Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree or disagree with Mitt Romney?
Yes, absolutely 78 78.00%
No 16 16.00%
I have no clue 6 6.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 12:49 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
This is a problem for both sides. The party of family values sure has some sketchy members. As does the party of women and such. Both sides are full of hypocrites in leadership. We need to get back on track as a nation and stop just accepting bad people just because they say they will vote for “our side”.
I can agree with that.
I see Trump's election to disrupt the status quo a success so far. He is responsible for putting so many issues on the table that people weren't willing to address. It is causing divides in both parties which need to change and get back to representing the people. It will take time to break the partisanship and get back to a government where both parties work together for the good of the people.
The myth of a party being for something is being exposed and the voters will have to make better informed choices over time to right the ship of fools that we have as government.
Many in the congress are in a struggle to represent the donors, whos money they need, and still convince the voters, whos votes they need, they are representing them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2017, 01:27 PM

9,470 posts, read 10,803,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
IF he did what apparently seems to be the truth as more info comes out-- he is a FRAUD
The only thing that has come out is that he is accused, anyone can level an accusation. Large amounts of accusers can be found with the right persuasion. It is just as likely political foes have generated these accusers as it is he pursued young women in the 1970s. Even if he is guilty of this he did these things 40 years ago when it was more common and more accepted. Is it fair to hold his feet to the fire for chasing young girls when he was in his 20s and early 30s when many many young men did this back then? Why are we holding a man to 2017 standards for acts committed in 1980? I do agree that if he did it it’s creepy but not the big deal that is being made of it. By thier own admission these young girls chose to go along with this and at a time that many young girls did things like this. Again the real issue here is he fact that touchy feels SJW snowflakes hate what he stands for. The accusers are valuable tools for them to silence his views

Old 12-07-2017, 10:37 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,794,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
It is his strong views that really offend the left.....those women are just a tool for y’all. That is truth, the women can help silence his conservatism. That is why this backlash is so strong. If he is a creep who follows 14 year old girls around I don’t like that. If it can be proven he does things like that then I agree he is not the best man to represent conservative values in the senate. The fact that he defies the federal government to standup for Christian values and states rights....now that I like. The left has found a way to corrupt our constitution through liberal courts, that is why much of the liberal agenda has made its way into law. Separation of church and state does not mean removal of church from society like the left thinks, federal mandates on abortion and gay marriage are illegal and violate the 10th amendment, Roy Moore has called the left on this. Roy Moore is a champion of states rights conservatism, that is what the left really hates, his views threaten thier whole strategy upon which they rely on to force unwanted social change upon the country. These women are very convenient for the left.
Interesting and I respect your opinion. However, your opinion is not the only opinion and who's to say that your way should be the only way? What you suggest as a liberal agenda and against the 10th amendment (?) is just an opinion on how you view the law should be interpreted. Your Christian values are your Christian values and are not the law of the land. Nor should they ever be. It has nothing to do with liberal this or liberal that and everything to do with the freedom we enjoy here as a very diverse nation. That's fine that you like the fact that he defies the federal government to stand up for Christian values and state rights (?) You'll have to explain that last comment because I don't understand where you're coming from.

Roy Moore was kicked off of the bench for disrespecting the rule of law in favor of his "Christian values." That is enough to make him unfit to represent all of the people and not just a select few. The supreme court interprets the law and if you vow to represent the constitution then you respect that rule of law. You don't get to make up your own myopic laws based on your belief system.

You claim that the left has found a way to corrupt our constitution? Again I might need an example. but it has to be something other then religious opinion. The last I read we were all free to worship any God or any religion in this country. or to not believe, and if the Evangelical right want to corrupt the constitution in favor of taking away gay rights, abortion, and freedom of choice then that view is no better then Isis.

We are a free nation. We are not a nation of one size must fit all, regardless of Roy Moore's views on Christianity. These women you claim are just a convenience have matching signatures given to them when they were teenagers. He admitted on TV that he saw his wife for the first time when she was a teenager. He was kicked off of the bench for not respecting our rule of law. Those that vote for Moore and turn a blind eye to this because of tribal politics are seriously flawed people. I'm sorry but lowering the bar because a republican is better then an honest democrat and may well be a better choice is sad.

Religious views belong in the heart, at home, in a church or with like minded people. Senators in the house belong to all of the people. Atheists, Muslims. Hindu's, Buddhists.......ALL Americans. If you personally can't represent all of us then step aside. One size will never fit all in this country.

Old 12-07-2017, 10:38 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Do you agree or disagree with statement from Mitt Romney?....
I've never agreed with Mitt Romney on anything. He's an entitled political elite establishment hack.

This is why I didn't vote for him in 2012.

Old 12-07-2017, 10:43 AM

18,455 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Do you agree or disagree with statement from Mitt Romney?

"Roy Moore in the US Senate would be a stain on the GOP and on the nation. Leigh Corfman and other victims are courageous heroes. No vote, no majority is worth losing our honor, our integrity."

Keep in mind this applies to both parties so please don't turn this into some partisan issue. I see that the Democrats have pushed out Conyers today but we still have Moore and Franken to deal with...

I think that firing someone or demanding that they step down on the basis of accusations alone is a very slippery slope indeed.

Regardless of political affiliation.

Old 12-07-2017, 10:45 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,728,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
If you have to ask if your honor is worth a vote, then your honor is already in question.
Politicians are known liars. The word "honor" should be left out of the conversation. Why do you think their are referred to as "The honorable xxxx"? It is a deflection from what they do every day.

Old 12-07-2017, 10:56 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,518,456 times
As a Christian who doesn't throw it in peoples faces. Trust me I'm not perfect. But I know what morals, ethics, and integrity are.

These far right evangelicals are Christianities version of ISIS. Making up their own crazy rules and morals. The devil himself is winning their souls. They even worship at the feet of a metal object, guns.

A pedofile is better than a democrat. Never mind Moore's history of being sanctioned as a judge. If he wins, all government money given to Alabama should stop. Let tthem find their own way. We know this state is one of the largest takers of federla money.

Old 12-07-2017, 11:04 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,585,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
40 years ago is too long without other proof. When will Franken resign?
So when are you going to condemn Moore and demand his withdrawal from the Senate race?

Old 12-07-2017, 11:08 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Mitt needs to shut up. dude is a loser

Old 12-07-2017, 11:14 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
NOPE, Romney is one I do not care for...........the Republicans are FINALLY starting to get
some fight in them, and they do not need Romney telling them to return to being wimps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies