U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2017, 02:03 PM

20,970 posts, read 11,615,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Republicans are now the party of due process and innocent until proven guilty

Democrats are now the party of burning at the stake and mob rule
And apparently Republicans are now the party of not knowing the difference between a criminal indictment and trial, and the privilege of sitting in the United States Congress, as well as the fact that character flaws to this degree should be disqualifying from that privilege.

But we already knew that they had no idea about the latter, given the liar and ********* they put into the White House.

Old 12-07-2017, 02:03 PM

7,947 posts, read 7,873,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
and yet you are perfectly fine with GOP sexual predators continuing to hold or getting elected to office?

Gropey Old Perverts party!!
I am not fine with any cheating scum philandering predators, GOP or otherwise. If it can be proved, they should be gone, including Trump. But Trump is the topic for another day. The cherubic gargoyle Franken is today's Section 8. Let's just enjoy that, life is short and pleasures like this don't come along that often.

If we learn that Pocohantas molested a 17 year old? Okay that would be better than today. But today's pretty good.

Old 12-07-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Republicans are now the party of due process and innocent until proven guilty

Democrats are now the party of burning at the stake and mob rule
And apparently Republicans are now the party of not knowing the difference between a criminal indictment and trial, and the privilege of sitting in the United States Congress, as well as the fact that character flaws to this degree should be disqualifying from that privilege.

But we already knew that they had no idea about the latter, given the sexual molester, liar and fraud-monger they put into the White House.

Old 12-07-2017, 02:08 PM

66,146 posts, read 33,571,533 times
Quote:

But we already knew that they had no idea about the latter, given the sexual molester, liar and fraud-monger they put into the White House.

Calling themselves progressive is another 180 of reality for the Democrats. This time they are trying to regress all the way back to 1624, Salem Massachusetts.

You better have proof before accusing me of that crap, or you are going to get sued for defamation. And if it is published, sued them for libel.

Old 12-07-2017, 02:08 PM

7,560 posts, read 2,201,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Franken did what a man does. Own up to his mistakes and not take the coward's way out.
huh? I guess we'll have to disagree with what a man does.

Franken;

denied the majority of the allegations against him

showed no remorse, offered no apology

offers the "well the other guy did it too" juvenile excuse you hear from 10 year olds

didn't resign from office as expected.

Old 12-07-2017, 02:09 PM

8,059 posts, read 4,395,330 times
After over a year? Still hurts to lose.
Quote:

Old 12-07-2017, 02:15 PM

11,483 posts, read 3,137,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
That's not the same as calling someone a liar
Yes, it is.

Saying some of the accusations against him are untrue is most certainly calling those particular accusers liars.

Quote:
which is what the poster I was replying to was saying Al called his accusers. What he actually said means there's a difference in perception of what happened
Re the bolded.....Wrong.

You heard only what you wanted to hear.

He said BOTH.

Here is exactly what he said:

"Some of the allegations against me are simply not true.

Others, I remember very differently"

Old 12-07-2017, 02:18 PM

2,670 posts, read 894,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Poor Al got thrown under the bus by his own party, knowing very well another Democrat would take his place. If it was a possible Republican replacing him, they wouldn't have sacrificed him. Definitely a political move rather than morality.

I wish he showed remorse towards the women in his speech, but he basically denied the allegations. He also threw in "well they did it, too" (referring Trump/Moore) I thought that was childish.

As a Conservative, I didnt think he should have resigned, but oh well, cya later, AL
You are correct. I do believe that all these men in politics, entertainment, media, etc. who have been brought down with sexual harassment are all going to be replaced by:

a) non-straight
b) non-male
c) non-white
d) all of the above

I really don't give a damn though because it's basically happening to the lib dem party. The entertainment and media industry is very lib dem leaning so I don't give a damn about them either. I'm just sitting back and enjoying the show.

Old 12-07-2017, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
You are correct. I do believe that all these men in politics, entertainment, media, etc. who have been brought down with sexual harassment are all going to be replaced by:

a) non-straight
b) non-male
c) non-white
d) all of the above

I really don't give a damn though because it's basically happening to the lib dem party. The entertainment and media industry is very lib dem leaning so I don't give a damn about them either. I'm just sitting back and enjoying the show.
Nope, just non-molesting and harassing. Not taking out an uninvited penis to wave around is good too

it's really not all that difficult

Old 12-07-2017, 02:21 PM

15,712 posts, read 9,207,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Franken did what a man does. Own up to his mistakes and not take the coward's way out.
Uh huh. Not because he was pressured from him party, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies