U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-10-2017, 03:24 PM
 
6,740 posts, read 6,528,464 times
Reputation: 5056

Advertisements

It's a stalemate. He can't (deliberately) start a war with anybody and expect it to go anywhere good and neither can South Korea or the United States.

That wont stop the cheap tough-guy talk from either side though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-10-2017, 03:30 PM
 
32,323 posts, read 26,200,084 times
Reputation: 18953
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
It's a stalemate. He can't (deliberately) start a war with anybody and expect it to go anywhere good and neither can South Korea or the United States.

That wont stop the cheap tough-guy talk from either side though.
quite correct, especially since china has already said that if NK starts a war, they wont join in, but if the US starts a war they will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2017, 03:56 PM
 
6,740 posts, read 6,528,464 times
Reputation: 5056
He's going to have nuclear weapons sooner or later and there is nothing the Unites States can realistically do about it despite the avalanche of caterwauling. It wont be the first or last time they've fallen into the hands of questionable state actors. But as ICBM defenses become more and more sophisticated it becomes less of an imminent threat. The west is just loathe to have to take this guy seriously because of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2017, 04:19 PM
 
Location: Gone
25,235 posts, read 14,016,095 times
Reputation: 5916
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
He's going to have nuclear weapons sooner or later and there is nothing the Unites States can realistically do about it despite the avalanche of caterwauling. It wont be the first or last time they've fallen into the hands of questionable state actors. But as ICBM defenses become more and more sophisticated it becomes less of an imminent threat. The west is just loathe to have to take this guy seriously because of it.
He Has nukes now, it was the ICBM's he was working on and re-entry and it looks as if they have solved that problem also. Meaning the mad dwarf can hit any city in the US or just set a really big one off high above Kansas and put most of the USA back into the 1800's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2017, 05:01 PM
 
6,740 posts, read 6,528,464 times
Reputation: 5056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
He Has nukes now, it was the ICBM's he was working on and re-entry and it looks as if they have solved that problem also. Meaning the mad dwarf can hit any city in the US or just set a really big one off high above Kansas and put most of the USA back into the 1800's.
The United States could do that to him too, but it won't either. Everybody calm down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2017, 05:53 PM
 
5,721 posts, read 4,609,371 times
Reputation: 4322
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Sorry, it’s not our job to safeguard the rest of the world.
The problem in Asia is China wants to control how all of the trade works between all Asian countries and the U.S....and that's why they want to claim they own the whole South China Sea as their own. We don't really have this problem anywhere else.

China has a natural resources problem and a food problem when it comes to things such as fish. Imagine how much fish a country of over a billion people is consuming. It's possible the entire oceans will be depleted within a short period of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
What does controlling the sea lanes mean? Are you suggesting that China will shut down travel and trade to other nations?
Not necessarily shutdown, but they could start trying to charge extra tariffs or something for every other country that wants to use them.

They also want control of all of the natural resources in the SCS, the problem is well documented.

imo a good example is if China controlled the Panama Canal it would be a total nightmare. The U.S. historically governed the Panama Canal in a very fair manner. If China governed it they would have used it to screw the rest of the world over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:52 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top