Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2017, 08:39 AM

12,956 posts, read 13,673,944 times

Advertisements

The days when a man owned his wife and her inheritance, children were chattels and expected to help with the family’s finances were not days when families were united. They were days when women, children, blacks and Indians were under the legal control of white men. Not surprising he has so much support from the usual suspects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2017, 08:39 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Would you post a link to the quotes in their entirety please.
Again, I dont like Moore and I'm not defending him but good grief dont twist and ad lib peoples words.
Not only are you editing a quote to fit your agenda of what you think he said even thought it was not what he said you are now projecting what you think he said to what you know certain people heard.
Do you think a Senate candidate in, say, Massachusetts, would have compared American's best days to when we had slavery? No. Why? Because he would know the voters of that state would reject that kind of statement out of hand. He'd never get elected.

Roy Moore had no such concerns when he spouted this crap. Why? Because he knows his voters, too, and knows they believe in the same things he believes in. You watch, they're going to elect him no matter what he says, does, or is revealed about his past. His fundamentalist religion and his good ole white boy attitude are positive attributes to Alabama voters.

It's not rocket science, 2mares. It's pretty simple to understand.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:48 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Roy Moore: Last Time America Was 'Great' Was During 'Slavery'

Answering a question asked of him by an African American. The GOP must be so proud.

I wonder if that's the time trump thinks of as America last being great was also. I've tried asking that question on this forum of trump voters - when was America last great? - but can never get a straight answer.
Of course they're proud. Roy more is a racist sex offender and they've all endorsed him. That tells you everything you need to know about the GOP.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:49 AM

20,104 posts, read 9,011,934 times
low IQ posters completely missed the message of what Moore stated.. lmao ....go figure

Old 12-08-2017, 08:51 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,960,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
low IQ posters completely missed the message of what Moore stated.. lmao ....go figure
No, everyone got it. The low IQ posters just choose to defend it.

36,519 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Do you think a Senate candidate in, say, Massachusetts, would have compared American's best days to when we had slavery? No. Why? Because he would know the voters of that state would reject that kind of statement out of hand. He'd never get elected.

Roy Moore had no such concerns when he spouted this crap. Why? Because he knows his voters, too, and knows they believe in the same things he believes in. You watch, they're going to elect him no matter what he says, does, or is revealed about his past. His fundamentalist religion and his good ole white boy attitude are positive attributes to Alabama voters.

It's not rocket science, 2mares. It's pretty simple to understand.
So do you have the entire quote?
Sorry, I dont project my emotions to peoples actual words. Im not convinced he was comparing Americas best days to slavery because he didnt actually say that in the quote. Now if there is a actually reference in the entire quote or I read the context or transcript of the interview so that I had the big picture I might think otherwise.

6,855 posts, read 2,844,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Yes you can make this stuff up and the OP did. The original quote said nothing of the sort. I guess the current sexual accusations aren't quite enough for liberals so they have to make up complete lies in hopes of winning. Sadly for you libs, the Dem running against him screwed up and put out a racist ad which people are upset about. That's why now we see this desperation and fake news.
Trying to pin what some jack*** on a web forum said on all liberals is as disingenuous as what the OP said.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:56 AM

5,301 posts, read 2,354,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
If that is what he was trying to say, he picked the wrong era. Did you even read what I said?
Nope. I just did now, and I guess I don't disagree. Not sure why he chose that period, but I'm always skeptical of the mind reader thing. "We know what he REALLY means by that."

Honestly, I never care about the threads about specific politicians or people. The reason I even clicked on this is because I suspected it was another frame attempt by a media outlet for clicks.

That, and I have a major problem with the constant character assassination as substitute for actual arguments. I see it a lot with libertarians that I follow very closely, who are great people, and some article will come out calling them a white supremacist or something. Makes me very skeptical of these pieces.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:58 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,646,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

Because that's what he is saying. Even though we had slavery, even though women were second-class citizens, even though we were decimating the Native Americans, we were great because families were united (whatever that means).
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares;50344085
Its not what he said. Its what what you want to hear.[/QUOTE

are you going to deny that DC's quote is NOT how it was in pre-Civil War America?

please pick up a history book and educate yourself!

Old 12-08-2017, 08:59 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,804,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Trying to pin what some jack*** on a web forum said on all liberals is as disingenuous as what the OP said.
What did I say that was disingenuous?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies