U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 05:47 PM

4,709 posts, read 2,549,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
And I don't think he will resign. I think this is all for show, to provide a "distinction" between how the political parties are reacting to accusations with the purpose of helping Roy Moore's opponent. But, if Roy Moore wins as is expected, I think Franken will rescind his resignation cry and will vow to stay on so that he can fight people like Roy Moore
I sincerely hope that if Roy Moore wins, Al Franken will rescind his resignation. In Senate hearings, Franken has shown himself to be unafraid to speak up against the evil nasties in power, and I don't know if someone who replaces him will be as outspoken and smart.

Trump has just shown (yet again) what a disgusting, chauvinistic pig he is to have thrown his support to Roy-pig-Moore, another "gotta-have-em-much-younger" old fart like Trump, so Democrats need every intelligent and persistent inquisitor available to challenge the specific Republicans who have shown themselves not to have a spine.

Any politician, Republican or Democrat, who does not stand up to Trump's crazy agenda and who does not initiate an investigation into him, deserves to be ousted from office.

Old 12-10-2017, 05:57 PM

4,688 posts, read 2,319,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
FYI, this is a thread about Al Franken, not Roger Moore!
FYI, this thread is about Al Franken (and ROY Moore and IQ45 are relevant to this discussion), NOT 007!

Old 12-10-2017, 06:03 PM

4,688 posts, read 2,319,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
We are definitely living in backwards bizarro world. Larry Craig stayed out his term in the Senate after being arrested for public sex in a mens room - I think it took a year or more for the GOP Nevada Senator who was boffing his best friends wife and throwing around money so everyone would stay quiet - to resign.

Now we have a POTUS who openly admits he assaults women. Yet he is not held to ANY standard and, according to many, is a deeply devout and spiritual man who God sent to lead us out of the wilderness.

The problem with such things is that they bite both ways - and yet they don't seem to. There was no blowback from Bush v. Gore or the Ohio fix in 2004. No blowback from all the GOP hijinks from diapers to standing for nothing. Not even a peep when their ONE real issue (the 20 Trillion) is completely forgotten...and, in fact, added to. Not a peep...

This is why it's very hard to believe that most "conservatives" are anything except authoritarians (authoritarians follow blindly no matter what). If the Fed. Debt was going to kill us instantly before...but now we have to enlarge it to give tax cuts to billionaires? No logic or reason can follow that.

Given the body count, I don't think anyone can claim the GOP is the moral party. I mean - wanting your office workers to get preggy for 5 million, doing the Mens rooms and so much more. I think we can call it even in terms of the sleaze factor of pols of all stripes.

So it leaves a normal person scratching their head except for one thing - the 32% who approve of Trump are very close to the number who approved of GW after the Great Recession, Wars, Divisions, debt, etc.

Sure, those Nazis and KKK and militia - they are just a tiny (1 to 5%) around the edges.

I know one person who has turned into a conservative. I say this because he was non-political except he did burn his draft card...and was always into whatever conspiracy came down the pike. Fox News is, IMHO, what threw him over the edge. Here are the things he believes...with all his heart......

1. PizzaGate was, of course, real.
2. There is a 0% chance that the USA ever got to the moon.
3. We likely come from alien seeds - and such is confirmed in the Bible.
4. Every word of the Bible is literally true (he's not Christian) including the aliens fornicating with early humans.
5. Obama is, of course, a Muslim and all that stuff....
6. Women are vastly inferior as are Muslims and most other people.
7. The world is run by the Masons, who are largely a sex based and pedo cult (which is why there is so much of that stuff in the government, church, etc.). But they also have always possessed magic and knowledge beyond our reach.

I could go on but you get the idea.
Now - if you listen to him, you will agree that a lot of the facts he lays out cannot be disputed. Whether his riffs are 50% true or 70% true, there is truth in them.

So where does that leave us? I think most sane people know this whole "he came on to me" thing is a witch hunt. I also think most people know, in their hearts, that the Russians have more to do than they should with our country.

I'm not sure there ever was a "plot" in conservatism, but one of my theories seems to hold water. This is - that you make things so bad...by stealing, behavior, election of idiots, wasting of money, starting and never-ending of wars and other stuff....so much that it can't be fought against or integrated (most people have other things to do, mind you)....and then, when you are finished ruining government, you announce to the populace that we have a horrible government and it doesn't work and that's why you should elect The devil to give it a try - after all, what do you have to lose?

To make that point shorter, I sincerely think that most of the GOP doesn't care about anything except money and power...and if that is the case, the more chaos that can be created....it benefits your "side". After all, anyone who has ever done both (I have) knows that it is much harder to build things than to demolish them.

So are conservatives simply the wrecking crew? Do they think that if you destroy everything, that somehow a better thing will automatically appear in it's place?

I think liberals and moderates are the true conservatives because they both believe in building upon what you already have. Remodeling instead of demolition.
Bravo!

Old 12-10-2017, 06:16 PM

7,868 posts, read 2,290,893 times
After criticizing Moore for months now liberals have finally decided what Al Franken has done is ok... that's character folks.....

Old 12-10-2017, 10:11 PM

79,215 posts, read 33,616,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
I sincerely hope that if Roy Moore wins, Al Franken will rescind his resignation. In Senate hearings, Franken has shown himself to be unafraid to speak up against the evil nasties in power, and I don't know if someone who replaces him will be as outspoken and smart.

Trump has just shown (yet again) what a disgusting, chauvinistic pig he is to have thrown his support to Roy-pig-Moore, another "gotta-have-em-much-younger" old fart like Trump, so Democrats need every intelligent and persistent inquisitor available to challenge the specific Republicans who have shown themselves not to have a spine.

Any politician, Republican or Democrat, who does not stand up to Trump's crazy agenda and who does not initiate an investigation into him, deserves to be ousted from office.
Doing the right thing isn't dependant on others doing it first.

Old 12-11-2017, 12:40 AM

5,225 posts, read 2,086,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Ah, so you also believe that since Trump has been caught in outright 100% lies 100's of times, that there is not a single thing he says or does that is not bogus?

Or is this something you made up and apply to select individuals?

Old 12-11-2017, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Apparently so. The Democrats are the party of abusing women.
Oh, please...... Lol..

Sure, they would never be those from the gun-toting, hateful, hostile, womanizing, R W "Family Values" bunch.

Old 12-11-2017, 05:49 AM

9,530 posts, read 4,872,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
I guess the theory is since she could not consent it was an attempted rape. Going by statue alone makes the moral case trickier.
I guess the theory is that claiming Moore is accused of rape is to cast the allegations against him in the worst possible way. Rape and pedophile. Two words that inspire maximum despicability. Neither applies unless there are accusers I haven't heard about.

Old 12-11-2017, 06:24 AM

6,589 posts, read 3,641,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I guess the theory is that claiming Moore is accused of rape is to cast the allegations against him in the worst possible way. Rape and pedophile. Two words that inspire maximum despicability. Neither applies unless there are accusers I haven't heard about.

That is not a theory, that is political science fact.

Old 12-11-2017, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
people here condemning Moore while Al Franken assaulted 7 women and you don't hear a peep about it from them ...lol
No.... there were those who claimed he "touched a body part", when he had his arm around them for a photo. That is hardly an assault and I can imagine that he didn't know in these cases that he was pressing on a boob or rear, while hugging. I think things can be misperceived depending upon a person and as I have said, WHY would anyone pose for a photo left on a fan's camera, of his touching them inappropriately?

I am not meaning the first woman, who he posed over, faking a grope, which was in poor taste for he and the photographer. Then there is the question of kissing her and the most recent accuser, without their consent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies