U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 10:56 AM

26,809 posts, read 9,110,419 times

Advertisements

Interesting !!!

All the accusations directed at the OP without a shred of actual evidence.

Conservatives are going to need " Go Pro " or body cams.

Lib-tards will keep investing in accusations thinking, incorrectly, they pay no cost for "group think".

Maybe it didn't happen, but in the current environment, it can't be ruled out.

If the OP was a women we would have to believe her. Wouldn't we ????????

Old 12-09-2017, 10:57 AM

11,653 posts, read 4,934,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Interesting !!!

Lib-tards will keep investing in accusations thinking, incorrectly, they pay no cost for "group think".
Ironic post is ironic.

Old 12-09-2017, 10:57 AM

33,368 posts, read 20,137,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Interesting !!!

yeah.. I don't think op made up a story. Sure, he shouldn't have said this is what ALL left want, but I know what he meant and I believe him. Some people can take politics very seriously and personally.

Old 12-09-2017, 11:01 AM

22,348 posts, read 9,497,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I had to run into Whole Foods last night (don't judge, I usually try to go somewhere less pretentious) for a specialty potato chip.
I don't judge people by where they buy groceries--sounds like you do though.

Quote:
When I went to get in line to checkout, a woman wearing an Obama sticker was about to checkout at the same time, but I had gotten there first.
Wearing an Obama sticker? Like stuck to her forehead or plastered across her back?

Quote:
Trying to be nice, I pointed her to the empty lane next to me by saying "I think she's open," as the cashier was a woman.
By the tone of your headline and thread, it is extremely difficult to believe you go out of your way to be nice to someone "wearing an Obama sticker."

Quote:
The customer wearing the Obama sticker looked at me with great indignation and said, "How date you assume somebody's gender without asking. You're so typical of white male privilege!" She then stormed off to another lane.
C'mon. I don't believe anyone would even put this in as a scene in a movie as it strains credibility.

Quote:
Folks, that's what the entire Left wants. We can't even feel comfortable having a normal conversation and trying to my nice. I'm lucky I got off with merely a warning, and didn't get accused of sexual harassment.
And now we get to the real reason for this parable--an opportunity to generalize, express your distaste for those whose political leanings are different from yours and to make yourself a victim.

With all due respect, if this actually happened as related, then I would say that you do not really live 'somewhere extremely awesome.'

Old 12-09-2017, 11:04 AM

5,746 posts, read 3,211,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I saw a new Suburu with an Obama 12 sticker not long ago. Probably a 2016 Suburu. That is the mentality we are talking about here.
Ironic that you should write this post, calling out the "mentality" of anyone else.

Old 12-09-2017, 11:07 AM

2,840 posts, read 2,759,609 times
Regardless if the story is true or not, Whole Foods shoppers are generally the worst. Super pretentious and uptight consumer suckers tricked into paying absurdly high prices for garbage quality food that's not really even "organic". The high prices are worth it though because being part of the elite whole foods shoppers group is a rewarding experience where you can pretend how much smarter and better and healthier you are than the deplorables at Costco next door.

Any man that shops at whole foods for any reason, even for a speciality potato chip, instantly loses ten points on the rugged manliness scale. No exceptions.

Old 12-09-2017, 11:09 AM

5,244 posts, read 3,760,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
yeah.. I don't think op made up a story. Sure, he shouldn't have said this is what ALL left want, but I know what he meant and I believe him. Some people can take politics very seriously and personally.
I ran into a middle aged guy the other day who told me that he held a door open for a woman that morning. She looked at him and snapped "I can open my OWN doors!"

Was the story true? Don't know. I wasn't there. Was the OP story true? Don't know. I wasn't there. But similar happens across the country on a daily basis.

People lie. People tell the truth. Over-generalizations are made, in order to make or bolster a point of view. There are plenty of d*cks on both sides of the aisle. I just wish people would lighten up. Remember the Golden Rule. Remember the words of MLK. Remember what your mother taught you. Something..............anything...............a lot of people out there just need to step back and become empathic, self-awareness, gentle, decent human beings again.

Old 12-09-2017, 11:10 AM

4,423 posts, read 1,892,891 times
LOL, nice attempt at 'creative' writing. Hope you get over your trauma. Hehe

Old 12-09-2017, 11:17 AM

4,352 posts, read 1,360,582 times
This whole story smells fishy.

Old 12-09-2017, 11:20 AM

1,791 posts, read 1,975,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I thought this honestly happened until the last paragraph.

Given the caliber of posters here, I think most people will think this is completely true.
OP forgot to add that they paid for their lobster with welfare funds then hopped into their shiny Escalade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies