Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2017, 04:15 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
OMG, you too? I knew you were a doc and vehemently anti-pot, but I didn't know you had stooped to the level of making things up. Vomiting frequent fliers every 1-2 months because of pot. Nonsense.

I know there are ER and hospital nurses that monitor these forums. Please pipe up, and tell us how many times you have seen "scromiting".

My son-in-law is an ER doc. Stan4, you have now permanently lost any respect I had for you.
Your son does not read journals? He doesn't get our board publication?

It's been an article TWICE in our monthly news magazine just recently.

I think you are the one making things up. I am not vehemently anti-pot, btw. I think booze is worse, for one.

This does not seem to be a super common problem, but it's common enough that everyone is talking. And like I said, what strikes me as odd is how much people are NOT willing to stop doing the thing that keeps them coming back.

Though I suppose it's the same with many drugs or behaviors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2017, 04:22 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Interesting to see the potheads struggling to dismiss the sources and defend their drug of choice.
FWIW, I don't touch the stuff, and I still maintain that anything you read in the Daily Mail is likely to be if not flat-out untrue, then at least sensationalized beyond description.

"Flooding" ERs, please.

Old 12-06-2017, 04:24 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
yeah, because humans haven't been consuming cannabis for at least the past 10,000 years. Surely now we'll get to the bottom of this deadly, dangerous drug
But this side effect is new.

Stoners just want to get stoned.

Old 12-06-2017, 04:25 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
A fine cigar and a cognac after dinner say otherwise.
Cigar smoke in clothes and hair, though... Unless you wear a smoking jacket and a fez, in which case, more power to you.

4,921 posts, read 7,689,172 times
This post is like "Reefer Madness."

If the pharmaceutical companies could find a way to patent cannabis it would be on every shelf in every store all over the world.

By now I thought Americans would have demanded that marijuana be legal throughout the country. Instead we have massive opioid deaths due to the greed of pharmaceutical companies and the huge number of traffic deaths due to drunk driving. Yet the country of the free are still prevented from using a healing plant given to us by the creator, (whatever you call him/her).
A citizen can sit in a bar and drink him/herself into oblivion or take prescription narcotics until they are numb but not allowed to use a healing plant that has proved itself. WTF!

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
But this side effect is new.

Stoners just want to get stoned.

And blown entirely out of proportion by saying it's "flooding emergency rooms", completely unsubstantiated by the cited article.

Old 12-06-2017, 04:26 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Toxicology Rounds: The Anti-Munchies: Cannabinoid Hyperemesi... : Emergency Medicine News

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5360975/

This one lists the various studies tthat have been done to help symptoms...hmmm...everyone must just be making stuff up...the mayo clinic, various academic physicians and toxicologists...gee...

https://www.aliem.com/2017/11/trick-...d-hyperemesis/

Old 12-06-2017, 04:28 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
"Chronic cannabis users are at risk of experiencing a horrifying new condition that is being reported at hospitals across the country. 'Scromiting,' doctors say, is becoming an all-too-familiar site at emergency rooms, with patients 'screaming and vomiting' as they turn up for help."
Heavy marijuana users showing up at the ER 'scromiting' | Daily Mail Online

More bad news for the notion that pot is safe and great. The drugs build up in your brain and cause vomiting and screaming. Chime: but, but, but, big pharma!
Lol. How about CRM -- Chronic Reefer Madness?

Personally, I don't put a lot of stock in the Daily Mail as a source of medical information.

Old 12-06-2017, 04:29 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I guess you're not a doctor.

A cyclic vomiting syndrome-like issue associated with pot is common enough that we see it ALL the time AND I'M NOT in a state that is legal. My colleagues in states where it is legal have had more opportunity to identify and deal with this.
Sure you do.

Old 12-06-2017, 04:29 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Cigar smoke in clothes and hair, though... Unless you wear a smoking jacket and a fez, in which case, more power to you.
"Fezzes are cool"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies