U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2017, 12:16 PM

8,199 posts, read 6,125,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
OP needs to be with his or her own type and go to Cracker Barrel and Waffle House.
Those are quality establishments, with genuine people. Unlike people who shop at Whole Foods, who do so to virtue signal and generally put on a show for others about how tolerant and environmentally friendly they are.

Gotta figure that a huge portion of a typical leftist's day is spent posturing for other liberals. It's like a high school clique for adults.

Old 12-09-2017, 12:16 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,090,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I had to run into Whole Foods last night (don't judge, I usually try to go somewhere less pretentious) for a specialty potato chip. When I went to get in line to checkout, a woman wearing an Obama sticker was about to checkout at the same time, but I had gotten there first. Trying to be nice, I pointed her to the empty lane next to me by saying "I think she's open," as the cashier was a woman.

The customer wearing the Obama sticker looked at me with great indignation and said, "How date you assume somebody's gender without asking. You're so typical of white male privilege!" She then stormed off to another lane.

Folks, that's what the entire Left wants. We can't even feel comfortable having a normal conversation and trying to my nice. I'm lucky I got off with merely a warning, and didn't get accused of sexual harassment.
Ya' know what. Had I read this story 2 months ago I would have called it BS. I say two months ago because something very similar happened to me at a dollar store. I was buying cleaning products that I keep in my work truck. There is no need for me to spend $5 on the good stuff as it's for work. I grabbed a bottle of S p i c & Span. There was a woman next to me in the aisle. She looked at me with rage and disgust and said to me, "Are you really going to buy that!?' I looked at her and said YES. I thought she was going to give me a lecture about how the harsh chemicals are bad for the environment. I really REALLY thought that. What came out of her mouth next stunned me into confusion and silence. She said that it was racist of me to buy this particular product because it has the word "S P I C" it in. I was like what? She repeated herself and said I was being insensitive to the Spanish people that worked in the store by buying a bottle of **** & Span and I should put it back and buy something else. I was like what? and I walked away. She followed me for a bit and called me a racist again. By the time I got to the cashier, I was becoming annoyed and calmly told her to mind her own business or it was going to get ugly for her. I guess she saw it in my eyes that I was serious because she walked away. but man it was a bizarre experience. Only half the people I have told this story to believe me. The people who have told me they have seen this happen before are law enforcement. They say they see situations like this happen all the time.

EDIT: Wow, the filters on CD block out the word S P I C.

ATTENTION MODS: PLEASE DO NOT DELETE. THIS IS NOT AN INFLAMMATORY POSTING.

Old 12-09-2017, 12:17 PM

7,478 posts, read 5,787,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I see people with old political bumper stickers all the time.
Round here, they are almost always far-right wingers, with the occasional Obama one tossed in. No Hillary stickers though... it's almost as if progressives - unlike Trumpers and their laughable mindset - don't want to be associated with her. Fancy that, having standards.

Old 12-09-2017, 12:21 PM

7,478 posts, read 5,787,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Those are quality establishments, with genuine people. Unlike people who shop at Whole Foods, who do so to virtue signal and generally put on a show for others about how tolerant and environmentally friendly they are.

Gotta figure that a huge portion of a typical leftist's day is spent posturing for other liberals. It's like a high school clique for adults.
Have you read this forum and how much time right-wingers spend searching the internet for some random, powerless dolt so they can slap the title of "leftist" on him and then try to use that to somehow justify the national level disgrace of the far-right and the Republican party? Or, the continuing threads about Hillary, a useless tool (second only to Trump) who lost the election and yet is still, somehow we're to believe, the "real reason" the Orange King can't get anything accomplished. Or, maybe it's "Obama's fault" - it's always somebody else's fault with them. And if you want to talk about cliques, there is none stronger than Cult 45, the boot-lickers who simply admit that there is literally nothing Trump can do that would cost him their support. It doesn't get more cliquish or cult-like than that.

Sorry, man, but if any party or political mindset in this day and age is stuck in the mode of searching for something to be offended about, it's the right wingers. From Confederate snowflakes rioting and murdering to protect their stupid traitor statues, to loons still blathering about Hillary, these clods control the entire government, still can't get anything done, and are still "outraged!" about everything and anything. The simple reality is they are just angry, spiteful people who like to whine, and no amount of power will change that.

Old 12-09-2017, 12:26 PM

17,628 posts, read 11,166,763 times
Quote:
I had to run into Whole Foods last night (don't judge, I usually try to go somewhere less pretentious) for a specialty potato chip. When I went to get in line to checkout, a woman wearing an Obama sticker was about to checkout at the same time, but I had gotten there first. Trying to be nice, I pointed her to the empty lane next to me by saying "I think she's open," as the cashier was a woman.

The customer wearing the Obama sticker looked at me with great indignation and said, "How date you assume somebody's gender without asking. You're so typical of white male privilege!" She then stormed off to another lane.

Folks, that's what the entire Left wants. We can't even feel comfortable having a normal conversation and trying to my nice. I'm lucky I got off with merely a warning, and didn't get accused of sexual harassment.

Yep, we on the left are batty as Hell.

Old 12-09-2017, 12:29 PM

4,907 posts, read 1,830,833 times
This thread is so typical of far too many right wing conservatives. One instance of something that fits their narrative gets projected onto a mass characterization of things.

Old 12-09-2017, 12:30 PM

3,025 posts, read 2,462,538 times
I think some people need to check my posting history. That's all.

Old 12-09-2017, 12:44 PM

2,522 posts, read 827,536 times
I will say one thing in sort-of support of the OP and this post...

You know it's gotten bad out there when this shows up in a 10 year old boy's world. It's snowing here in NJ today, and my kids went out and built a snowman. (Can you guess where this is going?) He asked to use my phone for pictures, and I asked if he was going to take pictures of the snowman. He - jokingly - said, "MOM! You just assumed its gender!" LOL.

Given how uninterested most 10 year old boys are in this kind of thing (mine included), you know it's become a big deal for quite a few people.

The kids then built a second snowman and named the two of them Dave and Little Eddie. Love those kids.

Old 12-09-2017, 12:49 PM

14,190 posts, read 6,424,423 times
Quote:
I think some people need to check my posting history. That's all.
Lol, indeed. I think the added touch of someone wearing an Obama sticker still was the best part of the story.

Old 12-09-2017, 12:52 PM

7,064 posts, read 2,510,577 times
You’re making things up again, Arnold, uh, I mean Donald.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yf0CKA0zN0g
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies