U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 08:38 AM

23,860 posts, read 11,866,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
Oh, boy! Yippee! Go for it, stoners!

A couple of years ago I invested in two off-shoot industries. One is related to growing in a contained area. Admittedly, also used for growing vegetables in harsh climates, but of interest to the weed industry. It's doing nicely.

The other is in a small rehab service for people struggling with addiction and general side effects of consumption. Now, I read on here that can't happen. There are no ill-effects to smoking/ingesting weed. The little company's imaginary customers do seem to get better, and it, too, is performing well.
The relief is palliative.

Dope cures nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2017, 10:42 AM

62,728 posts, read 34,201,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post

Dope cures nothing.
It 'cures' common sense. Of course that makes sense only if common sense was a problem which needed to be 'cured'.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:46 AM

17,081 posts, read 13,640,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It 'cures' common sense. Of course that makes sense only if common sense was a problem which needed to be 'cured'.
Common sense is relative, and is a potentially dangerous term in a hazardous environment.

I put little trust in common sense.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:50 AM

9,064 posts, read 2,961,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Not totally sure whether POC is the appropriate forum, but since legalization is generally still a political, somewhat controversial issue, I thought it appropriate to post this article here.

Inquisitir - Legal Cannabis Market Expected to Triple in Size by 2021/

Per the article, if this prediction bears out, that means the legal cannabis market (currently $8B) will see more revenue than the NFL (aiming to $25B in revenue by 2027). Even high-ranking employees at Google and Apple have left to start cannabis startups.

What a time to be alive!

Thoughts?
And death and injury caused by stoned drivers will also greatly increase. Dropouts from schools and disfunction on jobs will also rise. Children will go hungry and undisciplined, because of their pothead parents. And it's all because of the greed of local and state governments, that see only dollar signs, from the taxes. It will be one more big chunk, taken out of our civilization. How much further can we degrade ourselves and still survive?

Of course, potheads will deny all these things, because that goes along with the disease that has taken over their lives. I wonder how they might explain and minimize the epidemic of "scromiting" from marijuana use, that is flooding emergency rooms in areas that are pretending to have legalized it?

Last edited by Steve McDonald; 12-10-2017 at 11:04 AM..

Old 12-10-2017, 10:56 AM

3,144 posts, read 878,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
And death and injury caused by stoned drivers will also greatly increase. Dropouts from schools and disfunction on jobs will also rise. Children will go hungry and undisciplined, because of their pothead parents. And it's all because of the greed of local and state governments, who see only dollar signs, from the taxes. It will be one more big chunk, taken out of our civilization. How much further can we degrade ourselves and still survive?

Of course, potheads will deny all these things, because that goes along with the disease that has taken over their lives.
Actually, most people will deny those things, not just "potheads". Maybe because they are true only in your head? The facts do not correspond with your assertions, and legalization has had 5 years to work.

https://coloradopolitics.com/marijua...ic-fatalities/

Quote:
Some newspapers and news shows played up a story that contends legalized marijuana has made our roads and highways less safe. It may sound plausible, but the facts don’t support this assertion. In fact, marijuana legalization has not increased overall traffic fatality rates nor the total number of non-fatal crashes, according to two separate studies conducted by Columbia University and the University of Texas-Austin.

Additionally, Colorado State Patrol reports a decrease in the number of driving impaired accidents since marijuana sales became legal.
As far as diseases goes, I am 61. I have been using it daily for over 45 years, actually over 46 years now. I have never filed a medical insurance claim in my life. Would you like to compare health reports?

Old 12-10-2017, 11:05 AM

3,144 posts, read 878,420 times
Quote:
I wonder how they might explain and minimize the epidemic of "scromiting" from marijuana use, that is flooding emergency rooms in areas that are pretending to have legalized it?
See how well these propaganda articles work? Amazingly unbelievable.

Steve, if you were open minded, I would recommend this thread:

Pot users flooding emergency rooms with "scromiting" syndrome

However, don't bother. You won't learn anything resembling reality from that thread, because you won't even read the replies that debunked that issue.

Old 12-10-2017, 11:25 AM
Status: "Elect a clown? Expect a circus!" (set 11 days ago)

58,079 posts, read 40,863,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I already proved it by posting the link showing crime in Denver since legalization is rising much faster than the rest of the country. It is tedious to discuss anything with you because people can provide links after links and you always come back saying there is no proof. Has marijuana eroded your memory?
A link showing crime has gone up in Denver since legalization DOES NOT in and of itself prove cannabis is the cause. As I've said, the lack of bank acceptance of the cannabis business puts large amounts of cash on the street. You've supplied nothing factual proving it's cannabis and not the large amounts of cash fueling the crime increase. WHAT is it that's eroded your memory?

Old 12-10-2017, 11:26 AM

Quote:
And death and injury caused by stoned drivers will also greatly increase. Dropouts from schools and disfunction on jobs will also rise. Children will go hungry and undisciplined, because of their pothead parents. And it's all because of the greed of local and state governments, that see only dollar signs, from the taxes. It will be one more big chunk, taken out of our civilization. How much further can we degrade ourselves and still survive?

Of course, potheads will deny all these things, because that goes along with the disease that has taken over their lives. I wonder how they might explain and minimize the epidemic of "scromiting" from marijuana use, that is flooding emergency rooms in areas that are pretending to have legalized it?

Sensible people will deny all those things knowing they are not supported by fact.

Old 12-10-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post

Dope cures nothing.

People suffering lack of appetite due to treatments like chemo say otherwise. I suspect the die-hard reefer madness crowd would rather they starve to death than admit a valid medical use of cannabis.

Old 12-10-2017, 11:32 AM

62,728 posts, read 34,201,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
A link showing crime has gone up in Denver since legalization DOES NOT in and of itself prove cannabis is the cause. As I've said, the lack of bank acceptance of the cannabis business puts large amounts of cash on the street. You've supplied nothing factual proving it's cannabis and not the large amounts of cash fueling the crime increase. WHAT is it that's eroded your memory?
I have provided plenty to hard facts, but you'll have to ask the mods to un-delete it if you want to see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or