Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 07:08 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,694,490 times

Advertisements

I love global warming, I just wish it would hurry up Finally coming out of the ice age, woohoo!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2008, 10:16 AM

3 posts, read 5,827 times
Default Where do sign up for the early spring?

Gee, that's great that people in CA and TX have an early spring. Meanwhile the rest of the country will be spending Easter shoveling.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:21 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,714,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHarrington View Post
So I noticed how several news articles on the internet, like USA Today or MSNBC.com, mentioned how this global warming is the MAIN cause for the early springtime we are apparently experiencing and how it will affect plants and animals.

Here's one version of the article to explain (from USAToday.com): Spring keeps coming earlier for birds, bees, trees

Care to explain, anyone?

None here either...What as load of Cra@%7...........Carrie

Old 03-21-2008, 10:33 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,725,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Shhhh! Quiet! I'm trying to come up with a way to make a few bucks on the GW thing.
Do an Al Gore and become the president of a company that provides carbon credits than put out a movie about the impending doom of the earth due to global warming. I'm not saying there could be a strange link there, just a good idea.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:36 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,725,428 times
Quote:
So I noticed how several news articles on the internet, like USA Today or MSNBC.com, mentioned how this global warming is the MAIN cause for the early springtime we are apparently experiencing and how it will affect plants and animals.

Here's one version of the article to explain (from USAToday.com): Spring keeps coming earlier for birds, bees, trees

Care to explain, anyone?
Apparently some whackos said the environment is always changing. Through the history of the earth some periods of time have been colder or hotter.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:41 AM

3 posts, read 5,827 times
Well, back to the original post- it's all based on your location and weather trends. There will always be anomolies in the weather.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:56 AM

558 posts, read 1,318,524 times
After this winter, its hard to believe global warming is a bad thing. (yeah, I know about that bad effects, but dang, I wish spring would get here already!!)

Old 03-21-2008, 12:51 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,872,038 times
We've had more snow this year than any year I can remember. It snowed a little this morning. It never snows in late March here. In the 90s I recall having February temperatures reach into the 60s quite often as well as November temps. But in recent years, it hasn't warmed up until May, and get very cold in October. Personally I miss those years we had short winters. (at the time I hated them, but I am wiser and colder now)

In the last six months or so, I have seen a drop in the GW hype. (percieved maybe) But I think people are starting to realize that the Earth fluctuates, no amount of flourescent light bulbs is going to stop that. And Al Gore is not savior, he is laughing all the way to the bank. (Oscar in hand)

Old 03-21-2008, 12:57 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,791,969 times
We had record snow in Ohio... 20 inches... it was called a 100-year snow... its all melted now... must of been global warming that melted it by all the CO2 emitted from those who are lighting their fireplaces... or it could of been the sun... I think I will pick the least reasonable answer according to the eco-freaks..... the sun...

Old 03-21-2008, 02:24 PM

13,631 posts, read 20,712,014 times
Quote:
Well, the annual springtime cherry blossoms in D.C. have already arrived and that's partly what interested me here.
And I nearly froze last night and walking to work this morning. Early spring has become late winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies