Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 11:24 PM

1,798 posts, read 3,008,732 times

Advertisements

I know alot of law abiding people defend themselves with guns, but that still doesn't change how I feel about guns. I'll never own a gun out of principle. I've made it to mid-life fine without one. I'm a man and I'm proud not to be a gun owner. I hope other men out there feel the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2017, 11:40 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,727,420 times
Democrats/Liberals: "Why do you need a gun?"
Me: To defend yourself from getting robbed (by someone with a gun), protect your house from burglars (with a gun).

Old 12-10-2017, 11:34 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,409,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Democrats/Liberals: "Why do you need a gun?"
Me: To defend yourself from getting robbed (by someone with a gun), protect your house from burglars (with a gun).
Rest of the first world civilized countries: "why do you need a gun?" American: "we have unrelenting fear of outsiders but favor killing each other instead".

Old 12-10-2017, 11:36 AM

50,135 posts, read 46,754,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
I know alot of law abiding people defend themselves with guns, but that still doesn't change how I feel about guns. I'll never own a gun out of principle. I've made it to mid-life fine without one. I'm a man and I'm proud not to be a gun owner. I hope other men out there feel the same.
Most gun owners are hunters. Much easier to kill a deer vs your bare hands. It is in essence just another tool like a saw.

Old 12-10-2017, 11:40 AM

50,135 posts, read 46,754,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I wonder if we'll get security footage of this one. Hopefully his story doesn't conflict with what the video shows or else the SJWs will cry over the dead perp.
The media will have to put up endless warnings about the blurry blurb over the corpse being "graphic".

Old 12-10-2017, 12:25 PM

18,146 posts, read 15,559,069 times
In the overwhelming majority of cases where a citizen owns a firearm for defensive purposes that citizen fully understands that cut and dry isn't always cut and dry and there WILL be a thorough investigation of any defensive shooting by LE. There will be a lot of questions to answer, you will be surrendering your weapon, and your character will be examined along with it all. You won't be wanting any t shirts that say "kill em' all and let God sort em out" in a drawer somewhere or any notches on your grips.

That will not go well for you. Having been through a post defensive shooting investigation I can say with conviction that you don't want even a whiff of ...impropriety..surrounding the incident.

Old 12-10-2017, 01:03 PM

72,847 posts, read 62,291,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I guess that excuses the 10,000 homicides and accidental deaths, all worthwhile. You going to post each of these events without providing the downside.
Actually, those 10,000 homicides can't be prevented by limiting gun access. Those homicides have everything to do with drugs, gangs, and people with a mentality of "you made me angry so I'm going to kill you". Take away the guns? Stabbings will come next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies