U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2017, 08:16 AM

6,262 posts, read 2,673,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
You lackwits had better think twice about wanting a police state and a complete disarming of citizens if you didn't like what this video showed.
Our policing in this society arose from slave patrols and evolved not much from that point on. The police exist to serve the aristocracy and protect them and their extracted and concentrated wealth/property from the rest of us who perform the labor that allows them to amass such fortunes.

The power structure knows full well it has lost all semblance of legitimacy. Societal wealth is extracted at home to maintain the outer reaches of empire abroad as we occupy the planet militarily for the benefit of the Wall Street/donor/”job creator” class to insure their access to the resources of other nations in endless wars of profit.

Militarized police depts., corporate for profit prisons with convict labor leasing and stocks traded on Wall Street is the corporate state’s idea of a jobs program. As societal wealth is further and further concentrated into the hands of fewer and fewer, poverty will require criminalizing, and the system can turn $40-50K per head, per year on the incarcerated. Couple that with the fact that citizens in the US no longer have a guarantee of Habeas corpus, and all this blathering on about fweedumb is for those who cannot bear to face the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2017, 08:16 AM

29,628 posts, read 16,368,994 times
Quote:
You lackwits had better think twice about wanting a police state and a complete disarming of citizens if you didn't like what this video showed.
This why I chuckle when I hear people say that the cops and military will never turn on the citizens.

Old 12-10-2017, 08:17 AM

4,331 posts, read 1,793,476 times
Quote:
This is not a problem in other first world countries. Why is it such a problem in the USA?

Old 12-10-2017, 08:18 AM

11,623 posts, read 5,910,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
They didn't cuff him after he was killed.
Maybe they did, though.

Test passers memorized procedures.

Old 12-10-2017, 08:22 AM

13,330 posts, read 6,990,465 times
Cop handled this terribly. Commands were too difficult. This guy has NO business being a cop.

Guilty of negligent homicide, in my opinion.

Old 12-10-2017, 08:25 AM

3,251 posts, read 1,231,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
This why I chuckle when I hear people say that the cops and military will never turn on the citizens.
This is why I chuckle when I hear that cops and military will join citizens in some sort of “revolution” with all the second amendment lovers.

Old 12-10-2017, 08:25 AM

7,636 posts, read 2,227,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
This is not a problem in other first world countries. Why is it such a problem in the USA?
it's not a problem here either, just the whimpering of those who have see a boogeyman on every street corner. I'm a law abiding citizen, I've never had an unpleasant experience with law enforcement.

Old 12-10-2017, 08:28 AM

4,331 posts, read 1,793,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
it's not a problem here either, just the whimpering of those who have see a boogeyman on every street corner. I'm a law abiding citizen, I've never had an unpleasant experience with law enforcement.
Neither have I yet Cops seem to be far more aggressive in the US than in other first world countries.

Old 12-10-2017, 08:29 AM

30,910 posts, read 13,475,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
They didn't cuff him after he was killed.
not sure why you would even post that

Old 12-10-2017, 08:35 AM

11,623 posts, read 5,910,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Dumb people WANT RESPECT.

S'why Obama depuud 'em.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or