Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 10:29 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,762,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
He flirted with a woman, and then the woman told reporters, "I froze. I was terrified." That's all it takes these days.
It all depends on how creepy and sleazy the perp is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2017, 10:34 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,638,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Trent Franks? Oh please. WHY is it that so many of these Christian impersonators with their religion on their sleeves are so rotten inside?

He could have done a Trump or a Roy Moore but he chose to quit quickly. That tells me he doesn’t want to stick around because there’s MORE stuff that could come out.

It’s confirmed. He’s quitting.

Good riddance to a POS.
You hate Christians. Got it !!!

So nothing more will come out about Trump or Moore because they aren't quitters according to your logic.

The voters have decided on Trump and soon they will decide on Moore and that is fine. Right ? Your logic.

That's good to know you have accepted Trump is your president and now you can buy the hat.

Old 12-08-2017, 04:11 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,801,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Nice to see at least one political party get in front of a scandal and deal with it proactively. Kudos to Paul Ryan and the GOP.
Yes, congrats to the GOP, the party of child molesters and pu $$ y grabbers!

Old 12-08-2017, 04:50 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,244,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trent Franks, a tea partier and religious zealot is said to be resigning today over emerging sexual assault allegations. Franks was a front runner in the Bannon slate to replace Jeff Flake. Good riddance with this one, though we will have to see who replaces him.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/report...riate-behavior
OK, one more member drained from the swamp - this time a right winger.

Let's keep it going.

Old 12-08-2017, 05:56 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,582,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
expect plenty of whining and crying from the Right...

it looks red to me so it is not like the Rs will lose the seat in 2018, but i don't know much about AZ politics so maybe a local would chime in...
Cook says Arizona 2 is R+1. History looks more than R+1 to me but it is what it is.

Old 12-08-2017, 06:18 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,193,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Cook says Arizona 2 is R+1. History looks more than R+1 to me but it is what it is.
Trent's district is the northwest Phoenix metro area and includes the Sun Cities of Arizona - thousands upon thousands of reliable R votes. In the past decade or so there has been a great deal of growth in the area with affluent suburbs going up everywhere. Those too are typically R. The latter are probably not Trump's base, but fiscal conservatives more along the lines of Jeff Flake. Given a choice between an unknown Dem (always branded as a tax and spend liberal) and Franks, Franks won by large margins in spite of some of his rather out there beliefs. I don't see that changing unless a Bannon-type candidate is nominated with the reliable retiree vote in the primary. That might flip the district temporarily.

Old 12-08-2017, 06:46 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,307,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Of course not, but was that what Trent Franks was doing? I doubt it. A pattern of inappropriate comments needs to be addressed and possibly reprimanded if the pattern continues, but firing someone or forcing him to resign seems like overkill to me.

By the way, since I'm not sexually attracted to women, the odds of me making advances on every woman that catches my eye are slim to none.
If all he was actually doing was asking a couple of women at the office to have a baby for him and his wife, he wouldn't be resigning. No woman I know would be offended by an earnest longing by a couple to have a baby. He was afraid of something else coming out if he didn't resign. The story doesn't pass the smell test.

Old 12-08-2017, 07:10 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,188,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
If all he was actually doing was asking a couple of women at the office to have a baby for him and his wife, he wouldn't be resigning. No woman I know would be offended by an earnest longing by a couple to have a baby. He was afraid of something else coming out if he didn't resign. The story doesn't pass the smell test.
All we had so far was his own statement, which of course is self serving. New info coming out this morning that he also retaliated against women - the details on that aren't out yet but did he retaliate because they complained, or maybe even when they refused to have a baby for him?

Old 12-08-2017, 07:21 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,517,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Arizona’s Trent Franks Expected to Resign

Given that he's not following the standard GOP response of deny, deny, deny, he must know there are some very serious and solid charges out there.

Looks like the Franken and Conyers resignations may be bearing fruit across the aisle after all.
If they have solid evidence there is no denying it.

So, Conyers was busted and negotiated a "buyout" (he was 88 anyway), Franken with much less serious offenses than the others attempted the "mea culpa" and Franks must be absolutely nailed with texts or sexting etc. and is probably trying to save himself the public flogging.

Moore has the angle of a lot of time having passed and nothing truly damning like he sent a "dick pic" etc. although most of us suspect he's guilty he may have calmed down as he got older and so there isn't anything "fresh" to really seal that coffin (yet?).

P.S. I chuckled at your "standard GOP reponse" as I'm old enough to remember a former president lying under oath trying to "deny deny deny". The standard POLITICIAN response is ALWAYS deny deny deny....unless they can't. The idea that they're more moral and forthcoming etc. because they're from the party you support is always a fallacy.

Old 12-08-2017, 07:24 AM

15,625 posts, read 10,378,651 times
It is worth noting that paul ryan didn't wait for 7 accusers to dribble out in the press and two weeks after learning of the sexual harrassment revelations to tell franks to resign. ryan asked immediately for franks to resign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies