Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 04:05 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times

Advertisements

Yeah, you POORS who have less than $5.5 million net worth

You're just gonna booze away those meager paychecks on your discotheques and your Dan Fogelberg

Last edited by le roi; 12-04-2017 at 04:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2017, 04:06 PM

39,855 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Heck, in my 20s I spent most of my money on women and booze. The rest I wasted.

Old 12-04-2017, 04:06 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,115,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That's how they think middle class would spend the money if they were given a tax-cut, which is why they gave it to the elite instead.

His comment reveals how they see the hard working middles class Americans.
They see hard-working Americans as their base, and the ones that pay their taxes and don't leech off of Uncle Sugar.
Farmers, Plumbing contractors and Bakery owners already paid taxes on their income. Only a Leftist would see a need to tax these same assets again when the owner dies. Get my drift? The pendulum is swinging!

Old 12-04-2017, 04:07 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
I'll admit it.

I have spent much of my money over the years on women, booze and movies.

The rest?

I spent it foolishly.

Old 12-04-2017, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They are referring to people who do not qualify for the estate tax, which means 99% of Americans, because the tax affected only those who were to inherit $5 million or more.
So a paving contractor's children should shut the business down to pay the taxes? We're listening.

Old 12-04-2017, 04:15 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
I think its time for Grassley to go out to pasture, isn't he around 80 years old. I guess he was born during the great depression so maybe that influenced him.

Old 12-04-2017, 04:16 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
They see hard-working Americans as their base, and the ones that pay their taxes and don't leech off of Uncle Sugar.
Farmers, Plumbing contractors and Bakery owners already paid taxes on their income. Only a Leftist would see a need to tax these same assets again when the owner dies. Get my drift? The pendulum is swinging!
Grassley thinks you're a boozing womanizer.

but I'm sure he's grateful for your support! (not)

Old 12-04-2017, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Grassley thinks you're a boozing womanizer.

but I'm sure he's grateful for your support! (not)
I'm not a womanizer!

Old 12-04-2017, 04:22 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,550,625 times
“I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing,” Grassley told the Register in a story published Saturday. “As opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies.”

This is the same old rhetoric used for Reagan's "trickle down" nonsense. What happened then is that the rich did not "invest" in America. Instead, they "invested" in off-shore bank accounts and began offshoring American manufacturing and jobs.

As for Americans "spending every darn penny they have, whether it's on booze or women or movies": Apart from the appalling insult to hardworking American people, most of whom "spend every darn penny they have" trying to make ends meet, is he seriously suggesting that the rich don't "spend every darn penny they have" on obscene self-indulgences, such as multiple opulent homes, international shopping sprees, "fabulous" parties, etc.?

It's clear as day, with this tax bill, that Republicans have nothing but contempt for the average American, and anyone who continues to support their lying, bloated a$$e$ is lost in serious denial and/or is suffering from Stockholm syndrome, thinking that their leaders are faultless and guiltless and have their best interests at heart. There has never been such blatantly open contempt for the American people. First, Trump says he could shoot someone in the street and still his base would vote for him (he was laughing at his own base with this statement), and now Grassley. When will their followers wake up?

Old 12-04-2017, 04:22 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
So a paving contractor's children should shut the business down to pay the taxes? We're listening.
Do you have an example for that anecdote. There are less than 5000 families that are impacted by the estate tax in some degree, less than .2% of tax filings. Its a tax, they aren't seizing their property because they have over $5M. The average tax is around 17% so your doomsday scenario is hyperbole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies