Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2017, 07:14 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Right-wingers traditional dinner right there.
They also seem to favor armadillos, opossums, and other small critters that have had fatal encounters with automobiles.

Old 12-10-2017, 07:20 AM

8,166 posts, read 8,526,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
This is laughable.<>Some of you (if you truly believe that everything unpleasant in life is somehow a capitalist conspiracy or the result of nasty white men) need to go live in a real authoritarian country (try Russia) and see how much joy it brings to your life. We have it great here and our "diversity" of opinion along with our 1st Amendment ability to express it is what makes this a balanced place to live.
Bolded text is my contribution. Thanks for the post.
"Workers' Paradise indeed"

Old 12-10-2017, 07:28 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Speaking of Texas, there is a great book (usually free or cheap) by Olmsted detailing his travels through Texas long ago. He also has another one about travels through the South. They are like great diaries.

He's the guy who designed Central Park and the Chicago Expo and a bunch of other things - so he is looking at these places through the lens of someone who has been all over the world (even in the mid-1800's).

Here is the south one - 99 cents
http://amzn.to/2BvzppM
http://amzn.to/2BS7zjL

Looks like they are charging more for the TX one but it's often cheap or free.
Oh - here it is - 99 cents
http://amzn.to/2khiDzy

All worth reading. You will discover a LOT whether you have been to these places or not.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:09 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I had to run into Whole Foods last night (don't judge, I usually try to go somewhere less pretentious) for a specialty potato chip. When I went to get in line to checkout, a woman wearing an Obama sticker was about to checkout at the same time, but I had gotten there first. Trying to be nice, I pointed her to the empty lane next to me by saying "I think she's open," as the cashier was a woman.

The customer wearing the Obama sticker looked at me with great indignation and said, "How date you assume somebody's gender without asking. You're so typical of white male privilege!" She then stormed off to another lane.

Folks, that's what the entire Left wants. We can't even feel comfortable having a normal conversation and trying to my nice. I'm lucky I got off with merely a warning, and didn't get accused of sexual harassment.
Where the hell do you live that people are still wearing Obama stickers five years past the last election he ran in?

If this actually happened, and who knows really, I doubt this woman is what the "entire left" wants.

In any case, just to be on the safe side, you may want to get you plantain chips at some other, less pretentious store.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:48 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,009 times
Funny--I've been shopping at Whole Foods for 37 years and the only negative encounter I've had was an older white guy who stopped me in the parking lot to tell me that I shouldn't eat a bagel while I'm driving. As a result, I don't assume that all older white guys are nutty.

Also, I don't shop at Whole Foods because I'm a "lefty," or because I have a hankering for specialty foods (plantain chips? really? also: it might shock you to know that plenty of conservatives shop at Whole Foods). I shop at Whole Foods because I prefer to eat food without chemicals (you ever read all the chemical crap on the cereal boxes at a regular grocery store?), which is really just going back to the diet of old times, before Monsanto and other chemical companies began to poison our food and water. What an Orwellian world we live in--where clean food is "weird," and edible chemicals are "normal."
Attached Thumbnails
My experience at Whole Foods is so typical of the Left.-organic-food-magnet.jpg  

Old 12-10-2017, 01:02 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
They also seem to favor armadillos, opossums, and other small critters that have had fatal encounters with automobiles.
Sounds like a good way to contract rabies.

Old 12-10-2017, 01:05 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Funny--I've been shopping at Whole Foods for 37 years and the only negative encounter I've had was an older white guy who stopped me in the parking lot to tell me that I shouldn't eat a bagel while I'm driving. As a result, I don't assume that all older white guys are nutty.

Also, I don't shop at Whole Foods because I'm a "lefty," or because I have a hankering for specialty foods (plantain chips? really? also: it might shock you to know that plenty of conservatives shop at Whole Foods). I shop at Whole Foods because I prefer to eat food without chemicals (you ever read all the chemical crap on the cereal boxes at a regular grocery store?), which is really just going back to the diet of old times, before Monsanto and other chemical companies began to poison our food and water. What an Orwellian world we live in--where clean food is "weird," and edible chemicals are "normal."
Exactly. I'm not saying everything at WF/Sprouts/etc is healthy, but it's much much easier to avoid nasty additives and preservatives in those places versus places like Safeway, where almost all the bread has HFCS.

Old 12-10-2017, 01:06 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
OP trolled us hard. /thread.

Old 12-10-2017, 01:08 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I like both, but at Whole Foods you are definitely paying for ambiance. Sprouts has great sales sometimes. When they do, we stock up.
My wife prefers Sprouts so I just go with the flow. Whole Foods tended to be more expensive but I haven't been there since Amazon bought them and I won't go now since there are people walking around with Obama stickers. Madness!

Old 12-11-2017, 03:08 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,622,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
They have plantain chips. The regular grocery stores around here don't carry them.

I guess it's technically not a "potato" chip.
Do you live anywhere near where Latinos are?

Their stores carry plantain chips too for about $2 bucks ! At least if they yell at you it will probably be in Spanish and you won't understand!

A lot less stressful than having to endure a "Librul" huh?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies