U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 03:09 PM

7,614 posts, read 2,223,378 times

Advertisements

lets hope President Trump is ok. We sure didn't need someone this unhealthy.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2017, 03:11 PM

10,366 posts, read 8,374,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
I have been saying for a long time Trump might do one year and get out. Health issue provides a great exit for Trump. Trump could jump before he is pushed. It gives the party a clean exit , it puts Pence in charge and it provides some cover for the Rs come 2018.

There is not much more Trump can do. Judges and taxes are about done, Repeal and Replace is not happening. Trump should jump and leave on his own terms. A real or fake Health issue provides a way out where Trump does not have to admit guilt.

i maintain Trump's best path forward is getting out of the oval office before he is asked, not after. He could pardon pence and if the DOJ comes after Trump later pence could pardon Trump...
I don't always agree with you - in fact, I frequently disagree - but I think you are correct about this. I'm not sure the pardons you describe would work out quite that way - too much public outrage - but I do think a health concern, real or feigned, would give Trump the excuse he needs to resign, then play golf and enjoy super-burgers, steaks and double-scoops to his heart's delight.

Well, maybe not his heart's delight...

Last edited by CraigCreek; 12-07-2017 at 03:24 PM..

Old 12-07-2017, 03:13 PM

10,366 posts, read 8,374,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
lets hope President Trump is ok. We sure didn't need someone this unhealthy.

Deflect much?

Old 12-07-2017, 03:13 PM

17,447 posts, read 23,894,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
I have been saying for a long time Trump might do one year and get out. Health issue provides a great exit for Trump. Trump could jump before he is pushed. It gives the party a clean exit , it puts Pence in charge and it provides some cover for the Rs come 2018.

There is not much more Trump can do. Judges and taxes are about done, Repeal and Replace is not happening. Trump should jump and leave on his own terms. A real or fake Health issue provides a way out where Trump does not have to admit guilt.

i maintain Trump's best path forward is getting out of the oval office before he is asked, not after. He could pardon pence and if the DOJ comes after Trump later pence could pardon Trump...
If Trump does not finish his term it is far more likely he would leave for health reasons than be impeached.

Old 12-07-2017, 03:15 PM

20,327 posts, read 10,409,885 times
Will they be flying in Dr Googly eyes for the exam?

Old 12-07-2017, 03:16 PM

4,508 posts, read 2,111,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
About time. He looks unhealthy and acts unhinged. Clearly, something is off. Now we can come to some closure given that his administration doesn't attempt conceal the medical report from the public.

White House: Trump to have physical exam early next year | TheHill
Hon...Presidents have yearly medical exams.

And you needed to start a goofy thread about it?

Damn. It's worse than I thought.

Old 12-07-2017, 03:16 PM

144 posts, read 63,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Trump's medical records are as secretive as his tax records.

If he released both he'd reduce a lot of the animosity towards him.
More likely, we'd have him euthanized. 26th amendment anyone? Time to end this amazing stain on our country.

Old 12-07-2017, 03:21 PM

15,663 posts, read 8,768,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Want to bet the full results arent released?

Remember when Trump said he would release his taxes after he got elected? Heck he even promised at one point to release them if he ran for office:
The many times Donald Trump said he'd release his tax returns - NY Daily News

I seriously doubt he will release his medical evaluation, because honestly the way he eats, and his weight? There are going to be issues, and even if they were minor he would not want people to know.
He will release the evaluation with his tax returns.

Old 12-07-2017, 03:30 PM

9,898 posts, read 3,255,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
I don't always agree with you - in fact, I frequently disagree - but I think you are correct about this. I'm not sure the pardons you describe would work out quite that way - too much public outrage - but I do think a health concern, real or feigned, would give Trump the excuse he needs to resign, then play golf and enjoy super-burgers, steaks and double-scoops to his heart's delight.

Well, maybe not his heart's delight...
i don't really think the pardon would work either, but it might be something they would consider. and thought is was worth saying because it might even be sold to trump that way by his staff. I am thinking everyone wants to find a way out of this.

The whole israel thing puts trump's blunders on a whole new level. I am thinking a lot of Rs Ds and Americans just want a real potus again. someone who does not tweet all day and does not act out.

Old 12-07-2017, 03:31 PM

21,038 posts, read 11,669,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Want to bet the full results arent released?

Remember when Trump said he would release his taxes after he got elected? Heck he even promised at one point to release them if he ran for office:
The many times Donald Trump said he'd release his tax returns - NY Daily News

I seriously doubt he will release his medical evaluation, because honestly the way he eats, and his weight? There are going to be issues, and even if they were minor he would not want people to know.
I agree, this isn't his tame pet doctor who is going to be willing to lie for him. I would be very surprised if the records are ever released.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or