U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 11:37 PM

4,339 posts, read 5,545,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
.... government is a liberal's god.
I imagine this was said to troll people. But if you actually believe it, you woefully misinformed. As for me, God is my god, and government is always a means to an end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2017, 12:54 PM

13,439 posts, read 5,424,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Totally. And I hope our counter culture grows until we push Liberalism into the sea and destroy it for good. Progressivism as the Left has made it is on a par with the institution of slavery in my book.
I nominate this as craziest post of the week.

Old 12-10-2017, 08:18 PM

34,983 posts, read 10,307,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Only conservatives would win a presidential election and own the US Senate and House, and consider themselves the minority.

1. All Republicans currently on The Hill are not conservatives.

2. Only Democrats would lose a presidential election, the Senate, and the House, and act as if they won.

Old 12-10-2017, 08:50 PM

10,838 posts, read 10,503,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
The counterculteralists of the 1960s were about ... upending the social norms, ...
You mean the social norms of political correctness, toeing the line, not having an opposing opinion, wanting to be an individual, etc? If that's the case, conservatives and libertarians are extremely "counterculturalist." They don't want to share your Utopian ideals, they don't want your lifestyles and pet-issues jammed down their throats, and the want to be free to think as they wish. Sounds pretty counterculture hippy to me. The only thing that isn't there is the dope and flowers. How does it feel to be the "old regime that needs to be put out to pasture"?

Old 12-10-2017, 08:54 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,360,207 times
I think the last conservative died long ago. Once upon a time, real conservatives believed in America. They came home from WWII determined to build a nation, and went to work. They built interstate highway systems, sewage treatment plants, modern housing, municipal water systems, irrigation systems, and invested their wealth in new businesses.

Real conservatives are all gone. In their place we have a bunch of bomb throwing radical reactionaries who will cheerfully dismantle America in their quest to make a buck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or