Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2017, 12:55 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times

Advertisements

I was partying with Jeff Bezos last night - he asked me what city the new HQ should go in.

I said it should definitely be a liberal city or area. He said "Sir, you are correct". I corrected him quickly and told him he should never assume my gender.

Later that night I went to a church of conservative values where conservative women act conservatively. It was a place called Hooters. Women with large amounts of flesh hanging out of their tops bent over and served me and the guys beer. Can you believe it?

Since this was a Sat. night I made sure I said hello to each and every one of them in Church the next day. Apparently they are very Victorian in their world views.

Old 12-09-2017, 12:59 PM

Getting back to reality, the OP is so far behind the times!

When I was buying my 2005 Subaru (new), the sales person was in a suit and tie and white shirt. I went alone to look at the car and liked it, so I sent the wife back telling her I had talked to a guy named Rob.

Well, you can guess the rest. My wife came home and informed me Rob was not of the male gender...which was fine, of course. We bought more cars off Rob and I'm sure she knows I am an old fashioned red-blooded American Male. Never a cross word between us.

But when it comes to Whole Foods, we don't have much to worry about. Real Conservatives buy their food at the gas station. After all, given their problems with obesity, diabetes and mortality they probably aren't eating their veggies.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:00 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,563,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I had to run into Whole Foods last night (don't judge, I usually try to go somewhere less pretentious) for a specialty potato chip. When I went to get in line to checkout, a woman wearing an Obama sticker was about to checkout at the same time, but I had gotten there first. Trying to be nice, I pointed her to the empty lane next to me by saying "I think she's open," as the cashier was a woman.

The customer wearing the Obama sticker looked at me with great indignation and said, "How date you assume somebody's gender without asking. You're so typical of white male privilege!" She then stormed off to another lane.

Folks, that's what the entire Left wants. We can't even feel comfortable having a normal conversation and trying to my nice. I'm lucky I got off with merely a warning, and didn't get accused of sexual harassment.
I think fan fiction is supposed to be posted in the 'Writing' forum...

Old 12-09-2017, 01:06 PM

25,842 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
HEY! I'm conservative and old. I drive a Subaru 2016 sedan because of leg issues. It's an easy car for me to get in and out of.

But, I disavow all of their TV ads...especially the one of the old lady, joined by her family, literally hugging a tree.

I saw a car with a John Kerry in 2004 bumper sticker last year. My initial reaction was those stinkin' bumper stickers are so hard to remove, how sad , but then I thought, the car has to be 12+ years old so it must be a decent car, right?
Suburu’s are great cars. I actually like the commercial with the puppy which becomes an old dog before the guy gets a new car.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:12 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,140,507 times
"Wearing" an Obama sticker?...

You sound ridiculous

Old 12-09-2017, 01:16 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,949,625 times
Quote:
I had to run into Whole Foods last night (don't judge, I usually try to go somewhere less pretentious) for a specialty potato chip. When I went to get in line to checkout, a woman wearing an Obama sticker was about to checkout at the same time, but I had gotten there first. Trying to be nice, I pointed her to the empty lane next to me by saying "I think she's open," as the cashier was a woman.

The customer wearing the Obama sticker looked at me with great indignation and said, "How date you assume somebody's gender without asking. You're so typical of white male privilege!" She then stormed off to another lane.

Folks, that's what the entire Left wants. We can't even feel comfortable having a normal conversation and trying to my nice. I'm lucky I got off with merely a warning, and didn't get accused of sexual harassment.

And a gentleman would have let her go in front of him while HE went to the empty lane.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:20 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:

No, despite your ASSumption, it's what you think one isolated woman in a Whole Foods wants.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:27 PM

39,221 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
. Real Conservatives buy their food at the gas station. After all, given their problems with obesity, diabetes and mortality they probably aren't eating their veggies.
I don't think you know many real conservatives. I DO NOT know any real conservatives buy their food at the gas station, nor do I know many obese REAL conservatives.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:29 PM

The OP wants to be the guard at the CAMP when they send unknowns there and he decides who is LEFT - and they have to go one side, while RIGHTIES get to go to the other.

Sounds like the old heaven and hell concept to me. Or selection at the CC's in WWII.

There are some people who are either too old or too senseless to post on these boards.

Repeat after me - "every individual is different".

Besides the entertainment value, consider the story itself. If the person would have had a MAGA hat on, that would have been many times as LOUD (visually speaking) as an Obama sticker.

Even in terms of the basics - Obama has 200% the approval rating of Trump, so it would seem less likely you'd offend anyone.

Old 12-09-2017, 01:30 PM

39,221 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Repeat after me - "every individual is different".

Except for real conservatives, right? All of them buy their groceries at the gas station like you posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies