Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2017, 12:05 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,784,668 times

Advertisements

My next-door neighbor was wearing her Tea Party tee shirt and she came over to my house, walked into my kitchen without knocking, and started eating MY specialty potato chips! I said, "Hey, you can't just walk in here like you own the place and eat my Pringles like that."

I'm pretty sure she stole my Obama stickers off my adult tricycle, too. But I stole the Jesus fish off her car, so we're even.

Old 12-09-2017, 12:06 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
Was she wearing the sticker on her forehead? You were in a checkout line so where was the sticker? Sounds fishy to me. But jerks do happen and some people can't keep their mouth shut.

Old 12-09-2017, 12:07 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
What a sexist comment.
Women and men know what that means. Shame....Shame

You can't say" smells fishy ". Not anymore, you just can't say that. OK
Hehe.

Old 12-09-2017, 12:09 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
They have plantain chips. The regular grocery stores around here don't carry them.

I guess it's technically not a "potato" chip.
Amazon/Bezos bought Whole Foods, didn't he?

You can buy plantain chips on the Amazon website.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...=3N5CM6WPCWEG0

Old 12-09-2017, 12:09 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
You forgot something:

* ...and then everyone started clapping.

Old 12-09-2017, 12:12 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Okay, this is officially my favorite thread on C-D. There's so much BS posted here, but never have I seen page after page of people virtually calling the OP out as a liar.

Fun thread!

Don't quit your day job, OP. Fiction writing is definitely not your forte.

Old 12-09-2017, 12:13 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,516,374 times
I'm wearing a Carter t-shirt - under my ski jacket with the Vail tags from the 80's. Look for me at Whole Foods. Looking for vegan lobster. I'm androgynous.

Old 12-09-2017, 12:14 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I had to run into Whole Foods last night (don't judge, I usually try to go somewhere less pretentious) for a specialty potato chip. When I went to get in line to checkout, a woman wearing an Obama sticker was about to checkout at the same time, but I had gotten there first. Trying to be nice, I pointed her to the empty lane next to me by saying "I think she's open," as the cashier was a woman.

The customer wearing the Obama sticker looked at me with great indignation and said, "How date you assume somebody's gender without asking. You're so typical of white male privilege!" She then stormed off to another lane.

Folks, that's what the entire Left wants. We can't even feel comfortable having a normal conversation and trying to my nice. I'm lucky I got off with merely a warning, and didn't get accused of sexual harassment.
A specialty potato chip?

How elitist of you!

Old 12-09-2017, 12:15 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,507,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Subtle?
LOL Well, they are not allowed to say I hate _________ (insert women, whatever minority they want to bash) Of course any political view different than their own = liberals.

Majority of threads are a combination of fake scenarios or obscure examples to exacerbate faux outrage against an imaginary enemy. (yawn)

Too many threads have nothing to do with politics.

Old 12-09-2017, 12:15 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,031,037 times
I'd like to think this was inspired by my post here today:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...nts-man-8.html

Quoting myself from that thread:

"Everything bad, everywhere is "of the left" if you believe these people. In their minds, the world works as follows:

Somebody cut me off in traffic today and he didn't have a bumper sticker praising Trump, so clearly he's "a leftist radical" and "all leftists are into cutting people off in traffic." If he DID have a Trump bumper sticker, than he would be a "leftist trying to hide his evil communist ways behind a false pretense of loving Trump." He couldn't possibly be a jerk who's also on the far-right because we're to believe those don't exist.

Then, I went to the store and the young woman cashier seemed tired and grumpy. Surely, that can't because of long hours, no benefits, and horrible pay. No, no - she's young, so she's clearly "a radical leftist communist" and "all leftists are grumpy and tired.""

So, either the OP is happily posting a joke thread along a similar line of humor, or he actually is a right-winger who decided to literally walk into the joke of the day. Either way, hilarious!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies