Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 10:06 AM

46,947 posts, read 25,984,404 times

Advertisements

Numbers conspicuously absent. And it being the Daily Mail, I will now have to independently verify that emergency rooms in fact exist.

Anyway, overindulgence is bad.

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 12-06-2017 at 10:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2017, 10:07 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
"Chronic cannabis users are at risk of experiencing a horrifying new condition that is being reported at hospitals across the country. 'Scromiting,' doctors say, is becoming an all-too-familiar site at emergency rooms, with patients 'screaming and vomiting' as they turn up for help."

Heavy marijuana users showing up at the ER 'scromiting' | Daily Mail Online

More bad news for the notion that pot is safe and great. The drugs build up in your brain and cause vomiting and screaming. Chime: but, but, but, big pharma!
I don't care what you ingest or who you screw...just leave me out of it.

Old 12-06-2017, 10:08 AM

19,626 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
What’s the hospital’s ratio of “scromiters” to people suffering from alcohol withdrawal?
It's just that it is unexpected with marijuana, which is deemed safe and medically used for anti-nausea purposes. If it happens I can imagine it is very scary and distressing. Unlike getting sick off alcohol which we all know can happen and how unpleasant it is.

I think people believe weed is so safe they over indulge. Maybe we should take it down a notch and tell users to be careful or you could experience really unpleasant side effects like with alcohol.

You can't flood your body with chemicals (even "natural" ones) and expect your body to always cooperate. I believe weed does other damage related to some of the things it is used for medicinally as well. Some people will use and later regret it just as people do with other drugs, alcohol or cigarettes.

Old 12-06-2017, 10:09 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,616,175 times
https://hightimes.com/health/what-is...esis-syndrome/

Basically it is an allergy. Everything in this world can cause an allergy. Another fake thread promoting the Reefer Madness agenda.

Quote from the articles I posted: "This may sound scary, but it’s very rare. I’ve known many heavy smokers all my life and have only recently heard of it through research online."

OP, this isn't new. It is rare.

Old 12-06-2017, 10:09 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,936,051 times
Reefer madness! HAH!

Old 12-06-2017, 10:17 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,589,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Reefer madness! HAH!
Reefer science.

Old 12-06-2017, 10:17 AM

24,483 posts, read 17,226,594 times
"Scromiting" Now that is a funny word.

Consuming too much of anything can be bad for your health. I say let Darwin sort them out.

Who are these people that are flooding the emergency rooms? Seth Rogan and his buddies Cheech and Chong ?

Old 12-06-2017, 10:18 AM

19,626 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
https://hightimes.com/health/what-is...esis-syndrome/

Basically it is an allergy. Everything in this world can cause an allergy. Another fake thread promoting the Reefer Madness agenda.

Quote from the articles I posted: "This may sound scary, but it’s very rare. I’ve known many heavy smokers all my life and have only recently heard of it through research online."
Weed seems to keep getting stronger. They do more edibles now, some people get sick or too high off the edibles.

The emesis isn't fake, it's a real thing that can happen after a lot of use. And people can get panicky if they get too high, with pounding heart and panic attacks.

This is not reefer madness, it is common sense warnings like with any other drug.

Old 12-06-2017, 10:20 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
People have been consuming cannabis for centuries. So if it's a "new condition", there must be something else involved.

My $$$'s on Reefer Madness!

Old 12-06-2017, 10:21 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Weed seems to keep getting stronger. They do more edibles now, some people get sick or too high off the edibles.

The emesis isn't fake, it's a real thing that can happen after a lot of use. And people can get panicky if they get too high, with pounding heart and panic attacks.

This is not reefer madness, it is common sense warnings like with any other drug.
I have heard that marijuana is stronger, much stronger, than in my youth. I suppose the last puff I had was around 1975. Good weed was mighty hard to find back then. It was $10 for an ounce. The best was from Hawaii, while one had to be on the lookout for "Kansas weed", which looked like marijuana and smelled like marijuana, but smoking a pound of it would only irritate your throat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies