U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2017, 07:54 AM

25,235 posts, read 13,999,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Great post. And, Iím 100% certain Moore will get elected.
And the DNC will be dancing in glee to have Moore to point to as an example of the type of people that represent the GOP, a racist child molester, they will end up gaining more than one seat in the Senate and House because of this, count on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2017, 07:54 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,538,004 times
Roy Moore feels that families were "united" during slavery times.... Yet black families were broken up every day as men, women, and children were sold as property.

How can any decent, kind person think Roy Moore is good for America?!

It's almost to the point now where anyone who still supports Roy Moore is just as much of a piece of trash as he is.

Old 12-08-2017, 07:56 AM

7,569 posts, read 2,206,401 times
Any update on Franken resigning?

Old 12-08-2017, 07:57 AM

14,993 posts, read 21,639,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
He was referring to a period in our history---not specifically about slavery. I missed the part where he was telling an African American about this.

Can't convince you, but most people don't wake up every morning and think about slavery. Growing up, I never had slaves, but it's still going on in East Africa and regions of the Middle East.

How about redirecting your anger toward something that's actually happening now, instead of harping about the White boogeyman.
How about focusing it right here on the good old US of A where a man like this is being supported by the GOP?

Of course most people don't wake up every morning thinking about slavery. The point, and concern, is people like Moore are being supported in this country. He is reminiscing about the good old days when blacks were slaves. That thought process is being validated by the American public.

The Republican party is disgusting me more and more each day. First they support trump and now more. They are putting party before country.

The message is very clear, white, conservative, child molesting, racists are a-okay in this country. We may have thought we have moved forward as a nation. It has become abundantly clear we have all been living in a bubble.

Old 12-08-2017, 07:59 AM

39,995 posts, read 24,253,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Obviously not all families are going to be united. Thats a far cry from twisting his word to say the last time America was great was when we had slavery. He did not say that.
He mentioned- even though we had slavery- but we dont know the context of that because we dont have the entire question(s) although I read he acknowledged that the country had a history of racial tensions and we dont have his entire quote.....
If you have the entire interview and complete quotes showing where he states "America was last great when we had slavery" then I will reverse my claim of fallacy.
How can a country that legally recognizes slavery be considered great?

21,718 posts, read 21,610,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Thing is his comment was incorrect even without the slavery comment, at that time the Nation was very divided, our government had stopped compromising, and the end result was a piece of History called the Civil War.
Brace yourself, because when people start defending people like Moore we have come full circle, and if we do not correct it then we will repeat History.
At what time. Did he say our country was great at a specific year(s) point in time? Did he say pre Civil War. If he did I missed it.
Saying when families were united, cared for each and were strong is subjective depending on ones age and view. From my viewpoint that would be about 20-30 years ago. Others would see it differently. I seriously doubt anyone, even Moore, would see it as pre Civil War era.

1,810 posts, read 3,601,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This is such a despicable comment there aren't enough words to condemn it properly. You should be ashamed.

Let me remind me of someone you admire: Bill Clinton. Whatever Roy Moore has done (and we don't know that any of the allegations are true) doesn't even come close to your hero, Bill Clinton. And now we have many more Democrats that have been exposed in recent weeks. You're Party is just disgusting. You cover for criminals and exonerate them before an investigation is complete, and you defend perverts in your own Party, while publicly smearing a Republican candidate who has been accused, probably falsely, for partisan reasons.
Quoted for content.This is a perfect example of "whataboutism". Change the narrative, deflect. How childish.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:01 AM

25,235 posts, read 13,999,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Any update on Franken resigning?
He has already announced it, when you getting board as you said you would?

Old 12-08-2017, 08:01 AM

21,718 posts, read 21,610,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
How can a country that legally recognizes slavery be considered great?
I guess their all ****e then because most all countries at one time or another practiced slavery.

My point is his quote was not the last time this country was great was when we had slavery.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:03 AM

4,784 posts, read 1,617,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Again.......is it not valid to point out that not all families were united? Some were intentionally broken up?
He may be wrong about that, but he's not wishing for slavery to return. That was my issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies