Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 06:51 PM

5,887 posts, read 3,880,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
"Chronic cannabis users are at risk of experiencing a horrifying new condition that is being reported at hospitals across the country. 'Scromiting,' doctors say, is becoming an all-too-familiar site at emergency rooms, with patients 'screaming and vomiting' as they turn up for help."

Heavy marijuana users showing up at the ER 'scromiting' | Daily Mail Online

More bad news for the notion that pot is safe and great. The drugs build up in your brain and cause vomiting and screaming. Chime: but, but, but, big pharma!
Thread fail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2017, 09:54 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,655,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Some people on the chronic forums describe having "trips" on weed. This is not something I have heard of in the past, unless it was laced, not by me or anyone I know. Some of the new stuff must be pretty strong if people are tripping off it.

Fine, legalize it, just be careful. Like with alcohol, don't drive while tripping. It isn't like soda- please.
Hallucinations from weed have been around for as long as people have smoked it. I bet diabetes from excess soda has killed far more people than marijuana has.

Old 12-11-2017, 10:02 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,639,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
People have been consuming cannabis for centuries. So if it's a "new condition", there must be something else involved.
I was thinking the same thing. Funny how we start seeing and hearing about things like this when instead of getting normal honest pot grown in your neighbor's greenhouse, there's an influx of designer weed courtesy of the "medical marijuana" machine. Just go back to smoking basic "Mexican dirt" weed, and you'll be right as rain.

Disclaimer: The use of the word "Mexican" in my description of a type of marijuana was not meant to be demeaning or negative towards the fine citizens of Mexico. It's just a name for low grade herb.

Old 12-11-2017, 10:04 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,180,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
"Chronic cannabis users are at risk of experiencing a horrifying new condition that is being reported at hospitals across the country. 'Scromiting,' doctors say, is becoming an all-too-familiar site at emergency rooms, with patients 'screaming and vomiting' as they turn up for help."

Heavy marijuana users showing up at the ER 'scromiting' | Daily Mail Online

More bad news for the notion that pot is safe and great. The drugs build up in your brain and cause vomiting and screaming. Chime: but, but, but, big pharma!
Uhh, bull**** ? lol

Old 12-12-2017, 04:09 AM

27,044 posts, read 13,303,145 times
These pot users are doing it all wrong according to the latest advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro

Here’s another thing you’ve been doing wrong your whole life – getting high.

Instead of crumbling weed into joints or smoking it in a bong, you should have been stuffing it where the sun doesn’t shine.

That’s according to doctors in Canada – who say that inserting weed up your anus is better than smoking it, or eating it, according to High Times.

Mikhail Kogan of the Center for Integrative Medicine at George Washington University in Washington, D.C. said, ‘Rectally is actually a lot more preferred because of the volume of absorption.

‘You can put a lot more and it gets absorbed a lot better, but not everybody is open to this way of administration.’

You should be putting weed up your anus instead of smoking it, doctors advise | Metro News

Old 12-12-2017, 04:24 AM

7,998 posts, read 12,695,543 times
I love the creative "reefer madness" title the OP gave this thread. "Flooding emergency rooms" ?

From the article - According to the NCBI: ‘Often mistakenly called Cyclical Vomiting Syndrome, Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome is a rare form of cannabinoid toxicity that develops in chronic smokers.'
‘It’s characterized by cyclic episodes of debilitating nausea and vomiting. People who suffer from the syndrome often find that hot showers relieve their symptoms, and will compulsively bathe during episodes of nausea and vomiting. Symptoms stop after cessation of cannabis use.’

Read more: Heavy marijuana users showing up at the ER 'scromiting' | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is happening to the marijuana equivalent of alcoholics; those that smoke 5 or 6 times a DAY. Most people do not use marijuana anywhere near this frequency.

I think these reefer madness posters on city data should come clean and clearly state their connection to the war on marijuana. I suspect many are in law enforcement or have some other monetary interest in continued persecution of marijuana.

Old 12-12-2017, 05:19 AM

68,300 posts, read 54,222,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
Hallucinations from weed have been around for as long as people have smoked it. I bet diabetes from excess soda has killed far more people than marijuana has.

Hallucinations from nothing have been around for as long as we recorded history.

Old 12-12-2017, 05:46 AM

3,641 posts, read 3,768,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
I think these reefer madness posters on city data should come clean and clearly state their connection to the war on marijuana. I suspect many are in law enforcement or have some other monetary interest in continued persecution of marijuana.
I'm making money off stoners. On the front end via investment in a side industry that manufactures products for intensive growing systems. On the back end via an investment in a small rehab group.

Still hate weed and other drug abuse. Still think those that use them and booze are weak and shorting themselves and the rest of us by not being at their best. Would cheerfully give up the income if people stopped using.

Old 12-12-2017, 07:37 AM

19,492 posts, read 12,126,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
Nope. Normal weed does not induce hallucinations unless you have some other kind of problem. If it does, then it is to be taken very seriously and ought to be categorized with LSD and other hallucinogens. Nothing like people walking around and driving while seeing things that are not there.

Old 12-12-2017, 06:24 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,655,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Nope. Normal weed does not induce hallucinations unless you have some other kind of problem. If it does, then it is to be taken very seriously and ought to be categorized with LSD and other hallucinogens. Nothing like people walking around and driving while seeing things that are not there.
Like everything in life, there are varying degrees of hallucinations.

Weed, specifically the THC in weed, is sometimes classified as a hallucinogen.

Just reading the Wikipedia article for "hallucinogen" illustrates this.

Quote:
"One possible way of classifying the hallucinogens is by their chemical structure and that of the receptors they act on. In this vein, the following categories are often used:

Psychedelics
(5-HT2A receptor agonists)
Tryptamines
Lysergamides
Phenethylamines
Serotonin releasing agents
Substituted methylenedioxyphenethylamines
Cannabinoids (CB-1 receptor agonists)
Dissociatives
NMDA receptor antagonists
κ-Opioid receptor agonists
GABAergics
Deliriants
Anticholinergics"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallucinogen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies