Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 08:09 AM

319 posts, read 199,116 times

Advertisements

This is a guy with a long history of experience as to how Washington works.

We criticize Ivanka for how little she's been able to influence President Trump's actions; yet we have Mike Pence, VP, with loads of experience and relationships with D.C. - he has had no influence.

Or has he? Saying Mike Pence has no influence is like saying Dick Cheney had no influence.

Steve Bannon gets credit/blame for puppeteering Trump, but Mike Pence should as well.

We already know Pence and his team have been organizing in case something happens to Trump so Pence can take over.

And the leaks? I don't think it was just Reince Priebus or Steve Bannon leaking things. I think Pence leaks a lot of stuff too.

Pence has successfully got Trump to implement the wish list of the donors Pence serves, all while keeping Pence's own name off of the initiatives so he can't be tied to the sloppiness of the implementation, the legal/criminal implications of it, or the backlash when things go wrong.

Whenever things go wrong, Pence goes on TV and says he wasn't aware of this and that. But I don't buy this act of his where he wants us to believe that he knows less than Jon Snow. People have counted all the lies Trump has told either on TV or in tweets, but let's not forget that Pence lies with the best of them as well.

And when Pence inevitably has to be interviewed by Mueller, Pence will cover himself and turn on Trump in a heartbeat if it came down to that. Pence benefitted from Trump's election and will benefit even more if Trump goes down.

I think Pence has been manipulating Trump, the Trump family, and the media. Therefore Pence needs to get just as much blame for how things are going - because 1) he knows better and 2) he is in control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2017, 08:41 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockruhtese View Post

We criticize Ivanka for how little she's been able to influence President Trump's actions; yet we have Mike Pence, VP, with loads of experience and relationships with D.C. - he has had no influence.

Or has he? Saying Mike Pence has no influence is like saying Dick Cheney had no influence.

Steve Bannon gets credit/blame for puppeteering Trump, but Mike Pence should as well.

We already know Pence and his team have been organizing in case something happens to Trump so Pence can take over.

And the leaks? I don't think it was just Reince Priebus or Steve Bannon leaking things. I think Pence leaks a lot of stuff too.

Pence has successfully got Trump to implement the wish list of the donors Pence serves, all while keeping Pence's own name off of the initiatives so he can't be tied to the sloppiness of the implementation, the legal/criminal implications of it, or the backlash when things go wrong.

Whenever things go wrong, Pence goes on TV and says he wasn't aware of this and that. But I don't buy this act of his where he wants us to believe that he knows less than Jon Snow. People have counted all the lies Trump has told either on TV or in tweets, but let's not forget that Pence lies with the best of them as well.

And when Pence inevitably has to be interviewed by Mueller, Pence will cover himself and turn on Trump in a heartbeat if it came down to that. Pence benefitted from Trump's election and will benefit even more if Trump goes down.

I think Pence has been manipulating Trump, the Trump family, and the media. Therefore Pence needs to get just as much blame for how things are going - because 1) he knows better and 2) he is in control.
I think Pence is just doing as ordered by the GOP leadership, waiting to take over the Oval Office after trump is Removed.

Old 12-06-2017, 08:45 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sockruhtese View Post

Definitely interesting theory.

I always think of Pence as a cowardly sycophantic lapdog with no personality. Former unpopular governor of Indiana with no political future. One of the few people even willing to share the ticket with Trump.

But you could be right--he may be a stealth lapdog.

Old 12-06-2017, 09:14 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,220,237 times
Pence, sanctimonious holy roller that he is, is the reason why I don't want Trump to be impeached, removed from office, or to resign. I loathe Trump, but his incompetence is his saving grace.

Old 12-06-2017, 09:40 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,930 times
Pence like most Bible thumpers would sell their own mother into slavery if that is what it takes to get what they want. The over the top sanctimony is just a way for them to avoid dealing with the guilt of being a scumbag.

If Pence really meant what he said about his religious beliefs, he would not have even considered working for Trump. Ultimately, his personal ambition was far more important than his fake public persona as a pious person with actual morals and ethics.

Jesus and the Bible are just marketing tools for people like Pence. If his base of voters was not majority evangelical Christians Pence would be singing a completely different tune.

Old 12-06-2017, 09:44 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Pence is by far the most conservative person we have seen so close to the presidentcy in ages. He is not only conservative but yes, a Bible thumper to some degree, but guilty of anything wrong I seriously doubt it. OP, I think you might be letting your imagination run away from you.

Old 12-06-2017, 09:48 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
Pence, sanctimonious holy roller that he is, is the reason why I don't want Trump to be impeached, removed from office, or to resign. I loathe Trump, but his incompetence is his saving grace.
I'm with you on this. As terrible as Trump is, he's such an idiot that he's no real threat to pass a bunch of conservative policy.

Pence on the other hand, definitely could. I'd prefer three more years of Trump than three years of Pence.

Old 12-06-2017, 09:51 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
I wish I could rep you a million times. My thoughts exactly!

Old 12-06-2017, 10:00 AM

8,484 posts, read 6,891,592 times
Snake in the grass? He's a politician. That goes with the territory.

Old 12-06-2017, 10:02 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,107,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I think Pence is just doing as ordered by the GOP leadership, waiting to take over the Oval Office after trump is Removed.
Better yet he is masterminding Trump's failure and removal so he can be the president. He is even more shady and horrible than thump thump no one's home trump.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies