U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2017, 08:49 AM

14,969 posts, read 14,173,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Informedconsent should go back to talking about how the stock market is important becuase pension funds are invested in it. Somehow his bot like responses in threads about economics and tax policy make him seem more human than the horrific tripe he's posting in this thread.
And bot-like responses about law, which she (yes, IC is a she) knows nothing about yet thinks she should be the ultimate authority on, even above all the Supreme Court justices!

The irony is that she will read one SCOTUS case or one little bit of the Constitution and ignore everything else pointed out to her, ignoring that you have to consider more than one thing, but here she’s saying you can’t just look at that clip!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2017, 08:53 AM

14,969 posts, read 14,173,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Yep...which is why my earlier post mentioned that the prosecutor threw the case.
To be fair, there are many reasons why a prosecutor might want evidence suppressed, some that may not be so obvious.

But just based on what I see now, this prosecutor should be disbarred.

Old 12-09-2017, 08:56 AM

3,250 posts, read 1,294,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
To be fair, there are many reasons why a prosecutor might want evidence suppressed, some that may not be so obvious.

But just based on what I see now, this prosecutor should be disbarred.
Disbarred for what?? And what evidence was suppressed?

Old 12-09-2017, 08:58 AM

11,717 posts, read 9,341,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
No one is stopping you from protesting this killing. You and your friends are free to do so.
Nah, the point of that post was to bash Black folk for some reason. Even when we have nothing to do with the story some folks canít help themselves.

Old 12-09-2017, 08:59 AM

14,137 posts, read 11,571,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Yep.

All that mind you, and the kid was extremely drunk. He was in his hotel room drinking eith friends before the cops showed up.

It truly felt like that cop was looking for an excuse to shoot. Ut almost felt like he wanted to shoot.

Yes, he wanted to shoot. 5 rounds into someone who is down on their knees that he's been bombarding with screaming an threats of death who's drunk and pleading for his life. But these cops were in fear for their lives. By God , their going home at the end of the shift. Blue Lives Matter. Support our heroes.

Yea, "heroes." I give a lot more credit to firefighters and medics. Firefighters have couth, cops have clubs. And unfortunately they also have far to much firepower that they are just itching to the point of bleeding from the scratching to use. He put five rounds into the poor guy. He was a shredded heap when he hit the floor (which wasn't far since he was on his knees).

used to be a guy who respected cops. I've worked with cops in firearms training and I figured they have a tough job. Not so much anymore. Back when I felt that way cops had to have people skills. Had to resolve situations with tact and skill. Now they just go to their guns. This guy was on the floor , fingers laced on his head with his ankles crossed. The reason for that position is so the suspect can be approached and cuffed. Crawl towards him?! Huh? Oh, and don't make a mistake or your dead.

He told the guy they were going to shoot him no less than four times. The guy was scared out of his mind and intoxicated being told he was going to be shot dead if he made even the smallest mistake. I believe he knew in his gut he was going to get killed. Even drunk I'm sure he could feel the vibe. I have been down on how cops behave for a while now, and this sealed it for me.

I will NEVER trust any cop ever again. I have family in LE and I will see them as the enemy from here on out. Cops are not anyone's friend. They are fishing for a reason to either arrest you or shoot you. Even if you're the one who called them for help they'll be fishing. There's just no justifying this. It's a black eye on LE that won't be going away anytime soon. Not for me anyway.

Old 12-09-2017, 09:01 AM

77,900 posts, read 33,233,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If you don't see something very wrong with pointing a scoped firearm out a hotel window after the Las Vegas tragedy, you are sick.
You are very ignorant here. Read up on something before commenting on it.

Old 12-09-2017, 09:02 AM

10,931 posts, read 5,000,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Disbarred for what?? And what evidence was suppressed?
Don't have a comment on disbarment, but I think it would be strange that the video of the actual event that the defendant is being judged on would be withheld from the jury.

Old 12-09-2017, 09:03 AM

77,900 posts, read 33,233,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
BLACK LIVES MA-- wait, never mind.
When I argued in defense of BLM I often noted that this was not just a problem that affected blacks, it just affected them in larger percentages.

Old 12-09-2017, 09:05 AM

9,349 posts, read 5,537,058 times
It's bigger than BLM or any race issue.

Nobody is policing the police, and the good cops are scared to speak put against the bad ones.

We witnessed a murder in this video and yet that cop is probably at work this morning

Old 12-09-2017, 09:08 AM

66,239 posts, read 30,145,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Yep.

All that mind you, and the kid was extremely drunk. He was in his hotel room drinking eith friends before the cops showed up.
That's not why the cops showed up. You have to consider the entire chain of events. If the suspect hadn't been pointing a scoped firearm out the hotel window (after the Las Vegas tragedy, no less) and been reported by a witness, the cops never would have been there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or