U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2017, 01:41 PM

15,402 posts, read 4,070,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Except for real conservatives, right? All of them buy their groceries at the gas station like you posted.
Some buy at Shell, some at Exxon and some at that place with the greasy food that sells gas and is in every shopping center down south...what's it called? You order your onion rings while you pump your gas. Don't wash your hands in between and the onions get a nice "tang" to them.

And in case you think I pulled this from a hat:
https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation...s-station-food

Luckily, there was a Starbucks next to it - so I got a yogurt with fruit. The food in the gas station place would have saved money on diesel. You could just buy the big bucket of anything and shove it in the gas tank and go.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:49 PM

35,261 posts, read 32,223,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Indeed. Then the lady got into her Cadillac Escalade.
With spinners?

Old 12-09-2017, 01:50 PM

35,261 posts, read 32,223,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Some buy at Shell, some at Exxon and some at that place with the greasy food that sells gas and is in every shopping center down south...what's it called? You order your onion rings while you pump your gas. Don't wash your hands in between and the onions get a nice "tang" to them.

And in case you think I pulled this from a hat:
https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation...s-station-food

Luckily, there was a Starbucks next to it - so I got a yogurt with fruit. The food in the gas station place would have saved money on diesel. You could just buy the big bucket of anything and shove it in the gas tank and go.
All gas stations are like that, not just the South. Who doesn't want an AM/PM hamburger?

Old 12-09-2017, 01:54 PM

Quote:
I buy Copenhagen® Smokeless Tobacco for my military friends. Yes, they are labeled as gun loving rednecks, but they accept me for me, they love me and I love them.

Like you said, everybody is an individual and should be treated as such. Just leave it at that. I don't look down on people who are different from me. Everybody can be a teacher.
It ain't the guns that worry me - it's the throat cancer. I know too many people who got that from the habit.

Listen - the thread is a joke so hopefully my Philly sarcasm can be recognized.

I went to military school and lived in the south for years - had our first child there. I'll admit we went through out hippie days around that time. When I moved back up to near Philly (NJ) I befriended a neighbor - whose line of work was being a butcher (I'm a vegetarian) and who was a rare individual in terms of "being a good man". You see, way back then in the 70's there was no such thing as a "conservative" (Goldwater had a tiny movement but it died out - the word simply wasn't used)........

He was out of work so I hired him and we became a two man construction crew. One of the best I've ever worked with - but we were an odd couple. Me, the muscular 26 year old with hair down to my shoulders and this dude who resembled Kojak but shorter and stouter. But we "got er done" on a LOT of jobs.

So...sorry if you think I meant the joke about gas stations. It was actually told to me by my sister who has only that one option. But realistically, they drive 20-45 minutes and can be somewhere to get good stuff.

Whole Foods has a lot of jokes, sarcasm and cynicism around it. "Whole Paycheck" is often what it is called. I saw a $1 snack bag of popcorn in there and using touch, figured there was maybe 16 kernels of popcorn in the bag.

We go to the Amish Market, the Farmers Market and Trader Joes mostly.....but I have to admit we get a few things (maybe a salad bar for a quick lunch or dinner) at Whole Paycheck.

Interestingly enough, the founder of Whole Paycheck would be labeled a conservative. He said "no way" when asked about giving health care coverage to his employees. He also liked Fake News - he was caught spending years under an alias all over the internet spreading stories about how great Whole Foods was. This was when he was already worth 100's of millions.

He also bragged that most of the stuff they sell is not only not healthy, but expressly bad for you. Takes some gonads, for sure.......

Old 12-09-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
All gas stations are like that, not just the South. Who doesn't want an AM/PM hamburger?
I'm a WaWa guy. Gimme the custom made hoagie, a soft pretzel, etc.

I am so happy they have now opened WaWa down in FL (and on the way down also).

Old 12-09-2017, 01:58 PM

33,380 posts, read 20,152,781 times
Quote:
It ain't the guns that worry me - it's the throat cancer. I know too many people who got that from the habit.

Listen - the thread is a joke so hopefully my Philly sarcasm can be recognized.

I went to military school and lived in the south for years - had our first child there. I'll admit we went through out hippie days around that time. When I moved back up to near Philly (NJ) I befriended a neighbor - whose line of work was being a butcher (I'm a vegetarian) and who was a rare individual in terms of "being a good man". You see, way back then in the 70's there was no such thing as a "conservative" (Goldwater had a tiny movement but it died out - the word simply wasn't used)........

He was out of work so I hired him and we became a two man construction crew. One of the best I've ever worked with - but we were an odd couple. Me, the muscular 26 year old with hair down to my shoulders and this dude who resembled Kojak but shorter and stouter. But we "got er done" on a LOT of jobs.

So...sorry if you think I meant the joke about gas stations. It was actually told to me by my sister who has only that one option. But realistically, they drive 20-45 minutes and can be somewhere to get good stuff.

Whole Foods has a lot of jokes, sarcasm and cynicism around it. "Whole Paycheck" is often what it is called. I saw a $1 snack bag of popcorn in there and using touch, figured there was maybe 16 kernels of popcorn in the bag.

We go to the Amish Market, the Farmers Market and Trader Joes mostly.....but I have to admit we get a few things (maybe a salad bar for a quick lunch or dinner) at Whole Paycheck.

Interestingly enough, the founder of Whole Paycheck would be labeled a conservative. He said "no way" when asked about giving health care coverage to his employees. He also liked Fake News - he was caught spending years under an alias all over the internet spreading stories about how great Whole Foods was. This was when he was already worth 100's of millions.

He also bragged that most of the stuff they sell is not only not healthy, but expressly bad for you. Takes some gonads, for sure.......
Okay. It is all good.

Old 12-09-2017, 02:06 PM

1,400 posts, read 590,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
My next-door neighbor was wearing her Tea Party tee shirt and she came over to my house, walked into my kitchen without knocking, and started eating MY specialty potato chips! I said, "Hey, you can't just walk in here like you own the place and eat my Pringles like that."

I'm pretty sure she stole my Obama stickers off my adult tricycle, too. But I stole the Jesus fish off her car, so we're even.
Same thing happened the other day to me, except it was a loony old fart wearing a Bernie sticker. He said, "Hey man, you didn't earn these chips, somebody else did. I am entitled to these F***ing specialty chips. It's called single payer Bro... you pay, I eat, understand?" I smiled and said, "It's alright Sir, but those aren't special chips, they're little doggie treats."

Old 12-09-2017, 02:06 PM

1,900 posts, read 833,399 times
Quote:
You mentioned "real conservatives."

I buy Copenhagen® Smokeless Tobacco for my military friends. Yes, they are labeled as gun loving rednecks, but they accept me for me, they love me and I love them.
Who labels them as gun loving rednecks? I have been around many military personnel and the times were labeled as such are very very low. Especially since military personnel comes in all colours, sexes and creeds.

Old 12-09-2017, 02:11 PM

26,893 posts, read 9,131,608 times
Quote:
Actually, this whole thread is in jest, but my BIL is a REAL Trump conservative....I mean, he probably cheered when he heard the tape of Trump bragging about women.....

And he lives in the boonies.
And the only place to get a cup of coffee or the very basics is a gas station 3 miles away.

On the other hand, one of my homes is in Trumpland, namely Sarasota, Florida - and we have a Whole Foods there. It is a good people watching place.....everything from multi-millionaire trophy wives in yoga pants to homeless trying to look more upscale and buying an iced tea so they can use the restroom for their dressing area.

If you were in the right mood, you could just people watch for an hour and see how many "types" you can pick out.

The guy you see with the "regular guy look"? That's me.
I think I saw you at the one on Clark Rd. No, my bad, it was 1st Street. I recognize the voice too.

Old 12-09-2017, 02:19 PM

1,625 posts, read 1,065,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Next time try Trader Joe's.
I love Trader Joe's. It's a smorgasbord of promiscuous college students and sexually starved soccer moms. I always chat 'em up and then give them my man-ho brother's phone number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies