Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2017, 10:02 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,431,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Based on what? Your "feelings?" Ridiculous.
But its okay for a cop to execute someone based on "feelings"? Yes, ridiculous
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2017, 10:04 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Nice cherry pick. What I said that I get is that YOU would have done the same thing here and found a reason to shoot the guy.
Every LEO in the US has been trained to do the same thing. Suspect reported as armed, makes a movement consistent with reaching for a weapon, LEO shoots. Upheld in every jurisdiction as justified self-defense.

The lesson here is to not point a scoped firearm out a hotel window, and to not make a movement consistent with reaching for a weapon having already been reported as armed.

Is that hard for some of you to understand?

Old 12-10-2017, 10:05 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
To him it was a BB gun.........showing someone one of the tools of his trade...........
The "tools of his trade" include aiming the weapon at the public in general? Not a chance.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:06 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,092,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
That is not my definition of a law abiding citizen. Not saying he deserved to be shot in the head.
Well, up until the traffic incident he supposedly had a clean record. No history of violence anyway. Maybe he was having some kind of mental health issue. But like I said, almost no information about the incident has been made public. But so far it looks highly questionable. I mean three shots to the head? Whatever happened to aiming for center mass?

Old 12-10-2017, 10:12 AM

30,156 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
But its okay for a cop to execute someone based on "feelings"? Yes, ridiculous
If the cop "felt" their life was in danger then yes that would be feelings. Whether or not the cop violated protocol on this I am not sure. The cop ordered the man several times not to do something and was called their because someone was pointing a gun out the hotel window so it was reasonable that his life was in danger.

With many of these questionable police shootings there are two issues. One, the perps don't to what the cops tell them to do and two, where one shot my stop the individual and not kill them multiple shots are fired when it was not necessary. With this guy one shot would have ended the threat and perhaps he would still be alive today.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:13 AM

42,851 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Some of you are pretty dense... That's when they haven't already been reported as armed.
That couple had never been reported as being armed, try to keep up. They came out of the room where someone said a gun was seen from the window. They could have very well been hostages who were released by the real perpetrator. Any rational police officer would have considered that. You continue to repeat the same talking points that are absolutely wrong over and over and over and you want to call me dense, really?

Old 12-10-2017, 10:15 AM

30,156 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Well, up until the traffic incident he supposedly had a clean record. No history of violence anyway. Maybe he was having some kind of mental health issue. But like I said, almost no information about the incident has been made public. But so far it looks highly questionable. I mean three shots to the head? Whatever happened to aiming for center mass?
I agree. Or perhaps whoever he got into an accident with was aggressive and threatened violence towards him so he sped off for his own safety. I do thinks cops should be trained to shot for the body and one shot should be enough to subdue the person.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:16 AM

42,851 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
If the cop "felt" their life was in danger then yes that would be feelings. Whether or not the cop violated protocol on this I am not sure. The cop ordered the man several times not to do something and was called their because someone was pointing a gun out the hotel window so it was reasonable that his life was in danger.

With many of these questionable police shootings there are two issues. One, the perps don't to what the cops tell them to do and two, where one shot my stop the individual and not kill them multiple shots are fired when it was not necessary. With this guy one shot would have ended the threat and perhaps he would still be alive today.
A cop who does NOT want to shoot someone does not subject them to an absurd game of simon says after articulating that if he didn't follow the directions exactly he would die. Cops arrest people who can't understand english, who are deaf and who are intoxicated to the point where they are incapable of following directions, they don't flipping kill them. The cop was in NO danger while the guy was on the floor with his hands extended in front of him, he should have been cuffed right then not made to do a series of movements which the cop probably knew would result in him doing 'something' that would give him license to kill him.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:17 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
The cops didn't know that the guy was even the person they were looking for. All they knew was that there was a report of a person with a rifle in that room. There were no reports of gunfire or hostility. The man and women did not exit their room in a threatening manner. The guy didn't act aggressive in any way and was trying to comply with the ridiculous commands he was given. The cop continually told him that if he made a mistake, he would die. They created a high-stress situation which led to the man being shot. The police are at fault here.
Not only that, the guy did NOTHING illegal. He was an innocent man that was executed.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:18 AM

2,993 posts, read 4,303,849 times
If the myth of "most cops are really good people and there is just a few bad apples" was actually true than this cop would have been let go from the start, if he was even hired.

But of course that myth isn't true. All cops are bad and equally guilty by default by associating with and protecting these "few bad apples" of theirs. It's not a few bad apples, it's the ENTIRE police culture. Anyone with any ounce of good in them would have left the force years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies