Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 08:03 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,309,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
What are you talking about? Nobody won the "popular vote", because there is no such thing in the United States. The fact that so many people are obsessed with the notion of a "popular vote" tells me our public education system is failing to educate young people. You should have learned how the US election process works in grade school.
You should tell that to Trump. He was so obsessed with the 'popular vote' after the election that he had to invent three million illegal voters so he tell the voices in his head that HE really won both the electoral and popular votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2017, 09:22 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,950,522 times
Finally someone fights back against the left. Good job Trump.

Old 12-10-2017, 09:33 AM

9,718 posts, read 14,256,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
No thanks.

The day I need to worry about keeping up mentally with Cultists is the day to put myself out of my misery.
Ahh....poor snowflake...

Old 12-10-2017, 09:36 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,882,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Says the man who can't even get 50% of the people behind him. Unique among presidents in history.
How is that unique?

History ain’t your strong point.

Old 12-10-2017, 09:37 AM

9,718 posts, read 14,256,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
I agree Trump seems really rattled the last few weeks, i wonder is it because Flynn has flipped or has his declining mental health reached a tipping point. ?

maybe both, but either way i agree JM , Trump seems foggy and lost at times. I think his sudden bursts are due to his confusion. He get confused and reacts with shouting and anger to try and cover up...
You have some typos here. Obama was the one with the "aah, uhhh.....wink-wink....oha....aah"

Old 12-10-2017, 09:56 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,942,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
I only watched part of the rally, but I was shocked at learning Obama had gotten us committed to a UN agreement to
destroy our sovereignty, totally open our borders to illegals, and forbid any deportations. YIKES
Thankfully Trump Got us out of it yesterday. How did this get passed without us knowing about Obama doing it??

Quote from the UN Glbal Contract on Immigration that Obama signed us up for:

The declaration stipulates that participating countries should drop laws criminalizing illegal entry and stop detaining illegal immigrants that are caught. Paragraph 33 “reaffirms:”

[T]hat all individuals who have crossed or are seeking to cross international borders are entitled to due process in the assessment of their legal status, entry and stay, we will consider reviewing policies that criminalize crossborder movements. We will also pursue alternatives to detention while these assessments are under way.

And later, the declaration calls for the end of all deportations, “encouraging” that “migrants who do not have permission to stay in the country of destination” leave “preferably on a voluntary basis.”
Perhaps most disturbingly to a country with as robust a tradition of free speech as the United States, the New York Declaration casts resistance to mass migration as racism, xenophobia, and illegal under international law. Paragraph 13 reads:
We recall that our obligations under international law prohibit discrimination of any kind on the basis of race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Yet in many parts of the world we are witnessing, with great concern, increasingly xenophobic and racist responses to refugees and migrants.
Paragraph 14 then calls for so called “hate speech” laws to be mandatory:
Demonizing refugees or migrants offends profoundly against the values of dignity and equality for every human being … We will take a range of steps to counter such attitudes and behavior, in particular with regard to hate crimes, hate speech and racial violence.
In contrast, Trump offered an unapologetic populist-nationalist vision of national sovereignty and local governance. “America is more than a place on a map, it’s a nation, it’s a family,” he told the crowd. “Our agenda is pro-family, pro-police, pro-workers and 100% pro-American.”

How many here knew about this? I read a lot of news, and had no idea Obama got us into this until listening to the rally last night.
The media never reported on this. No surprise there. Obama had no loyalty to America....he was too focused on creating a global community where no borders exist.

Old 12-10-2017, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Trump mocks everyone he doesn't agree with. Just like a spoiled teenager.
What does that say about all the people on the left who mock Trump on a daily basis?

Old 12-10-2017, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
He's too slimy to ever ask himself a question like that. What he is doing now is locking in his remaining base; he doesn't care if it's 25% or 35% or 10%, as long as he has enough supporters to fill a rally hall, he will NEVER admit culpability to anything, nor acknowledge that he represents the interests of those that oppose him as well as those that support him.

Where is he heading with this? It's clear that he is setting the stage to fire Mueller. He knows that he cannot afford to let him continue the investigation because he is as guilty as sin. So he really only has one alternative. The only question left is what happens after that - all we know for sure is that the Constitutional crisis that will result will rock this nation to it's core. It's coming.
Guilty of what, exactly? This investigation has been ongoing for a year and there is NOTHING.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:01 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,526,497 times
How presidential our president mocking someone's freedom of speech.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:05 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,526,497 times
How presidential of Trump to mock the peoples freedom of speech. Of course it's not like does anything else other then golf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies