Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 07:47 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,147,988 times

Advertisements

This is going to be good

Waiting for trump to tweet his meltdown

Deutsche Bank settled with the DOJ over being involved in the 10 billion Russian money laundering scheme

Right before the election Kushner took out a 285 million dollar loan from Deutsche Bank

Old 12-05-2017, 07:47 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Bill Clinton's relationship with Monica Lewinsky hadn't even started when Ken Starr was appointed as Independent Counsel. If the people who are upset about the unconstitutionality of the Mueller investigation want to recant anything negative they've said about Bill Clinton that came out of the Starr investigation, then maybe I'll consider whether their claims regarding Trump have any merit.

Of course we all know that will never happen. This is in the scope of Mueller's authority, and all the whinging and whining of Trump and the Trumplings doesn't change that.

On the other hand, it's been kind of amusing to see how low the tenor of the discourse has fallen over the past few days, it's a clear sign that despite the bluster and rudeness and personal attacks, the right recognizes just how precarious Trump's position is.
lmao...Starr didn't go digging to find out about Lewinsky. Apples and Oranges here.

Old 12-05-2017, 07:48 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Your Desperation is showing.................
Glad you are happy with a Soviet style corrupt investigation that isn't even investigating a crime but looking for one. Complete violation of the 4th amendment.. Says a ton about you.

Old 12-05-2017, 07:49 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
This is going to be good

Waiting for trump to tweet his meltdown .....
Why?

Do you expect there to be something illegal in those records?

Old 12-05-2017, 07:50 AM

32,097 posts, read 34,702,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Of course we all know that will never happen. This is in the scope of Mueller's authority, and all the whinging and whining of Trump and the Trumplings doesn't change that.
Yep, the "witch hunt" initiated by Trump's own Deputy Attorney General.

Quote:
By virtue of the authority vested in me as Acting Attorney General, including 28 U.S.C.
§§ 509, 510, and 515, in order to discharge my responsibility to provide supervision and
management of the Department of Justice, and to ensure a full and thorough investigation of the
Russian govemmenfs efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election, I hereby order as
follows:

(a) Robert S. Mueller III is appointed to serve as Special Counsel for the United States
Department of Justice.

(b) The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confirmed by then-FBI
Director James B. Corney in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on
Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including:

(i) any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals
associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and

(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and

(iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a).

(c) If the Special Counsel believes it is necessary and appropriate, the Special Counsel is
authorized to prosecute federal crimes arising from the investigation of these matters.

(d) Sections 600.4 through 600.l0 of Title 28 of the Code of Federal Regulations are
applicable to the Special Counsel.
https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-re...67231/download

Old 12-05-2017, 07:53 AM

You guys will be crying rivers of tears (yet again) and hiding from this topic when pulling those records proves Trump innocent.

Old 12-05-2017, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Why?

Do you expect there to be something illegal in those records?
Most likely, Mueller does no leaks! We only know about it after it’s already done. He already found what he was looking for.

Old 12-05-2017, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne2134 View Post
Most likely, Mueller does no leaks! We only know about it after it’s already done. He already found what he was looking for.
You apparently didn't read the OP.

The entire story & topic is based on anonymous sources.

We know what that means.

Old 12-05-2017, 07:59 AM

Quote:
You apparently didn't read the OP.

The entire story & topic is based on anonymous sources.

We know what that means.
You don’t get it

People leaked out flynn, manafort etc but guess what? Mueller already had them, these aren’t real time leaks. Mueller is letting out what he wants and when

Old 12-05-2017, 08:00 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times
Quote:
You guys will be crying rivers of tears (yet again) and hiding from this topic when pulling those records proves Trump innocent.
You know I hate Trump, but I suspect you are almost right. I doubt they will find anything implicating him directly, and if they do, they will still find a fall-guy.

Truth is that our country can't handle having the POTUS taken down right now. My opinion is that his crazy supporters would burn this MoFo down if that happened, but however you want to frame it, we need to be careful about how we go about getting him out of office and cleaning up the mess he made.

So yeah, while we come from different perspectives, I do agree with you that we'll never see anything conclusively damning from this investigation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies