison and the League happily took him back.
  • Deflate-Gate, proving it's fine to cheat, if you don't get caught up front.
  • The endless efforts to sweep the concussion issues and the permanent brain damage inflicted on the League's players under the rug.
And those are just the examples I can think of from the top of my head. No, the League will happily tolerate everything from watching dogs kill each other for fun as well as beating the crap out of a woman, and they won't do anything about it until public pressure forces some half-arsed response. But the moment a bunch of players start taking knees during the anthem, the League loses it and puts far more effort into threatening them then they ever did with all the thugs, crooks, and scum that live in their ranks. And the fans - big surprise - are often no better, whining about "SJW's" while gladly turning a blind eye towards any actual criminal provided he "wins duh big game, duhhh!"

So, the NFL can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned. Ironically, they ruined football.

Pretty much agree here..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies