U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-08-2017, 11:34 AM
 
10,788 posts, read 2,671,797 times
Reputation: 5009

Advertisements

Woman becomes engaged to...(read the article)

The English love their eccentrics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-08-2017, 11:40 AM
 
3,427 posts, read 937,683 times
Reputation: 1441
Hardly....there are just plain wacky people out there, pre-dating #metoo or the like. At least one man married a car.

https://jalopnik.com/man-who-has-had...tle-1445719610
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2017, 11:41 AM
 
9,738 posts, read 8,031,976 times
Reputation: 6343
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Hardly....there are just plain wacky people out there, predating #metoo or the like

https://jalopnik.com/man-who-has-had...tle-1445719610
#metoo = pound me too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2017, 12:32 PM
 
13,068 posts, read 4,442,456 times
Reputation: 6371
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
#metoo = pound me too!
hahahahahahahaha. Good one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2017, 12:35 PM
 
10,931 posts, read 5,003,380 times
Reputation: 4884
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Woman becomes engaged to...(read the article)

The English love their eccentrics.
It's really not difficult to date and not be accused of sexual harassment.

Really, really easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2017, 01:15 PM
 
4,053 posts, read 6,398,748 times
Reputation: 4150
My advice to any young man who aspires to become famous, elected to political office, or become wealthy, is to limit you dating to those guided by good business rules and always get a signed non-disclosure agreement.
Of course this may limit your contact with the opposite sex to prostitutes.

When you decide to marry I suggest you go outside the US in search of a bride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2017, 01:17 PM
 
10,931 posts, read 5,003,380 times
Reputation: 4884
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
My advice to any young man who aspires to become famous, elected to political office, or become wealthy, is to limit you dating to those guided by good business rules and always get a signed non-disclosure agreement.
Of course this may limit your contact with the opposite sex to prostitutes.

When you decide to marry I suggest you go outside the US in search of a bride.
Or just, you know, be a good person and treat women with respect (i.e. the way you would want to be treated - if in doubt, ask "would I want this to happen to me??").


There's a reason the majority of famous people aren't surrounded by scandal. They don't treat people badly. Treat women badly - well, don't be surprised when that information comes back to get you eventually.


Your advice is not good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2017, 03:51 PM
 
10,788 posts, read 2,671,797 times
Reputation: 5009
Here is another alternative to men a woman found, again in England.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2017, 03:52 PM
 
7,255 posts, read 2,154,031 times
Reputation: 9028
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
It's really not difficult to date and not be accused of sexual harassment.

Really, really easy.
No not really.

All a woman has to do is make an accusation. Doesn't have to be true. Man's life will be ruined.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2017, 03:54 PM
 
15,367 posts, read 5,681,036 times
Reputation: 11511
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Or just, you know, be a good person and treat women with respect (i.e. the way you would want to be treated - if in doubt, ask "would I want this to happen to me??").


There's a reason the majority of famous people aren't surrounded by scandal. They don't treat people badly. Treat women badly - well, don't be surprised when that information comes back to get you eventually.


Your advice is not good.
It's funny how this seems like such a foreign concept to so many here. Treat women with respect??? Really?

Wow, what a concept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:33 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top