Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 12:15 AM

1,743 posts, read 986,722 times

Advertisements

The wheels are coming off!

Quote:
The judge who took a guilty plea from President Trump's former national security adviser Michael Flynn last week has recused himself ahead of a sentencing hearing.

A court spokeswoman confirmed to Politico and other outlets that the case was reassigned after Judge Rudolph Contreras, an appointee of former President Barack Obama, recused himself.

Judge Emmet Sullivan, an appointee of former President Bill Clinton, was randomly selected to take his place in the case.

The switch comes after Flynn pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russians in the month before Trump took office.

Flynn's guilty plea is the most dramatic development yet in special counsel Robert Mueller's probe into Trump campaign associates' ties to Russia.

I am seeing a lot of speculation on why this Judge is stepping down.

One is that there are public reports that Mueller and company hid exculpatory evidence from Flynn prior to the plea.

This obligates the Judge to report Mueller and company for possible bar violation or even illegal conduct.

So the Judge is getting the heck out now.
(I don't know if this is true and I haven't looked for these 'reports')

The other 'theory' is tied to the screen capture below.
(I'll let you guess on that one!)

Judge in Flynn case recuses himself | TheHill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2017, 12:36 AM

34,301 posts, read 15,578,173 times
Drip, drip, drip.........................

The cover-up is causing a panic. The cockroaches shuffle foot panic.

Can the left say fruit of the poisonous tree ? All go free and the investigators go to jail.

Old 12-08-2017, 12:40 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,719,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Drip, drip, drip.........................

The cover-up is causing a panic. The cockroaches shuffle foot panic.

Can the left say fruit of the poisonous tree ? All go free and the investigators go to jail.
sound about right.

Old 12-08-2017, 12:48 AM

472 posts, read 321,156 times
The FBI is a corrupt deep state organization. They were exposed when they predictably let Hillary (the chosen one) off the hook. The whole Trump investigation is a fishing expedition searching for process crimes unrelated to the original phony cover story of searching for collusion. BTW how can you 'obstruct' a witch hunt?

BTW I was also against the witch hunt of Bill Clinton for having consensual sex with Monica Lewinski, a legal adult.

Old 12-08-2017, 12:54 AM

34,301 posts, read 15,578,173 times
They shopped for a judge and found one with a conflict of interest. Morons !!! Recuses after its discovered.

Flynn might go free still.

Old 12-08-2017, 01:34 AM

38,619 posts, read 26,288,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
The wheels are coming off!

I am seeing a lot of speculation on why this Judge is stepping down.

One is that there are public reports that Mueller and company hid exculpatory evidence from Flynn prior to the plea.

This obligates the Judge to report Mueller and company for possible bar violation or even illegal conduct.

So the Judge is getting the heck out now.
(I don't know if this is true and I haven't looked for these 'reports')

The other 'theory' is tied to the screen capture below.
(I'll let you guess on that one!)

Judge in Flynn case recuses himself | TheHill

If this judge is conflicted for sentencing, then he shouldn't have presided over the plea.

Anyone else notice a pattern of highly conflicted individuals being placed in key positions within these investigations?

The conflicted include: Andrew McCabe, James Comey, Robert Mueller, Rod Rosenstein, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, Andrew Weissmann and who know who else since the FBI refuses to cooperate with Congress and has released some of the most important facts about swamp involvement in the investigation only after being sued.

Old 12-08-2017, 01:39 AM

24,487 posts, read 33,205,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingBoat View Post
The FBI is a corrupt deep state organization. They were exposed when they predictably let Hillary (the chosen one) off the hook. The whole Trump investigation is a fishing expedition searching for process crimes unrelated to the original phony cover story of searching for collusion. BTW how can you 'obstruct' a witch hunt?
Good point.

Quote:
BTW I was also against the witch hunt of Bill Clinton for having consensual sex with Monica Lewinski, a legal adult.
But he lied under oath (perjury), obstructed justice and engaged in witness tampering.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:12 AM

30,681 posts, read 21,825,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingBoat View Post
The FBI is a corrupt deep state organization. They were exposed when they predictably let Hillary (the chosen one) off the hook. The whole Trump investigation is on a fishing expedition searching for process crimes unrelated to the original phony cover story of searching for collusion. BTW how can you 'obstruct' a witch hunt?
Would not have believed it a year ago, but after Hillary's shennagins at the DNC, smashing her hard drives, her getting 145 million from the Russians, and getting away with it under the Obama Administration, you know the FBI os headed by political insiders.

Old 12-08-2017, 02:21 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,620,435 times
The judge recused himself for not having to deal with Judicial Watch and others finding out more about the judge JMO!

Might be a little too late for that. I believe Flynn has a good chance on appeal.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:33 PM

1,743 posts, read 986,722 times
Yesterday I said that I couldn't confirm any of the 'theories' surrounding this Judge's recusal.

Today, I am almost certain that this was the Judge who granted the FISA warrant after another FISA Judge refused to grant it!

This is an excellent article on the subject that has me leaning toward collusion between the 'Justice Department' and this Judge.

THE BIG UGLY – Why U.S. District Court Judge Rudolph Contreras Recusal From Mike Flynn Case is a Big Deal…

Quote:
Last night news broke that U.S. District Court Judge Rudolph Contreras “has been recused” from the case overseeing the prosecution of General Mike Flynn. Details are vague. According to Reuters, both the judge and the Flynn legal team have yet to comment.

Additionally, there is no concrete answer as to whether the recusal was done by the judge himself or was forced upon him. While the reasoning is the key, the difference between the two options adds another layer of consequence within the rest of this outline.
https://theconservativetreehouse.com...is-a-big-deal/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies