Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2017, 09:44 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,727,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Al Franken, go away and shut your hole.

You're a creepy idiot, you're not funny, you look like a dork, your mom dresses you funny and you're not gonna pull anybody down with you.

Oh, and Democrats, no, you don't get to claim the moral high ground here. You did not push your "icons" off the cliff until they'd already been tumbling towards the ground.

So go to your media and scream your heads off until the next debacle.
"Grab em by the *****!"

Old 12-09-2017, 09:51 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,727,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBall View Post
Nope, no apology whatsoever.
He said...some allegations are not true and some I remember differently
No apologies at all
FYI, this is a thread about Al Franken, not Roger Moore!

Old 12-09-2017, 10:06 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,432,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
You know who will be squirming after the AL senate election?
Why, yes.

Yes I do.
Quote:
A little hint for you: It won't be Moore or Trump.
Don't kid yourself.

The hubbub over Moore will shift to a back burner and remain on simmer.

Meanwhile, tRump's predicament will come to a full boil.

And after tRump is gone, Moore will still be in the senate, with his stench permeating the entire GOP.

It's all so entertaining.

Old 12-09-2017, 10:13 AM

51,599 posts, read 25,617,156 times
Wonder what Franken will do next?

Make the rounds of talk shows?

Write a book?

His inside knowledge of how Congress works could make for some wicked comedy.

Old 12-09-2017, 10:13 AM

5,946 posts, read 5,094,340 times
^^^^^^^ Very strange idea of entertainment.

Old 12-09-2017, 10:38 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,432,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Wonder what Franken will do next?

Make the rounds of talk shows?

Write a book?

His inside knowledge of how Congress works could make for some wicked comedy.
I'm sure he would be welcome on many political roundtables to share his knowledge.

Old 12-09-2017, 10:42 AM

51,599 posts, read 25,617,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I'm sure he would be welcome on many political roundtables to share his knowledge.
I suspect so.

I wish they'd have him on with Scaramucci. Not that would be worth watching.

Old 12-09-2017, 11:17 AM

79,907 posts, read 43,992,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
^^^^^^^ He did apologize the first time he addressed the public re his his accusation.

I think a one time apology should be sufficient. Too bad some people did not hear it.

Don't some of us just want people to grovel. Sickening.
He did and if you go back and look, I commended him for his apology. Now it looks like he simply apologized because he felt he would never actually be held accountable for his actions.

Old 12-09-2017, 11:28 AM

12,910 posts, read 13,593,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
The bigger problem for left is that the Commie News Network and their co-conspirators do not do their due diligence when it comes to vetting their democratic candidates BEFORE an ELECTION. That ends up backfiring on dems AFTER the ELECTION when information and accusations of bad behavior become PUBLIC. The repubs don't have that problem, at least not when it comes to elections getting NATIONAL ATTENTION because the Commie News Network and their co-conspirators make sure to do their opp research combined with 24/7 negative coverage. If that's not working, then they up their game with fake news hit pieces on republican candidates. But that backfires too as the mainstream media loses credibility, and voters start to doubt EVERYTHING reported, even the stories with slivers of truth. Nothing can be believed any Moore, and people lose trust in institutions at all levels.
All moot points, the Dems have drawn a line in the sand as of this date. No more what about clinton either. I know women democrats who thinks Franken shouldn't resign but the leadership in the party has decided to draw a line of morality in the sand. That's something Republicans don't have the luxury of, a leader who can stand for morality and they will be further away come the day when Moore is elected.

Old 12-09-2017, 11:43 AM

12,313 posts, read 8,045,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
All moot points, the Dems have drawn a line in the sand as of this date. No more what about clinton either. I know women democrats who thinks Franken shouldn't resign but the leadership in the party has decided to draw a line of morality in the sand. That's something Republicans don't have the luxury of, a leader who can stand for morality and they will be further away come the day when Moore is elected.
Exactly, now that Reverend Falwell has been away for a while the New Moral Majority of New Salem will demonize any male who pushed the sexual situation into what has retroactively been declared incorrect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies