Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 07:22 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,922,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Why don't you explain to everyone here how trump became a racist AFTER he became president.
I love the racist comment. Bannon has to be black in order to understand what a black entrepreneur goes through. As if black entrepreneur have it tougher because of racism. Quit playing the victim card.
Personally, wish some folks would quit playing the sophistry card, it's not helpful.

Old 12-14-2017, 08:54 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,859,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Personally, wish some folks would quit playing the sophistry card, it's not helpful.
Personally, I wish some folks would quit deflecting because they don't have the intelligence to discuss the issue. As if someone or a business is different and therefore has special needs that are hard to understand because of the color of ones skin.

Old 12-14-2017, 09:08 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,922,871 times
Quote:
Personally, I wish some folks would quit deflecting because they don't have the intelligence to discuss the issue. As if someone or a business is different and therefore has special needs that are hard to understand because of the color of ones skin.
Sophistry:
  • the use of fallacious arguments, especially with the intention of deceiving.
  • a fallacious argument.
  • synonyms: specious reasoning, fallacy, sophism, casuistry

residinghere2007 said it all right here, particularly the underlined. Maybe you should get a clue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Sigh....all of you white conservatives need to stop believing that one photo op with Jesse Jackson is anything to brag about.

Also Jesse Jackson is not a leader of all black people, nor is any one particular black person or group a leader of all black people. He is not well liked by most black people today and neither is the Rainbow Coalition.

You thinking this is not the case is also a reason why I don't really consider the stuff people like you say. You believing that "black leaders praise" Trump is like me saying that George Soros is the "white leader" and since he "praises Black Lives Matter" then all white people praise black lives matter and you should all shut up with your disagreement about that organization.

I have not shared any stereotypes of white people . All I said was that Bannon and people like him ignore the fact that racism and racial bias are at play in the everyday lives of black Americans today. Please note the election last night as well and the Bannon backed Moore. The black voters in Alabama turned out heavily to ensure that that racist wouldn't get into office. We've had enough of racism. Time to move on and keep trekking forward. I'm glad that sane, normal, nice, decent white people have moved beyond overt racism in both parties and I'd like to keep it that way and stop the backtracking that is occurring in regards to you all praising Trump and Moore and people like them. That is why racism and racial bias is a political issue to me and to black America and it is why many of us see through the ignoring of that fact when it comes to discussions about business, free markets, and access to capital. Racism is in politics and it is in business. It is stupid to ignore this fact and it is stupid for me to consider anyone's POV who ignore this fact.

Old 12-14-2017, 09:10 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
Quote:
Why don't you explain to everyone here how trump became a racist AFTER he became president.
I love the racist comment. Bannon has to be black in order to understand what a black entrepreneur goes through. As if black entrepreneur have it tougher because of racism. Quit playing the victim card.
Sigh...Trump has always been a racist IMO. I know of his history. Most of you who voted for him and support him IMO only do because he is a celebrity. I worked in housing and knew about him before he got on the Apprentice. He has a history of housing discrimination going back to the 1970s against black people in NYC. He also played into the frenzy in the 1980s of demonizing the black accused rapist of the Central Park jogger and still hasn't admitted that those teens/now men were/are innocent after they were proved innocent after spending (some of them) a decade or more in prison for something they didn't do. He put a huge ad in the newspaper in NYC which contributed to those teens being put in prison because he, and others (including the Clintons BTW) buy into the idea that all young black men are super predatory criminals who deserve punishment without even establishing without a doubt that they did whatever crime they are accused of.

FYI - housing discrimination didn't decrease to any great degree for black Americans until the 1980s and Trump and his company were participants in said discrimination. Just because you don't know about his racism in the past doesn't mean the rest of us don't.

Old 12-15-2017, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Sophistry:
  • the use of fallacious arguments, especially with the intention of deceiving.
  • a fallacious argument.
  • synonyms: specious reasoning, fallacy, sophism, casuistry

residinghere2007 said it all right here, particularly the underlined. Maybe you should get a clue?
There is racism against blacks in their everyday life is true if you mean Affirmative Action, then I'll agree. Or If you mean how the welfare state harms blacks moreso than other groups, I'll agree with that too. But that's a minority of blacks.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 12-15-2017 at 09:01 PM..

Old 12-15-2017, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Sigh...Trump has always been a racist IMO. I know of his history. Most of you who voted for him and support him IMO only do because he is a celebrity. I worked in housing and knew about him before he got on the Apprentice. He has a history of housing discrimination going back to the 1970s against black people in NYC.
That's garbage. Trump was not involved in any of that. Was it a business of his? Yes Was he involved in the day to day decisions? No
Why in the world do you think he has so much time on his hands that he manages every business with his name attached to it. There isn't that much time in the day.

Quote:
He also played into the frenzy in the 1980s of demonizing the black accused rapist of the Central Park jogger and still hasn't admitted that those teens/now men were/are innocent after they were proved innocent after spending (some of them) a decade or more in prison for something they didn't do. He put a huge ad in the newspaper in NYC which contributed to those teens being put in prison because he, and others (including the Clintons BTW) buy into the idea that all young black men are super predatory criminals who deserve punishment without even establishing without a doubt that they did whatever crime they are accused of.
I remember the comment from hillary about super predators but didn't think trump was involved in that. It was blown up to make it seem like she said all black teenagers were that way vs the lowlifes involved in a crime.
As far as putting people in prison, you think an ad does that? lol C'mon that's reaching even for you.

Quote:
FYI - housing discrimination didn't decrease to any great degree for black Americans until the 1980s and Trump and his company were participants in said discrimination. Just because you don't know about his racism in the past doesn't mean the rest of us don't.
Trump wasn't a participant in it and you have no proof. he wasn't personally charged. he wasn't found guilty and no one tesatified that trump ordered any discrimination.

Since trump is theracist you claim, go ahead and name any policy of trumps that's racist. I'll be waiting.

Old 12-15-2017, 09:22 PM

30,156 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Black Americans for a Better Future is a group of black Americans who are Republicans and seeking to bring more blacks into the Republican party.

They are not representative of a majority of black business leaders or entrepreneurs.

Also, contrary to what many people think on this forum, black Americans have diverse views when it comes to politics, social issues, and business/economics, so this group, which is focused on black republicans, it is not surprising they would invite Bannon to speak in order to get their organization more media attention so that they can have white conservative dollars being donated to them.
The left has been using blacks for decades just for votes with little real assistance. I guess its time for the right to do the same thing.

Old 12-16-2017, 12:12 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,112,709 times
Quote:
That's garbage. Trump was not involved in any of that. Was it a business of his? Yes Was he involved in the day to day decisions? No
Why in the world do you think he has so much time on his hands that he manages every business with his name attached to it. There isn't that much time in the day.

I remember the comment from hillary about super predators but didn't think trump was involved in that. It was blown up to make it seem like she said all black teenagers were that way vs the lowlifes involved in a crime.
As far as putting people in prison, you think an ad does that? lol C'mon that's reaching even for you.

Trump wasn't a participant in it and you have no proof. he wasn't personally charged. he wasn't found guilty and no one tesatified that trump ordered any discrimination.

Since trump is theracist you claim, go ahead and name any policy of trumps that's racist. I'll be waiting.
He was indeed personally charged, as was his father. They countersued. In the end, they and the government worked out a consent decree. FBI releases documents related to Trump apartment discrimination case | TheHill

https://www.politico.com/blogs/under...35067?cmpid=sf

Old 12-16-2017, 12:30 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,667,670 times
I wonder if this Bannon fella got a free feed? - salmon and caviar, and maybe a doggy bag to take home, full of cream cakes and stuff.

Old 12-16-2017, 12:42 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Quote:
Good idea. Why don't you start with yourself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies