U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2017, 06:33 PM

5,027 posts, read 2,200,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
You would if you forget tactics in the moment.

If you "forget" tactics..........you are poorly trained........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2017, 12:57 PM

1,787 posts, read 895,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
If you "forget" tactics..........you are poorly trained........
Or so untrainable that you shouldn't have been hired in the first place.

Old 12-24-2017, 11:42 PM

689 posts, read 282,858 times
Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Agreed! I hope the family files a lawsuit.

That poor kid was unarmed, and gunned down by police while on his hands and knees. It bothers me that more people aren't disgusted by this.
It is all over twitter. People are disgusted. But we are calm and don't act like BLM. We are not destroying are neighborhoods. We handle it differently. It is extremely tragic. Killing a crying man on his knees crawling would make me lose my erection for life if I was a man. There was a lot left out of the trial.

Old 12-24-2017, 11:45 PM

Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
This is one of the worst videos I have ever seen. A stone cold execution. How some people can even attempt to defend this is baffling, that he was actually acquitted is a downright catastrophe. The entire tenor of this "cop" was despicable from the first second he had his victim in his sights. The arrogance of this wannabe operator was on full display. He was on a total power trip and basically told this poor soul,

'I will yell at you and rattle of some commands and if you make a mistake I will shoot you; now shut up cross your legs, raise your arms....shut up, crawl towards me, don't make a mistake or you will die"

And a few seconds later he puts 4 bullets into a man on his knees, crying and begging for his life. SICKENING.
And this is our police? We ought to be ashamed, that this is the **** poor standard of our police force. Why are people like this guy allowed on the force, a force which should be there to PROTECT its citizen and serve them?
Yet we have sorry excuses for human beings like this murderer with a god-complex who seemingly lives out his video-game fantasy or is he just a straight sociopath?!
But we let go on......... What a travesty.
--
Being threatened you will die so many times before being shot & killed was a slow torture until his death. RIP.

Old 12-24-2017, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Yea, and why is there any wonder that people don't trust the police. The guy is on the ground, two cops are covering him and they claim they were in fear for their lives? BS!!! 5 times, from an AR, into a guy who is on the ground and the cop claims the guy was reaching for a weapon. If this sort of thing were a one of incident I'd be willing to accept the "one bad apple" schtick. But it happens and has happened regularly. Especially with SWAT teams.

The police have far to much power, and are granted far to much latitude in use of lethal force. They can count on being exonerated no matter the circumstances. Just like this incident. No, the police are not our friends. They neither have obligation nor inclination to protect the public, and in point of fact have become just as much a threat to our life and safety as violent criminals.

They are now armed as well as forward deployed warfighters and are trained to handle everything with extreme prejudice. They see the general public as the enemy. They patrol our streets as if they are somewhere in the ME. Inpoint of fact it has become a standard practice for departments to hire multiple tour combat veterans.

While this may seem to make sense bear in mind police work is not supposed to be a combat oriented job. It has however become just that. And to top it off every swinging whoever that puts on a badge and a uniform is called a "hero." The definition of hero must have changed and I just didn't catch it. "Heroes." Yea, whatever.
I agree. I do know many that are cops and still in Military reserves or become a cop full time when out of the Military. It is a weird energy out there.

Old 12-25-2017, 12:02 AM

Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
That would mean that there were at least two cops covering the kid with their weapons. And one of them couldn't just go up to the kid while he's laying on the floor with his hands on his head and put the cuffs on him?
They don't want to 'work the job' anymore. In the old days they did fight people much more than shoot. I understand many out there want cops killed (& that is in heads of all cops) but anybody could tell this was a very soft scared guy crawling & crying. Not a guy with a gun or the confidence that provides.

Old 12-25-2017, 12:08 AM

Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
"By the book" my a**. The cops dragged out this situation well past the point where they should have cuffed the guy by making him crawl around on the floor while screaming out contradictory commands at the top of their lungs. It was inevitable that at some point the kid would have made some mistake that a psychotic hair trigger cop could interpret as "reaching towards his waistband". They should have just put the damn cuffs on him and that would have been that.
I would have made mistakes and peed myself. Me, with no record, would be dead now. The cop said contradictory things as they often do b/c many are not that bright. Some are sweet with good intentions but not bright.

Old 12-25-2017, 12:08 AM

8,074 posts, read 2,377,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
They didn't knew that. And actually he did had two pellet guns in his room. Not to say he could've done much with them, however again, they didn't knew that.
What they knew is irrelevant. All that matters is what they reasonably believed, and whether they were acting in self-defense or were the aggressors.

The facts are clear that they WERE safe. He WAS subdued. They COULD cuff him and take him in. And it was completely unreasonable for them to think otherwise.

They chose to become the aggressor and play "Simon Says" with him for a while. They have no qualified immunity. They committed murder with malice aforethought, and they should swing from the nearest tree.

Old 12-25-2017, 12:10 AM

Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
What they knew is irrelevant. All that matters is what they reasonably believed, and whether they were acting in self-defense or were the aggressors.

The facts are clear that they WERE safe. He WAS subdued. They COULD cuff him and take him in. And it was completely unreasonable for them to think otherwise.

They chose to become the aggressor and play "Simon Says" with him for a while. They have no qualified immunity. They committed murder with malice aforethought, and they should swing from the nearest tree.
--
Amen.

Old 12-25-2017, 10:08 AM

2,305 posts, read 579,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
trained police officers do not forget that it's very dangerous to stand in front of a door when you think there is a shooter on the other side. But why are you so desperate to make excuses for these cops?
Trained officers forget many things when in the heat of the moment. For example I rarely see officers implement many of the defensive tactics when fighting with a suspect that they were trained on. Usually it ends up just swinging hoping to hit something and them being fortunate enough to have it actually works. Also I'm not making excuses. I'm being realistic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or