Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 09:00 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,970 times

Advertisements

RIP Mr Shaver. That poor man- heartbreaking and infuriating at the same time.
May his loved ones somehow find comfort and peace.

Sadly, this appears to be a near daily occurrence in 'The Land of the Free" and "Greatest Nation on Earth"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2017, 09:02 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,015,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
This is one of the worst videos I have ever seen. A stone cold execution. How some people can even attempt to defend this is baffling, that he was actually acquitted is a downright catastrophe. The entire tenor of this "cop" was despicable from the first second he had his victim in his sights. The arrogance of this wannabe operator was on full display. He was on a total power trip and basically told this poor soul,

'I will yell at you and rattle of some commands and if you make a mistake I will shoot you; now shut up cross your legs, raise your arms....shut up, crawl towards me, don't make a mistake or you will die"

And a few seconds later he puts 4 bullets into a man on his knees, crying and begging for his life. SICKENING.
And this is our police? We ought to be ashamed, that this is the **** poor standard of our police force. Why are people like this guy allowed on the force, a force which should be there to PROTECT its citizen and serve them?
Yet we have sorry excuses for human beings like this murderer with a god-complex who seemingly lives out his video-game fantasy or is he just a straight sociopath?!
But we let go on......... What a travesty.

I totally agree. Of all the videos concerning murders by police I have seen,this is absolutely a murder.

Old 12-08-2017, 09:17 PM

393 posts, read 166,672 times
Murderer:

https://b.thumbs.redditmedia.com/v04...j-LO_JZnzU.png

Murder weapon: (NSFW)

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/wp...6/05/AR-15.jpg

Old 12-08-2017, 09:18 PM

3,569 posts, read 7,198,592 times
Wow. And the worst part is what he says through out it all. he doesn't care.

I wish I could curse on this forum without being banned.

Old 12-08-2017, 10:25 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
He fits my preconceived image pretty well.

Young. Possibly ex military. A smaller guy. Looking to prove something being tacticool. His weapon says it all too.

Old 12-08-2017, 10:45 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I just saw this earlier today, Frank. Really, really sad.

The kid was drunk, and the cop was giving him all kinds of odd commands. The guy literally cried "please don't shoot me" moments before some jerk blows him away.

They had him face down with his hands behind his head and his feet crossed. Why couldn't they have approached him and cuffed him while in that position? Why did they continue to give him more weird commands?

"left foot over your right foot, put your hands on the ground and push yourself up, and then crawl towards me." What the hell??
I have to agree with you man. Watching the video reminded me of playing Twister as a child. I was wondering if there was a cop next to the one on camera with a game spinner, calling out random things to do. Left foot on green , right hand on red. The whole video is sort of surreal. And yes, why the hell did the officer not go down the hall and properly detain this young man while he was face down on the floor. A truly insane video.

****In no way do I condone what happened in this video. But I did want to ask if everyone else saw the moment when the cop decided to shoot this kid. It did sort of look like he was going for something on his side. However, it also looked like a drunk kid who just lost his balance while trying to crawl on his hands and knees down a hallway while being terrorized by hostile police officers in full body armor. Bottom line, this was the fault of these police officers and the officer who shot this man should be going to jail today. I support law enforcement, and I know sometimes they have to make tough choices. That is not what we witness in this video. And for all the other pro law-enforcement folks out there, it is okay to acknowledge when the police have actually done something wrong. Blind devotion does not necessarily convey respect. Sometimes, it simply conveys complicity.

Old 12-08-2017, 11:01 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times
"Do not make a mistake!"

If you keep him there for THE REST OF HIS LIFE he will eventually make a mistake. That cop wanted to kill him, and he did.

It's first-degree murder. That cop should swing.

Old 12-08-2017, 11:11 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,852,928 times
The cop is protected by double jeopardy but I hope the family sues in civil court and bankrupts the cop...

Old 12-08-2017, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
And the a brazen arrogance:
I hope that cop is haunted for life
Yes, and I hope he's not haunted for long.

Old 12-08-2017, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
This might have more detail.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Daniel_Shaver

THE PROSECUTORS along with the defense attorney asked for the video to be sealed.

They released some edited portions of it not including the shooting.

It's likely the jury never got to see the end part where the guy got shot.

In short, the prosecutors helped throw the case.
How do you think those jurors feel now, knowing they were hoodwinked?

I wonder whether those prosecutors lose their immunity in a situation like this? It seems like they conspired to deprive Shaver of his civil rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies