Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 02:33 PM

9,783 posts, read 7,041,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
This should go over good. NFL cutting Breast Cancer and Military Charity Funds in order to pay for their social justice foolishness.
NFL to Cut Breast Cancer, Military Charity Funds to Pay for Proposed Social Justice Activism
Um, you realize that the "Salute to Soldiers" was a program where the military paid the NFL for the privilege of being part of the game. Further, the NFL allocates zero dollars to breast cancer charity funds. It donates only it's royalty on the sale of pink product - about $1 million a year - to the American Cancer Society to be used at women's health centers within 100 miles of an NFL city for education. Zero goes to research or to organizations that target breast cancer research. The suppliers of the merchandise still make their full profit on those products.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2017, 02:37 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,387,619 times
WoW.

NFL stadiums across the USA are full of empty seats. This has never happened before.

MORE NFL HELL: Empty Seats Plague Games at StubHub Center & University of Phoenix Stadium (PHOTOS)

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 12-04-2017 at 02:47 PM..

Old 12-04-2017, 02:39 PM

999 posts, read 889,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
WoW.

NFL stadiums across the USA are full of empty seats. This has never happened before.

MORE NFL HELL: Empty Seats Plague Games at StubHub Center & University of Phoenix Stadium (PHOTOS)
WoW

Page Not Found

Edit: I googled the title of your "link" and it seems that most of the sources are pretty bias. Also, it only shows the stadiums of teams like the Chargers and the Rams, two teams that were struggling with attendance long before any protest started.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ndance_figures

Last edited by mpier015; 12-04-2017 at 03:12 PM..

Old 12-04-2017, 02:47 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,387,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpier015 View Post
WoW Page Not Found
Thank you. It's fixed now.

Old 12-04-2017, 09:38 PM

31,285 posts, read 20,625,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
This should go over good. NFL cutting Breast Cancer and Military Charity Funds in order to pay for their social justice foolishness.
NFL to Cut Breast Cancer, Military Charity Funds to Pay for Proposed Social Justice Activism
Boycott the NFL.

Old 12-04-2017, 09:46 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,731,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
It’s entertainment and varies from person to person.

I enjoy watching football, but for me, now it’s only college.

Once the Texans took a knee, I stopped watching and buying.

I’m not sure if I’ll ever go back.

I was so excited for this season. We finally had a quarterback. Then, they kneeled.
I'm sorry you got offended by the players who knelt after their owner compared them criminals.

Old 12-04-2017, 10:39 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,645,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
The difference is that the golfers are paying to play. You're paying someone else to play, and you just sit there for a few hours and watch.
What does that have to do with anything?

Ever been to a movie? Yes? Were you an actor in that movie?

Anyway, I actually know a guy who loves golf and paid $10K for a trip to go watch the Masters in person.

Not that it should make any difference, but I'm a veteran and my wife still serves. We stand for the anthem, but don't have a problem with players kneeling.

Old 12-04-2017, 11:53 PM

31,844 posts, read 14,820,145 times
Quote:
WoW.

Of course it happens. If you have a loser team why would you want to go to the game. Check out the winning teams and it will be packed.

Old 12-05-2017, 06:42 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,731,324 times
Quote:
WoW.

Fake news. Stub Hub Center is a 25k seat stadium for soccer use and also the Chargers suck and have sucked for years. Also L.A. went from have no teams to two in two years. Cjargers havent been in L.A. for over 20 years and haven't called it home in years. As for University of Phoenix Stadium, I work there and only this week had some noticeable seat holes. Most games this year, even the Salute to Service game on Veteran's Day Eve, were pretty much sellouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Of course it happens. If you have a loser team why would you want to go to the game. Check out the winning teams and it will be packed.
In Phoenix, they are a total front-runner market. Cards came off two great seasons two years ago and on a back-up quarterback and a relative unknown for third strong running back. The fact is, this is fake news mainly because it was maybe a 1,000 fans missing from the game tops.

Old 12-05-2017, 07:59 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,090,357 times
The NFL is another cowardly liberal organization that is destroying itself. Stupid is as stupid does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies