Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2017, 07:34 PM

41,815 posts, read 51,008,283 times

Advertisements

Sena Hannity is permitted to carry a hand gun around Long Island, you're OK despite it would be almost impossible for you to get one even for your house?

Last edited by thecoalman; 12-07-2017 at 07:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2017, 07:35 PM

2,184 posts, read 1,380,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
So much for states rights.

Individual rights trump states rights.

Old 12-07-2017, 07:37 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,362,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
seems to me each state should have their own laws..... i get gun nuts think guns are special but so are states.
So it would be Ok for California to dump that annoying free speech? Or maybe ditch the 4th amendment too, I'm sure it would make things easier for law enforcement to just ignore any rights against illegal search and seizure.

Old 12-07-2017, 07:49 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,032,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I think we should stop with the civilized pretenses and just declare open season on the populace. Everyone goes locked and loaded all the times, and anyone you kill you can eat. That's probably the GOP Senate version right there.

You've just described a GOP Utopia!!

Old 12-07-2017, 07:51 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,032,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This is a very foolish bill, some states have absolutely no restrictions on concealed carry. I guess this was a reaction to the Las Vegas shooting, makes no sense. This morning I heard a survivor of the shooting indicating this was a good idea, crazy.

This has been promoted by the NRA and it appears they have their backers in the house. Who says congress doesn't do anything about mass killings, now we have their answer, more guns.

True. I wonder if the GOP would be ok with solving the illegal immigrant problem by adding MORE illegals

Old 12-07-2017, 08:55 PM

18,450 posts, read 7,077,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You can visit a state without a gun, not so easy without a drivers license. Speed limits are posted as are gun laws, ignorance is not a good excuse in this age of the internet, it you don't know the laws of another state before you visit then you should probably shouldn't even own a gun and have someone handling your affairs.
Where did I advocate not being aware of other states laws?

Old 12-07-2017, 09:16 PM

39,838 posts, read 26,470,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
According to the NRA site there is no permit required to buy a handgun in Utah, you would need the permit for concealed carry. It's the same thing here in PA. I can walk out my front door tomorrow, into the gun shop, 5 minute background check and out the front with whatever I want. Without a permit that gun would have to be properly secured in the car while traveling with it and if you wanted to carry without permit you can open carry, other than that there is really no restrictions.
Thing is, if you're traveling and go through some of the more backwards, eastern states, you are a felon even if you keep your gun locked up and do not carry (open or concealed). I'd like to go back to NY to visit friends I grew up with. But even if I keep it locked on my bike-there is no way I can legally do so. I CAN ride straight through the state with it locked up (as long as my destination is a state where it's legal)...assuming I am up on the particular whim of that state. Even under the standards of the FOPA, NY could still come after me with a normal capacity magazine. And if I stop and visit, I'm SOL either way.

NY, MA, NJ, IL, CA and a few other states need signs at the borders. Welcome to the Soviet Union-set your clocks back 100 years.

Old 12-08-2017, 05:36 AM

50,226 posts, read 46,975,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
A drivers license is nationally recognized. I guarantee the background check on my CCW was more thorough than for a drivers license...
They are handing them out to illegals but the morons think DLs in the hands of people they don't know are ok. They are more likely to get run over in a cross walk than shot on a day to day basis.

Old 12-09-2017, 11:28 PM

2,309 posts, read 900,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
As long as black people enjoy these rights, I'm good with it.
Why would you think they wouldn't?

Old 12-09-2017, 11:29 PM

2,309 posts, read 900,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
So much for states rights. A major funder of the GOP wants to open the door for crazies to carry across state lines to export mass killings.

I am a gun owner.
States rights only cover things NOT mentioned in the constitution. Do states have the right to interpret free speech as they wish?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies