U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Did anyone really NOT expect Republicans to try to stop the Russia Investigation?
Of course I expected them to interfere! 51 75.00%
No,I expected them to allow the invetigation to be completed. 17 25.00%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-09-2017, 08:48 PM
 
Location: Lost in Montana *recalculating*...
11,814 posts, read 15,397,849 times
Reputation: 12062

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
oh great. Why didn't they release any of that before the election or before his inauguration??
You have to have cause. Now they do.

It's the law?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-09-2017, 08:50 PM
 
17,441 posts, read 19,656,783 times
Reputation: 7236
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1grin_g0 View Post
Trump should fire Mueller, but he won't. It's far more likely that Rosenstein gets fired. He isn't responding to questions from Congress. We still don't know if the dossier (funded by Clinton and contained Russian sources) was used as a basis to open an investigation on Trump and his team. We don't know why DOJ brass was meeting with Glenn Simpson of Fusion GPS. There are a lot of unanswered questions. When Rosenstein is fired maybe his replacement fires Mueller. There has to be consequences for failing to properly vet the investigators and for all the leaks.
Yep... the anti-Trumpers don’t want to admit it but the investigation is already deeply flawed... and they HATE it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2017, 08:51 PM
 
Location: Lost in Montana *recalculating*...
11,814 posts, read 15,397,849 times
Reputation: 12062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
How is it imploding? Some of you on here keep saying that but you don't say how it is imploding.
Yah right?! Turning witnesses, several GUILTY pleas from people involved in Trumps circle- yeah it's imploding, lol.

Frekin morons on the far right.

But hey they are the party of 'family values'... like the Soprano's family family values, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2017, 08:51 PM
 
Location: United States
10,933 posts, read 5,017,388 times
Reputation: 5195
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
long post but i will deal with the first bit.

Mueller's investigation is relatively young. Nixon was two years, and the Ken Starr investigation into bill was 4 to 6 years depending on how you want to count it. Ken starr had a mandate to investigate "White Water" he found nothing and spent years on and off searching until he finally got Bill for lying about an affair...

odd you think Mueller is at it too long? i wonder if it is just because you don't like rather than any facts based reason....as to corruption, again and again i have to remind posters like you of some simple facts.

1 if the left has done something illegal, ask yourself which party can open any and as many investigations as they like? is it the Rs or the Ds.

2 contact judicial watch, they will bring any and all civil cases you can dream up and they will lobby any left wing corruption you can find.

3 you guys control all 3 branches 100% and have the power to bring charges, investigate and pretty much anything within the law...

That couldn't be further from the truth.

Every WhiteWater insider (except two, Bill, and Hillary) were prosecuted, and went to prison. There was more than enough to indict Hillary on obstruction, withholding evidence, and lying to federal agents, and there were sample indictment drawn up for Hillary. In fact there is a lawsuit to release Hillary's sample indictments, so they could very well be made public someday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2017, 08:52 PM
 
Location: In The Thin Air
12,225 posts, read 7,999,981 times
Reputation: 8879
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Yep... the anti-Trumpers don’t want to admit it but the investigation is already deeply flawed... and they HATE it...
Again, how is it flawed and how is it imploding?

Deflect... Wash... Rinse... Repeat!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2017, 08:56 PM
 
9,618 posts, read 3,091,239 times
Reputation: 3979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Yah right?! Turning witnesses, several GUILTY pleas from people involved in Trumps circle- yeah it's imploding, lol.

Frekin morons on the far right.

But hey they are the party of 'family values'... like the Soprano's family family values, lol.
guilty pleas over things that have nothing to do with Russian collusion or impeachable offenses for Trump




every single "bombshell" that showed that Trump apparently colluded with Russia ended up falling flat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2017, 08:56 PM
 
Location: United States
10,933 posts, read 5,017,388 times
Reputation: 5195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Again, how is it flawed and how is it imploding?

Deflect... Wash... Rinse... Repeat!
I already told you, they are refusing to comply with subpoenas, including subpoenas for information on members of Mueller's with clear anti-Trump bias.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2017, 08:57 PM
 
17,441 posts, read 19,656,783 times
Reputation: 7236
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Again, how is it flawed and how is it imploding?

Deflect... Wash... Rinse... Repeat!
Do you know whatís happening... the headlines arenít good and this is just the beginning... investigators will be investigated...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2017, 09:06 PM
 
Location: Ohio
4,943 posts, read 1,769,824 times
Reputation: 3991
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
This is precisely why we need a Moore win in Alabama. The destruction of the GOP will be accelerated tenfold. And, exactly like the article motownnative linked, the damage will be complete and felt for generations to come. A holy grail for those of us who are center-left.

I know a Moore win is unpalatable for a lot of us but you have to think long term. It might be painful for a time but tbe payoff is enormous!
Yep. Let this miscreant get elected, and let him and Trump forge an alliance that will show the nation their true colors. Same goes for Trump firing Mueller, which would force moderate Republicans to kneel to him and split the Party further. That could actually be one of the best things to happen - because it would produce a landslide anti-Trump, anti-Republican voter reaction in 2018 and 2020. If those things come to pass, Trump's only chance in 2020 would be to work with Russia to corrupt the election process in some way. They did a better than fair job in 2016 so that is far from impossible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-09-2017, 09:09 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
3,375 posts, read 2,989,276 times
Reputation: 3079
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
long post but i will deal with the first bit.

Mueller's investigation is relatively young. Nixon was two years, and the Ken Starr investigation into bill was 4 to 6 years depending on how you want to count it. Ken starr had a mandate to investigate "White Water" he found nothing and spent years on and off searching until he finally got Bill for lying about an affair...

odd you think Mueller is at it too long? i wonder if it is just because you don't like rather than any facts based reason....as to corruption, again and again i have to remind posters like you of some simple facts.

1 if the left has done something illegal, ask yourself which party can open any and as many investigations as they like? is it the Rs or the Ds.

2 contact judicial watch, they will bring any and all civil cases you can dream up and they will lobby any left wing corruption you can find.

3 you guys control all 3 branches 100% and have the power to bring charges, investigate and pretty much anything within the law...
Alright, let's start at the top. First off, I was a teenager when Bill Clinton was President, and I cared very little about politics. I know the things seemed to go well during his time as President, so I liked Bill Clinton. But I can tell you this. Had I been old enough to care, I would have felt the same way about the investigation of Clinton. Because you see, you proved my point. Four to six year investigation which yielded nothing truly substantial. I know some might argue the Lewinsky debacle was a big time deal, but in the larger scheme of things it wasn't. That investigation should never have been allowed to go on for that amount of time. Either get to work and produce some REAL evidence or maybe it's time to call the game.


You say odd I think Mueller is at it too long. I say it's odd that after this much time you aren't at least wondering a little if maybe we're looking at another dead end investigation like the one you mentioned. I mean sure, we're only coming up on 1 year at this point. But will you feel different when we hit 2? Or even 3? Or will you still be doggedly standing by telling people "it's coming, the evidence is coming, we're gonna get him!" So you can wonder about my motives all you want. What I expect and demand is a competent investigation which yields tangible evidence in a some what timely manner. In a case like this, where this major conspiracy and crime is alleged to have occurred, you would think a man like Mueller could pretty quickly gather some proof to present the American people with. Of course, I could be wrong. There's always that chance. However, I just feel like we would have seen something real by now. And I can't help but think that maybe you were expecting something to have been revealed by now too. Something real anyway.


Pertaining to your listed #1- Yeah, sure the Repubs could do that. And face the immediate full frontal assault of every major news network in America for doing it. Which is why the Republicans won't be doing anything like this unless they really have something to go on.


Pertaining to listed #2- I don't sit around and try to "dream up" anything. Way to busy working for that.


Pertaining to listed #3- I don't see what the control comment was supposed to prove. I'm pretty sure that same power extends to those in the minority party as well. Or anyone for that matter with some real proof of wrong doing. And many irons are currently in the fire in regards to investigations, special counsels, etc. So yes, you are absolutely right about the options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top