Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2017, 04:08 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,138,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Sheep milk yogurt? Soy-free veggie burgers? Gluten free cookies? Duck fat and gooseberries?

What the hell kind of commie pinko bastard ARE you?

'Murica Baby.

Lol, my husband teased me because I never had certain well-known American dishes, like sloppy joes, jello salad, or random casseroles. (I grew up with immigrant parents eating things like borscht and sashimi, living in areas where most of us were not born in the country. )

I tried the sloppy joes and quite liked it. The hello salad.... ehh.

Old 12-09-2017, 04:10 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
I was in a Cabela's last night buying wool socks, and this guy wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat cut in line in front of me and I said, "Excuse me, sir, the reigister on the left is open with no line," and he pulled out a firearm and said "I don't ever go to the left!!!!" and he shot my in the face and I DIED! And now I'm DEAD! DEAD, I tell you!!!!

And that's a TRUE STORY!!!!
Hahahahahaha!

Old 12-09-2017, 04:11 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
I read that your hand and arm movement looked like you were reaching for a gun. Sorry buddy but it seems like this was your own fault. Next time comply.
Well, he’s dead, so...

Old 12-09-2017, 04:12 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Well, I don't live anywhere near a Wal-Mart, so maybe that was a bad example. The other alternative here is Safeway, which tends to have a very limited selection of things like that.

Though in reality, I do most grocery shopping at small independent grocers...but they can be hit or miss depending on the area.
Wal-Mart has those Neighborhood Marts stores that are just grocery stores. Their selection is actually comparable and cheaper than many local stores where I live. The main reason many claim not to go there is a disdain for Wal-Mart, though most people just don't go there because they don't like the clientele.

Old 12-09-2017, 06:24 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I live in "communist" California and have been to the Whole Foods in my neighborhood literally hundreds of times over the years, and no none has ever said anything like that to me. People check out and get on with their business.

Your account sounds tailored to the stick you want to wave in this forum. I call bull**** on your entire store. You made it up. Fake News.
True story... In Texas Whole Foods give 15% discounts if you show your concealed handgun license. They sell ammo back behind the gourmet cheese section. They also offer a white privilege express checkout.

Old 12-09-2017, 06:34 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I think I saw you at the one on Clark Rd. No, my bad, it was 1st Street. I recognize the voice too.
There is only one whole foods in SRQ - 1st street, unless they built another real quick I know they wanted to.

But you will never see me down toward Clark unless I am going to the Dutch Valley diner for a waffle.

Yeah, just checked - still only one Whole Foods, Now - trader joes and the bagel place....those are down at the south end of town.

I can walk or bike to Whole Foods. Now isn't that typically lefty? Bike? Only a lefty would bike somewhere when they could drive there.

Old 12-09-2017, 06:36 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Or maybe they have dietary needs that are otherwise hard to shop for?

You try finding dairy free macaroni and cheese at Walmart. Or sheep milk yoghurt. Or soy-free veggie burgers. Or gluten free cookies.

Or hard-to-find culinary ingredients, such as duck fat and gooseberries. I like experimenting in the kitchen.

Plus, before Amazon bought it out, I shopped there because of how well they treated their employees (which I support).

So, yeah. Don't flatter yourself. No one's shopping there to win your approval.

My wife is gluten free but as a whole we try and eat good food not processed anything. Some just don't care what they eat these days.

Old 12-09-2017, 06:36 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
True story... In Texas Whole Foods give 15% discounts if you show your concealed handgun license. They sell ammo back behind the gourmet cheese section. They also offer a white privilege express checkout.
The provolone hollow points are especially good for those mob hits.

Old 12-09-2017, 06:40 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
And they sell deep fried Twinkies and gourmet pork rinds.

Old 12-09-2017, 06:48 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
I was in a Cabela's last night buying wool socks, and this guy wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat cut in line in front of me and I said, "Excuse me, sir, the reigister on the left is open with no line," and he pulled out a firearm and said "I don't ever go to the left!!!!" and he shot my in the face and I DIED! And now I'm DEAD! DEAD, I tell you!!!!

And that's a TRUE STORY!!!!
Great story. Made me LOL in the middle of a restaurant. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies