U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2017, 03:52 PM

11,089 posts, read 4,876,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
Those are quality establishments, with genuine people. Unlike people who shop at Whole Foods, who do so to virtue signal and generally put on a show for others about how tolerant and environmentally friendly they are.

Gotta figure that a huge portion of a typical leftist's day is spent posturing for other liberals. It's like a high school clique for adults.
Or maybe they have dietary needs that are otherwise hard to shop for?

You try finding dairy free macaroni and cheese at Walmart. Or sheep milk yoghurt. Or soy-free veggie burgers. Or gluten free cookies.

Or hard-to-find culinary ingredients, such as duck fat and gooseberries. I like experimenting in the kitchen.

Plus, before Amazon bought it out, I shopped there because of how well they treated their employees (which I support).

So, yeah. Don't flatter yourself. No one's shopping there to win your approval.

Old 12-09-2017, 03:54 PM
Status: "Kamala/Pete 2020!! Make it happen, people." (set 19 days ago)

7,356 posts, read 2,936,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
I think you making up stories so you can create yourself a platform to whine about lefties online, is even worse that what woman did in this fictional story of yours.

Exactly.

And, you can tell itís fake by the OPís non-defense of it in this thread. Well, that, and the fact that itís ridiculous.

Old 12-09-2017, 03:56 PM

5,244 posts, read 3,760,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Getting back to reality, the OP is so far behind the times!

When I was buying my 2005 Subaru (new), the sales person was in a suit and tie and white shirt. I went alone to look at the car and liked it, so I sent the wife back telling her I had talked to a guy named Rob.

Well, you can guess the rest. My wife came home and informed me Rob was not of the male gender...which was fine, of course. We bought more cars off Rob and I'm sure she knows I am an old fashioned red-blooded American Male. Never a cross word between us.

But when it comes to Whole Foods, we don't have much to worry about. Real Conservatives buy their food at the gas station. After all, given their problems with obesity, diabetes and mortality they probably aren't eating their veggies.
Have a vehicle buying story of my own. Was shopping for a truck back in Tennessee back in 2007. As I was wandering alone around the lot a guy came out to talk to me. I was an adventure racer at that time and needed a truck to transport all my gear to trainings and races, but the entire time I was on the lot the guy kept re-directing my attention back to a car even though I kept telling him I needed a truck. I got a quote for one truck that caught my attention and left the lot without even bothering to take it for a test drive.

A few days later I dragged my boyfriend (now husband) back to the lot so he could take a look underneath it and under the hood, and so we could both take it for a test drive. Same salesman came out to talk to us, and it was obvious from the get-go that he didn't remember me. I didn't buy it because it had issues - but the most interesting part is that he had quoted me a price $1000 higher than he quoted my husband.

True story.

Old 12-09-2017, 03:56 PM
Status: "Kamala/Pete 2020!! Make it happen, people." (set 19 days ago)

7,356 posts, read 2,936,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Great thread. Fun to watch a partisan engage in a suicide mission.

"Obama sticker" yeah sure.
Maybe OP meant to type ďbuttonĒ instead of ďsticker.Ē

Who even has a wearable campaign sticker from 5-6 years ago??

Old 12-09-2017, 03:58 PM

2,875 posts, read 1,665,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post

You try finding dairy free macaroni and cheese at Walmart. Or sheep milk yoghurt. Or soy-free veggie burgers. Or gluten free cookies.

Or hard-to-find culinary ingredients, such as duck fat and gooseberries. I like experimenting in the kitchen.

Plus, before Amazon bought it out, I shopped there because of how well they treated their employees (which I support).

They have gluten free cookies and veggie burgers and dairy free macaroni at Wal-Mart.

Old 12-09-2017, 04:01 PM

5,244 posts, read 3,760,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post

Sheep milk yogurt? Soy-free veggie burgers? Gluten free cookies? Duck fat and gooseberries?

What the hell kind of commie pinko bastard ARE you?

'Murica Baby.

Old 12-09-2017, 04:02 PM

11,089 posts, read 4,876,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
They have gluten free cookies and veggie burgers and dairy free macaroni at Wal-Mart.
Well, I don't live anywhere near a Wal-Mart, so maybe that was a bad example. The other alternative here is Safeway, which tends to have a very limited selection of things like that.

Though in reality, I do most grocery shopping at small independent grocers...but they can be hit or miss depending on the area.

Old 12-09-2017, 04:05 PM

7,981 posts, read 3,471,377 times
Get off your high horse and quit generalizing. Whatís wrong with you people? We arenít all alike. We have a country now that canít agree on anything. Think back before Fox News and their fake spin they put on most everything. Weíre we all that separated then? I donít think so.

Old 12-09-2017, 04:07 PM

6,603 posts, read 3,681,147 times
Lots of free advertising for Whole Foods. I might have to go now — and then come back and post a whopper about my visit.

Old 12-09-2017, 04:08 PM

1,820 posts, read 718,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I had to run into Whole Foods last night (don't judge, I usually try to go somewhere less pretentious) for a specialty potato chip. When I went to get in line to checkout, a woman wearing an Obama sticker was about to checkout at the same time, but I had gotten there first. Trying to be nice, I pointed her to the empty lane next to me by saying "I think she's open," as the cashier was a woman.

The customer wearing the Obama sticker looked at me with great indignation and said, "How date you assume somebody's gender without asking. You're so typical of white male privilege!" She then stormed off to another lane.

Folks, that's what the entire Left wants. We can't even feel comfortable having a normal conversation and trying to my nice. I'm lucky I got off with merely a warning, and didn't get accused of sexual harassment.
Yep. All Dems act like this in that situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies