U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2017, 01:31 PM

13,716 posts, read 5,527,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I had to run into Whole Foods last night (don't judge, I usually try to go somewhere less pretentious) for a specialty potato chip. When I went to get in line to checkout, a woman wearing an Obama sticker was about to checkout at the same time, but I had gotten there first. Trying to be nice, I pointed her to the empty lane next to me by saying "I think she's open," as the cashier was a woman.

The customer wearing the Obama sticker looked at me with great indignation and said, "How date you assume somebody's gender without asking. You're so typical of white male privilege!" She then stormed off to another lane.

Folks, that's what the entire Left wants. We can't even feel comfortable having a normal conversation and trying to my nice. I'm lucky I got off with merely a warning, and didn't get accused of sexual harassment.
Assuming your story is true, it’s clearly an extreme outlier and not representative of most Left-leaning people.

On the right, however, the extreme outliers have become the mainstream thanks to Trumpism. Guys like Mike Pence and Roy Moore are part of the leadership.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:33 PM

12,288 posts, read 8,094,328 times
Quote:
I had to run into Whole Foods last night (don't judge, I usually try to go somewhere less pretentious) for a specialty potato chip. When I went to get in line to checkout, a woman wearing an Obama sticker was about to checkout at the same time, but I had gotten there first. Trying to be nice, I pointed her to the empty lane next to me by saying "I think she's open," as the cashier was a woman.

The customer wearing the Obama sticker looked at me with great indignation and said, "How date you assume somebody's gender without asking. You're so typical of white male privilege!" She then stormed off to another lane.

Folks, that's what the entire Left wants. We can't even feel comfortable having a normal conversation and trying to my nice. I'm lucky I got off with merely a warning, and didn't get accused of sexual harassment.
Cool story dude. Now tell us what really happened if it happened at all.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:33 PM

33,325 posts, read 20,117,121 times
Quote:
Tell her/him you enjoy the white male privilege and she/he needs to deal with it.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:34 PM

12,288 posts, read 8,094,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Bull**** meter = 1%

Bull**** meter = 50%

Bull**** meter = 10%

Bull**** meter = 50%

Bull**** meter = 75%

That someone made some, more reasonable, comment about assuming someone's gender
Bull**** meter = 50%

Bull**** meter = 99.99%

Bull**** meter = 100%
/thread.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:34 PM

15,323 posts, read 4,040,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't think you know many real conservatives. I DO NOT know any real conservatives buy their food at the gas station, nor do I know many obese REAL conservatives.
Actually, this whole thread is in jest, but my BIL is a REAL Trump conservative....I mean, he probably cheered when he heard the tape of Trump bragging about women.....

And he lives in the boonies.
And the only place to get a cup of coffee or the very basics is a gas station 3 miles away.

On the other hand, one of my homes is in Trumpland, namely Sarasota, Florida - and we have a Whole Foods there. It is a good people watching place.....everything from multi-millionaire trophy wives in yoga pants to homeless trying to look more upscale and buying an iced tea so they can use the restroom for their dressing area.

If you were in the right mood, you could just people watch for an hour and see how many "types" you can pick out.

The guy you see with the "regular guy look"? That's me.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:35 PM

15,475 posts, read 7,888,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
I'm amused by having to run to Whole Foods for a specialty potato chip.
I agree with this. It made me laugh.

FWIW I've been to Whole Foods many times and never really talked to anyone there and it is the same sort of store as every other grocery store except their food cost more. However, in apple season their apples are the same price as those at the regular super market and since I have a kid who loves apples, I got them from WF because they have less pesticides at WF on their apples. I also bought my shampoo and conditioner there.

Never ran into anyone with an "Obama sticker" on, especially not in 2017 lol. During the 2008 election I do remember seeing a man with an "Irish for O'Bama" shirt on that was green and I thought it was cute.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:36 PM

18,283 posts, read 8,228,834 times
Lots of humor-challenged folks here...

Old 12-09-2017, 01:37 PM

11,141 posts, read 2,757,734 times
Quote:
If I saw a woman only wearing an Obama sticker I would have assumed she was crazy and steered clear. Crazy people are unpredictable so can be dangerous. Unless this Whole Foods was in a nudist colony.

Next time try Trader Joe's.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:38 PM

15,475 posts, read 7,888,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't think you know many real conservatives. I DO NOT know any real conservatives buy their food at the gas station, nor do I know many obese REAL conservatives.
Nearly every conservative I know IRL is either overweight or obese. Especially the ones in the south.

I agree they don't buy their food at the gas station though lol, More like Publix or Kroger or Walmart. But a majority of Americans in general are either overweight or obese.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:38 PM

33,325 posts, read 20,117,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Actually, this whole thread is in jest, but my BIL is a REAL Trump conservative....I mean, he probably cheered when he heard the tape of Trump bragging about women.....

And he lives in the boonies.
And the only place to get a cup of coffee or the very basics is a gas station 3 miles away.

On the other hand, one of my homes is in Trumpland, namely Sarasota, Florida - and we have a Whole Foods there. It is a good people watching place.....everything from multi-millionaire trophy wives in yoga pants to homeless trying to look more upscale and buying an iced tea so they can use the restroom for their dressing area.

If you were in the right mood, you could just people watch for an hour and see how many "types" you can pick out.

The guy you see with the "regular guy look"? That's me.
You mentioned "real conservatives."

Real conservatives can be a doctor without border (my uncle), plastic surgeon (my uncle), successful businessman (my dad), former special force Marine and now successful business owner (my brother), criminal defense attorney (my brother) Those are real conservatives.

They don't buy their groceries at the gas station, however, they certainly don't look down on people who do.

I buy Copenhagen® Smokeless Tobacco for my military friends. Yes, they are labeled as gun loving rednecks, but they accept me for me, they love me and I love them.

Like you said, everybody is an individual and should be treated as such. Just leave it at that. I don't look down on people who are different from me. Everybody can be a teacher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies