Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 01:07 PM

12,998 posts, read 13,573,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Obviously your confused. The Democrats are not proposing lower taxes on any american.. Not even the middle class.
Obviously you don't know how to read to the end of a paragraph.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2008, 01:12 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,112,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Democrats are proposing tax increases from the middle class.

Old 03-22-2008, 01:34 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,814,416 times
Quote:
Obviously I do. You stand there and say "Will the Democrats take advantage of this obvous opportunity? " without recognizing that the Democrats have been not only raising taxes on all american, including the middle class, but have proposed to raise them even further.

They can NOT lower taxes and provide more and more and more governmental programs. It does NOT work.

Old 03-22-2008, 01:35 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,404,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
No, that's like crazy libs trying to still believe in evolution even after the 5 smartest God-fearing scientists have proven it not to be true!

TRANSLATION: BE A MAN! Not a monkey!
Have you ever stopped to notice that ALL of the letters in the word evil are present in evolution?

It's the work of Beelzebub himself, I tell ya!

http://panther2.video.blip.tv/Terraadmin-TERRA405Evilution244.jpg (broken link)

Old 03-22-2008, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Democrats are proposing tax increases from the middle class.

Here is what I wrote verbatim: the Democrats are in a good position to take advantage of this because they can actually lower taxes on many Americans (with middle class tax cuts) while raising tax revenue (by doing away with Bush investor/corporate tax cuts) ... I'm not holding my breath ... the old cliche of its knack for snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory ring true.

They COULD. I didn't say they WOULD. In fact, I express skepticism about them doing so.

Old 03-22-2008, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Here is what I wrote verbatim: the Democrats are in a good position to take advantage of this because they can actually lower taxes on many Americans (with middle class tax cuts) while raising tax revenue (by doing away with Bush investor/corporate tax cuts) ... I'm not holding my breath ... the old cliche of its knack for snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory ring true.

They COULD. I didn't say they WOULD. In fact, I express skepticism about them doing so.
The Republicans also COULD propose tax cuts.. oh wait.. they already do that, which is what leaves me so puzzled with your posting. The Democrats COULD propose a tax cut, thereby we should support them.. Um.. ok.

Old 03-22-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
the Democrats have been not only raising taxes on all american, including the middle class, but have proposed to raise them even further
They haven't raised taxes on anyone (at the national level) for eight years. The question is what they are going to do if they again are in a position to do anything.

Assuming they win in 2008, which is is no way a forgone conclusion I know. But for the sake of discussion, let's say they win the presidency and retain Congress: What they SHOULD do is expose the oversimplification of the GOP as the small government / less taxes party and them as the big goverment / more taxes party by taking advantage of the opportunity the Bush administration has opened up for them. They should do this by lowering taxes on the middle classes .. going back to pre-Bush tax levels on that small percentage of American that falls into the CEO/investor class... they will gripe, I know .. but somehow they managed to get along before 2000... they will find a way to manage again.

Old 03-22-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
The Democrats COULD propose a tax cut, thereby we should support them.. Um.. ok.
When did I say you should support the Democrats? You should support whichever party you think best represents your interests. Judging from your other posts, I'd guess that to be the GOP. You're a money-savy investor, right?

Old 03-22-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
They haven't raised taxes on anyone (at the national level) for eight years. The question is what they are going to do if they again are in a position to do anything.

Assuming they win in 2008, which is is no way a forgone conclusion I know. But for the sake of discussion, let's say they win the presidency and retain Congress: What they SHOULD do is expose the oversimplification of the GOP as the small government / less taxes party and them as the big goverment / more taxes party by taking advantage of the opportunity the Bush administration has opened up for them. They should do this by lowering taxes on the middle classes .. going back to pre-Bush tax levels on that small percentage of American that falls into the CEO/investor class... they will gripe, I know .. but somehow they managed to get along before 2000... they will find a way to manage again.
They havent raised taxes in EIGHT years?

CLINTON AND OBAMA VOTE TO RAISE TAXES - Topic Lexington, N.C. forums
Democrats Vote to Raise Cost of Gas and Food! « American Elephants
The Corner on National Review Online=
Democrats fail in attempt to raise taxes | Human Events | Find Articles at BNET.com
Democrats to Raise Taxes By the Billions
The Seattle Times: Politics: House Democrats to propose raising gasoline tax by 9.5 cents
PositiveSarcasm.com – Democrats Vote to Raise Oil Tax

Where have you been?

Old 03-22-2008, 02:10 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,497,515 times
Quote:
Less rigid does not mean ignorance and ignoring evidence, it means relying on what is known to work and less willing to try things that might or might not work.

and then you say later that you ARE willing to try new things.

Which is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies