U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-06-2017, 02:35 PM
 
Location: In The Thin Air
12,252 posts, read 8,040,413 times
Reputation: 8907

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Well then, I'm staying right here where my pizza is made by native Brooklynites!
Ha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-06-2017, 02:41 PM
 
Location: Middle of nowhere
20,326 posts, read 10,402,765 times
Reputation: 7957
I'm willing to bet that any given taco bell sees more of a "flood" of pot heads that all of the hospitals in the US combined do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2017, 02:45 PM
 
3,144 posts, read 876,326 times
Reputation: 2465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Kinda funny, actually.
But I can see that happening to me, if I even smoked a cigarette Smoking anything is stupid; smoking pot is extra stupid.
Carl Sagan disagrees with you:

https://www.leafly.com/news/pop-cult...sagan-cannabis

Quote:
“The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.” —Carl Sagan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2017, 02:51 PM
 
3,144 posts, read 876,326 times
Reputation: 2465
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Making another dangerous drug more readily available and telling people it's good for them is just plain wrong, and a bad idea.
It couldn't be more available than it already is. It is even for sale in every school in the country! You can't say that about alcohol. Easier availability of pot to kids is just one of many negative side effects of The War on Drugs.

What's just plain wrong, and a bad idea, is to continue a damaging, prolonged war that has not produced the desired results since it was started over 40 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2017, 02:55 PM
 
Location: In The Thin Air
12,252 posts, read 8,040,413 times
Reputation: 8907
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I'm willing to bet that any given taco bell sees more of a "flood" of pot heads that all of the hospitals in the US combined do.
You would win that bet!.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2017, 02:56 PM
 
Location: Middle of nowhere
20,326 posts, read 10,402,765 times
Reputation: 7957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
It couldn't be more available than it already is. It is even for sale in every school in the country! You can't say that about alcohol. Easier availability of pot to kids is just one of many negative side effects of The War on Drugs.

What's just plain wrong, and a bad idea, is to continue a damaging, prolonged war that has not produced the desired results since it was started over 40 years ago.
I know that I could get pot long before I could get my hands on beer. Just about any teen can pick up pot on their way home from the school bus stop. The same can't be said of liquor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2017, 03:00 PM
 
Location: Texas
43,430 posts, read 52,425,333 times
Reputation: 70403
It's not supposed to be addictive, but I have to see any one of our vomiting frequent fliers willing to quit pot so they don't have to be admitted for uncontrollable barfing every 1-2 months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2017, 03:10 PM
 
Location: So Cal
40,217 posts, read 39,759,578 times
Reputation: 41679
I don't trust much from the Daily Mail. I've never heard of this problem with smoking too much pot. Never once til now. I'm not a pot smoker but I still can attest that alcohol abuse is much much more of a problem then MJ is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2017, 03:15 PM
 
Location: Middle of nowhere
20,326 posts, read 10,402,765 times
Reputation: 7957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't trust much from the Daily Mail. I've never heard of this problem with smoking too much pot. Never once til now. I'm not a pot smoker but I still can attest that alcohol abuse is much much more of a problem then MJ is.
Yep. I have vomited from MD 20 20 but never from MJ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2017, 03:17 PM
 
Location: In The Thin Air
12,252 posts, read 8,040,413 times
Reputation: 8907
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
It's not supposed to be addictive, but I have to see any one of our vomiting frequent fliers willing to quit pot so they don't have to be admitted for uncontrollable barfing every 1-2 months.
Many have quit without even a hint of a feeling of withdrawal. It is not addictive. Probably .01% of the people that smoke it on a regular basis have this issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:37 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top