Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you find interracial marriage acceptable or unacceptable?
Acceptable 232 88.55%
Unacceptable 28 10.69%
Not sure 2 0.76%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 06:05 AM

1,704 posts, read 748,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
You prefer the old methods to the new?

The slaughter of all men, women and children?

Killing with sword and fire?

Heads on sticks?

Elaborate tortures?

Cannibalism?

Enslavement?
The "old ways" were the new ways back in those days.

Old 12-12-2017, 06:10 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
I most certainly do agree that all have practised most egregious forms of inhumanity to others. Nobody has a monopoly on evil, greed, hatred, or egoism.

However, if we are to continue to evolve in a progressively healthful manner, we're most assuredly going to have to relinquish the idea that "conquering the planet" has anything remotely to do with the concept of "success".

Advanced technology allowed whites to make their deeds and works of inhumanity more of a ubiquitous or widespread iniquity. They therefore were allowed to wreaked havoc in a more global fashion.

After evil deeds were done, any attention given to the after effects of such deeds can't simply be ignored.

If my great-grandfather raped your grandmother, killed your grandfather, stole your property, and kidnapped your mother, I'd feel personally responsible for compensating you for my great -grandfather's transgressions.
Well you better do some investigating and be ready to open up your wallet. I am sure some relative in your past did something to someone else that requires reparations. How far do you go back? 241 years? This could cost you quite a bit.

Old 12-12-2017, 06:48 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,731,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Not all of them. There are Ethiopian Jews, Nigerian Jews etc.
Many white Jews don't accept them as black Jews.

Old 12-12-2017, 07:16 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,447,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Sadly true.

Old 12-12-2017, 07:21 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron99 View Post
Considering how no hispanic person is pure, most of them have at least spanish and native american, it wuld be a interracial marriage.
La Raza bull****. NO "Hispanic" person is "pure," huh? NONE?

Get off it. Hispanics can be of ANY race, including being MIXED race.

But there are plenty of people in Latin America who are predominantly (or entirely) white, black or indigenous alone. Using genetic analysis I can trace an ancestor back to the northern African invasion of Iberia myself. But I'm nearly blonde and have green eyes and burn in the sun. I am not exactly what one would call "mixed race."

I also know plenty of "Hispanics" who are indistinguishable from the average southern European. Especially the richer Colombians, Venezuelas, Cubans, Argentinians, etc. in South Florida (and, ya know, IN Latin America).

I'm sorry but if you marry a green eyed Colombian and you're an Italian American.... you aren't in a "Mixed race relationship." Inter-ethnic? Cross-cultural? Sure.

That's like saying if you're a German American and you marry a Spaniard or Portuguese person you are marrying out of your race!

Old 12-12-2017, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeline

If my great-grandfather raped your grandmother, killed your grandfather, stole your property, and kidnapped your mother, I'd feel personally responsible for compensating you for my great -grandfather's transgressions.

Your premise is flawed. Technology didn't make the European colonials "more brutal." It made conquer more efficient at doing what was otherwise the norm. However, they really weren't any "worse" than other examples of empire. Lest we forget the Ottomans were essentially one of the longest lasting, pervasive and brutal empires of all time. The European colonization period of the middle east was a mere blip compared to the middle eastern colonization of Europe. Hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of years difference.

You cannot show that the Arab slave trade in Africa, for example (which pre-dated the European slave trade and persisted AFTER the European slave trade) was "more devastating." In fact, the Arab slave trade was PART of the European slave trade, since they ran the trading posts along with indigenous Africans and SOLD the Africans to the Europeans.

You cannot demonstrate how 1400 years of colonization and invasion of Europe by MENA Muslims was more benign.

IN fact, given that Europe was the brunt of invasion, slavery and conquer from Africa, the Middle East and Asia for centuries, one could almost say European colonization was turn-about and fair play (retribution, if you will). Against all except the native Americans who mostly perished of low tech means of exposure to old-world diseases.

I owe nobody NOTHING. YOU really owe nobody nothing. Our very legal system contemplates that INDIVIDUALS are responsible for their own actions, and that the son does not bear the punishment of the father. If we want to implement that philosophical model, then let's do it at ALL levels of justice. Your brother or father steals from me, then YOU can be sued or sent to jail for what THEY did. Sounds fair, right?

In the end, if YOU want to personally make some sort of reparations, you do that on your own time, and your own dime.

Old 12-12-2017, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
Well you better do some investigating and be ready to open up your wallet. I am sure some relative in your past did something to someone else that requires reparations. How far do you go back? 241 years? This could cost you quite a bit.

Pathological white guilt.

NO other peoples have this, despite having ancestors that were absolutely horrid.

Why do we suppose it's only white Europeans who are called to task to address the sins of their forefathers?

Old 12-12-2017, 07:33 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,166,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
It doesn’t matter because white Jews are not the gatekeepers are Judaism. Many of African Jews are bloodline Jews and there is nothing the white Jews can do to change that.

Old 12-12-2017, 10:23 AM

30,996 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
It doesn’t matter because white Jews are not the gatekeepers are Judaism. Many of African Jews are bloodline Jews and there is nothing the white Jews can do to change that.
Yes, those evil white Jews

Old 12-12-2017, 11:04 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,166,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Yes, those evil white Jews
Your words, not mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies