U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 08:35 AM

3,144 posts, read 878,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
We'd looked at getting into this business over the last year or two. Yes, it's growing like crazy and will continue to do so. The problem is it's nearly impossible for a "mom and pop" business to start up or exist at this point and those that pioneered the whole MMJ thing are being run out of the business by investment bankers and conglomerates.

I fully believe the rules and regulations in many states were specifically written so as to prohibit anyone other than those with deep pockets or access to huge funding the ability to do business...
You pretty much nailed it, except for the reason why the rules and regulations are written the way they are.

If you were to look into the way Ohio tried to legalize, you would find their rules and regulations required the product to come from four growers only. Those growers were picked in advance. It smacks of more corruption than I've even seen on display. The lawmakers would have been in collusion with those ultra-wealthy growers.

Those regulations were an attempt to recoup the losses the lawmakers would have personally suffered when the anti-pot lobbyists pull their perks.

So I believe you will continue to find bizarre, non-intuitive ways to legalize as the lawmakers struggle with creative ways to replace the money and other perks from lobbyists they have been addicted to for years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2017, 08:36 AM

2,679 posts, read 977,166 times
Quote:
I fully believe BigPharma will own the MJ business within the next 5 years...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
That and the big tobacco and alcohol companies. They will destroy it too. They will eventually breed out all the exotic stuff in favor of fast growing, high yield, disease resistant strains. It's already happening. You can't get good ole Skunk #1 or #5 anymore because it is too difficult to grow. They used it to make hybrids and the parent strain is gone.
Way to be a buzzkill guys...

Old 12-08-2017, 08:37 AM

2,923 posts, read 908,769 times
Love it, cannabis is fine in moderation. How do I invest through the stock market? I don't have hundreds of thousands to do my own startup

Old 12-08-2017, 08:37 AM
Status: "Elect a clown? Expect a circus!" (set 13 days ago)

58,093 posts, read 40,876,393 times
Quote:
I fully believe BigPharma will own the MJ business within the next 5 years...

More than likely, it's about the $$$, nothing else.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:40 AM

45,682 posts, read 33,937,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Reality is, until the Federal Gov changes it's laws regarding this, there still is still no such thing as legal cannabis. They can pull the plug on all of it anytime they want to.
Trump is opposed to alcohol and drugs.

That has not prevented Trump Org from owning, operating and selling Trump Wine. It has not prevented Trump Org from selling alcohol at their commercial properties.

When someone is successful pitching Trump branded weed to Trump Org, it's more likely Trump will see the business opportunities.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:42 AM

13,070 posts, read 4,452,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Way to be a buzzkill guys...
It's the truth though. You'll see. Like I said, all the old school exotic stuff that is or at least used to be all over Amsterdam are nowhere to be found in the legal shops in the US and replaced with hybrids that turn a quick yield instead. There isn't a whole lot of difference between the strains here in the US either besides taste. They are all mostly the same potency and effect. Of course some are better than others, but with the amount of different strains you'd expect there to be a wider margin of differences.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Yes, I can tell you that THC itself does nothing for pain. I have hip bursitis and I'm high right now on 85% vape oil and my hip is absolutely killing me. I heard the creams with no THC work, I don't know anyone that has used them but they supposedly do.
I do. I'm a ham radio operator, and most of us are up there in years. I have overheard numerous conversations of old fogies talking, and many report that CBD creams work better than anything else they've tried, by rubbing them directly into the painful area.

They also express surprise, because as victims of the government brainwashing over the last 80 years they too believed that marijuana was a scourge.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:43 AM

5,659 posts, read 2,704,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Not totally sure whether POC is the appropriate forum, but since legalization is generally still a political, somewhat controversial issue, I thought it appropriate to post this article here.

Inquisitir - Legal Cannabis Market Expected to Triple in Size by 2021/

Per the article, if this prediction bears out, that means the legal cannabis market (currently $8B) will see more revenue than the NFL (aiming to $25B in revenue by 2027). Even high-ranking employees at Google and Apple have left to start cannabis startups.

What a time to be alive!

Thoughts?
Yeah, great

Medical pot is now approved for sleep apnea.
Most sleep apnea is caused by being overweight aka fat.
And if you smoke(how ironic)
And by sinus problems.

Oh boy, just another avenue for pot lovers and people addicted to get dope paid by taxpayers

To get rid of sleep apnea loose weight, exercise, see a ENT doctor and stop smoking.

Just another dumb reason and argument to approve something legal for dope lovers and wanters.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:45 AM

Quote:
There isn't a whole lot of difference between the strains here in the US either besides taste. They are all mostly the same potency and effect. Of course some are better than others, but with the amount of different strains you'd expect there to be a wider margin of differences.
That is absolutely false. There is a HUGE difference in strains. But I don't buy dispensary cannabis. I grow my own, from seeds obtained from all over the world.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:45 AM

5,659 posts, read 2,704,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
If cannabis is found to provide effective pain relief it'll definitely become a bigger market. The aging boomers are moving into their prime health crisis years and anything that helps will be welcome
The aging boomers are tuff and strong both physically and mentally.
Most donít need a substance to deal with aging.
That would be some millenilas who do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or