Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you find interracial marriage acceptable or unacceptable?
Acceptable 232 88.55%
Unacceptable 28 10.69%
Not sure 2 0.76%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 12:43 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leilaniguy View Post
Who cares about that, and who cares about you?
No one asked whether you care about me.

I'm glad you don't. The feeling is mutual.

Quote:
I’m gay too.
Well, goody for you.

Last edited by dechatelet; 12-12-2017 at 12:58 AM..

Old 12-12-2017, 02:04 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
ok fair enough

thank you so much
You're welcome.

I always appreciate your posts.

Old 12-12-2017, 03:22 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
You're welcome.

I always appreciate your posts.
I always appreciate yours too. Thank you again.

Old 12-12-2017, 03:57 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
.................again it's no one else's business but the people involved.

Old 12-12-2017, 04:07 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
No.
Quite the opposite...

For every action there's a reaction. We simply cannot ignore cause and effect. Just like all things in our world, negative forces must be met with positive ones in order to achieve balance.

There are many factors that contribute to our consequences. Genocide is most certainly not one of them. When we speak of genocide, we should consider the indigenous Americans and African slaves, not white settlers who arrived here of their own volition and driving westward with their defiant and self-righteous spirit of "Manifest Destiny"...

From my perspective, all humanity owns a lion's share of "evil".
That's why it's so important for us all to remain vigilant about scrupulously monitoring and governing our interactive behaviors.

There's just nothing like abiding by the Golden Rule...
Well said.

Old 12-12-2017, 04:09 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Um ... Jews are White.

Also, I myself certainly and obviously support interracial marriage.
Not all of them. There are Ethiopian Jews, Nigerian Jews etc.

Old 12-12-2017, 05:13 AM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Can anyone answer this question for me. What do I have to lose if interracial marriages are on the rise? I personally don't see myself losing anything. All of this fear going on when it comes to interracial marriages. I have never had that kind of fear. I've never thought "what if my grandchildren don't look like me" or "what if my children don't look like me". I don't have children, a spouse, or a significant other. I'm single as single can get. I've never really been in a position where women of any race were truly attracted to me or saw me as "boyfriend" material. Oh well. I am concerned about whether or not someone will want to divorce me if I do get married. If I am married, I would be more concerned that I have a wife that is kind, loving, and won't try to start arguments with me. I would be more concerned about any potential children I have being nice children, successful children, children who make good grades. Race is the least of my worries.

And for anyone that wants to talk about divorce rates, you can find same race couples with sky-high divorce rates. African-American couples have the highest divorce rates of any same race couple, to the tune of 70%. As an African-American male, if I have judge solely on the statistics, I might end up divorced no matter who I marry.

Old 12-12-2017, 05:14 AM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Yes. Ethiopian Jews are known as "Beta Israel" or "Falashas".

Old 12-12-2017, 05:44 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Jews from India as well.

Old 12-12-2017, 05:58 AM

1,704 posts, read 749,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Every race has practiced slavery and oppression. Whites were just more successful at conquering the rest of the planet. It wasn't as if non-whites weren't trying.

Read some history. Arab Muslims, Persians, Aztecs, Mongol hordes, the Japanese in WW II, genocide in Rwanda, etc.

I'm sick and tired of this "blame whitey" nonsense.
I most certainly do agree that all have practised most egregious forms of inhumanity to others. Nobody has a monopoly on evil, greed, hatred, or egoism.

However, if we are to continue to evolve in a progressively healthful manner, we're most assuredly going to have to relinquish the idea that "conquering the planet" has anything remotely to do with the concept of "success".

Advanced technology allowed whites to make their deeds and works of inhumanity more of a ubiquitous or widespread iniquity. They therefore were allowed to wreaked havoc in a more global fashion.

After evil deeds were done, any attention given to the after effects of such deeds can't simply be ignored.

If my great-grandfather raped your grandmother, killed your grandfather, stole your property, and kidnapped your mother, I'd feel personally responsible for compensating you for my great -grandfather's transgressions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies