Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you find interracial marriage acceptable or unacceptable?
Acceptable 232 88.55%
Unacceptable 28 10.69%
Not sure 2 0.76%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 11:47 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,087,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I don’t like it and never will.
I see some very low class responses to this particular comment above.
I wonder, why?

Why someone MUST like the inter-racial relationships to make the rest happy?

If PullMyFinger doesn't like it, then he/she doesn't like it. What's the problem here?

Those who are critical of this, may also have things in life that they don't like (for example the dollar amount on their welfare check). What should I tell them? "The country is moving on without you"?

Old 12-10-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
If you think every one being a racial mix is going to end discrimination, it's not. People always find reasons to discriminate against and dislike each other.

I would rather have a world of multiple races and cultures than just one mutt race and one mutt culture.

Turning people and cultures into clones of each other is not "diversity", it's the opposite of diversity.

I can't think of anything more boring and dehumanizing. So of course, the liberals support it.
Excellent post!

Old 12-10-2017, 11:55 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,600,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I can't date a white man who hates his own race. For example, I've met several white men in the past who said white women are horrible. (truth is they just cannot find any white ladies) I cannot date those. How can you say the entire race is horrible? That is not being open minded or progressive. That is obnoxious. The most desirable men are desired by every race. No one wants the leftovers.
It has more to do with the prevalence of radical feminism in the US and especially among whites. I can understand why men would want nothing to do with white women in Los Angeles, the Bay Area, Portland, Seattle, and certain smaller west coast cities like Santa Cruz and Olympia. It's the PC/SJW thing. Some white men don't want American (or Canadian, British, etc. ) white women for this reason.

However I do not think race or nationality should be important at all and have no objections to any interracial or international marriage. Speaking for myself personally it would be very hard to be in a relationship with someone who is an observant Muslim (although I have no objections to someone who is from a Muslim background but non-practicing or only barely practicing) but that's not racial.

Old 12-10-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
I agree that people should be free to marry as they please, but that doesn't mean I have to approve of their choices.

It's interesting that the interracial thing isn't being pushed on Japan, China, the Middle East, Africa, etc.

Nope, it's just white people who are supposed to disappear, and then everyone will be happy.

Nothing racist about that, of course....
This !!!

Old 12-10-2017, 11:58 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
A lot of White people think it's noble to put down their own race, ...
I have heard this from members of all races.

If someone has had bad experiences they talk about it. Maybe dating outside one's own cultural/ethnic context gives them another chance at love, I don't know, but it's not just white people dissing white people, it is all over the spectrum.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:01 PM

18,757 posts, read 11,794,120 times
Hey, love is love. One of my besties is from Belize and her SO soon to be husband is white. I hope they tie the knot at our house for a summer wedding.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:01 PM

10,454 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I had similar experiences.

It's usually not the younger ones though, the middle aged ones sometimes resent it.
Well, in my case, except for the mother, it was the younger ones. Some even in their teens.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:04 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
It has more to do with the prevalence of radical feminism in the US and especially among whites. I can understand why men would want nothing to do with white women in Los Angeles, the Bay Area, Portland, Seattle, and certain smaller west coast cities like Santa Cruz and Olympia. It's the PC/SJW thing. Some white men don't want American (or Canadian, British, etc. ) white women for this reason.

However I do not think race or nationality should be important at all and have no objections to any interracial or international marriage. Speaking for myself personally it would be very hard to be in a relationship with someone who is an observant Muslim (although I have no objections to someone who is from a Muslim background but non-practicing or only barely practicing) but that's not racial.
I understand what you are saying, but I still don't believe all white women are exactly the same.

My sister-in-law is a bleeding heart liberal and ALL my family members are conservatives. She loves us all and has given us the benefit of the doubt. So she is okay in my book. Yes, she has said something I disagree with in the past, but overall, she is a great lady who loves my brother and that is all that matters. The only problem i had with her in the past is that she had two children from previous marriage. At the time, I thought my brother could have done much better because my brother has always dated women who were highly attractive and desirable. My brother has a very successful career and she wants to be a stay at home mom. Now, I believe my brother is very lucky to have her because she is a good woman.

Pretty much all my female friends are white conservatives. Even though they live in California, they are not feminists. They have no problems attracting white men or any men. So not everybody is the same. I think people should be treated as unique individuals.

Like I said earlier, the most desirable men or women are desired by every race. My cousin is a white man. He is not a bad looking man but he is cheap and is socially awkward. He couldn't find an American girl here, so he went abroad.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:06 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
No, just no. What you’re talking about used to be more culturally acceptable. When I was younger it wasn’t frowned on as much for an older man to date a 17 or 18 year old, or even younger. My first boyfriend was 22 when I was 16. My mom wasn’t pleased, but she didn’t mind my next boyfriend who was 26 when I was 18. He was even older than the first. I had a friend who married a 25-year old when she was 15, with her parents’ permission. It was common in her culture then. But nowadays I wouldn’t want my daughter to do the same thing. Times change, and people’s attitudes change. But I don’t think it’s going to go backwards.
IDK, overall, thru out history, acceptance of various sexual preferences increase, just like the thread, interracial relationships used to be taboo and frowned upon, even illegal, homosexuals went thru the same thing, polygamy to a certain extent as well.

So really, what you are describing, is actually going backwards, a growing resentment for a particular preference. I just dont see that happening in a society that is becoming more tolerant and open to all kinds of things.

It may seem like more people frown upon it, but large scale, its not as shocking as it used to be, I remember the first time I heard on the news of a 30 yr old teacher being caught in a sexual relationship with a 15 yr old student, I was shocked, I couldnt believe it....fast forward, I hear this kind of thing all the time now, its not shocking anymore, that means I have been desensitized to it, it doesnt effect me like it once did, generally tolerance, acceptance and then celebration follow.

Old 12-10-2017, 12:06 PM

10,454 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Do you really think that people marry for political correctness? Really?
You know, I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen. That MTV chick from DeCoder, who is as racist towards whites as you can get, and then black rights activist, Serena Williams, both have white husbands. Not sure if it's because they truly love their men, or did they marry out of some PC to claim that they are not racists because they married outside of their race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies