Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2017, 01:17 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
May not have been clear, LOL.
How would that not be the jurors' perspective?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2017, 01:18 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Justified conviction. And I think the 20 year sentence is too short.

Bet you and many others weren't expecting that response, huh? That's because so many of you merely "emote" instead of thinking rationally.
So you got that one right. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:19 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,551,388 times
Quote:
Dude, just stop. You have numerous posts claiming that this happened after Vegas when it did not. That is fact.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:19 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,466,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
So what is next? A hunter taking his scoped rifle out of its case from his car to go hunting and someone calls the swat team? they show up and murder the guy?
Scary thought, but it's the new reality. Someone saw that young man through a window. He was handling a pellet gun. The peeper called the police. You know the rest of the story.

I cannot believe this has happened. I'm not anti-cop, but this isn't the first time I've questioned some deaths at their hands.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:20 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
Quote:
You must be getting dizzy.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:21 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,687,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Can you please show us where, in any police manual or job application, it states cops must never, ever feel fear or any other human emotion? Can you? Are they robots?

They are human. Of course they feel fear.

DOH!
Any person applying for a position on any police force must be psychologically evaluated. As any person with combat experience will tell you, there is nothing wrong with being afraid, it is how you act in the face of fear that counts. Far too many citizens of all races are murdered by police for no other reason than they, the police, were afraid for themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDdjOdAn_Ns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXmVPxQGTsE

These are only two examples but there are many many more. Keep in mind that no one is safe from police. It could be you next, or your wife, mother, child, etc. Being a police officer is not a license to kill.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:22 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Typical idiots hoodwinked by the edited click-bait videos. Move along. Nothing to see here other than the faux outrage of people that make a decision based on a edited video.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:25 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
May not have been clear, but I thought everyone knew the trial just recently took place, AFTER Las Vegas.

And? What does Vegas have to do with this? Answer is not a flipping thing. I'm a bit confused by a few things with this. They had a report of a guy pointing a scoped weapon out a window. There was a tac team on scene and two beat cops made the approach to the suspect room. Again, "by the book" the tactical team should have been up to bat, not these two clowns. Who then without any backup proceed to unravel things like a ball of string.

And again, why didn't they cuff the guy when he was in the position to do so and tell him to move from that position and crawl? What sort of mindless baboon does this sort of thing? So what then? Did they just decide to take the room themselves and not wait for SWAT to do it because they wanted to earn their hero stripes? There's more holes in this than a pasta strainer.

But it's good to know there are people out there who advocate this sort of behavior by cops. Summary execution before any facts have been established. I guess this LE trend will continue. A jury can be cherry picked to suit any given circumstance from a pool of cop apologists.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:26 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,440,415 times
Gotta go with the boys in blue here . Who can blame them when they all live in fear because this Black Lives Matter anti-American crap is seeping through to these rotten young punks? Should have shot him 6 times.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:29 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,779,493 times
It’s just fine to sit around and argue semantics of police procedure and boot-liking the thin blue line on a forum.
When I was a kid we were driving and my dad came across a cop fighting with a driver he had pulled over. My dad stopped the car and told us to stay in it and went to help the cop subdue the guy.
If I come across that now with my family in the car, I drive on by. I am a 50 year old white male and I don’t trust cops.
I won’t be shot or have my family in the line of fire from one of them. Actions have consequences as righties like to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies