Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did anyone really NOT expect Republicans to try to stop the Russia Investigation?
Of course I expected them to interfere! 51 75.00%
No,I expected them to allow the invetigation to be completed. 17 25.00%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 08:14 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,195,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
They live and THRIVE on double standards. Part of the reason I went independent a decade ago.
Exactly.

Old 12-16-2017, 08:18 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
It doesn't matter how the emails were obtained.

Seth Rich paid for that.

If it doesn't matter, what is all the hub-bub about Assage, not being a journalist and wanting to hang the guy.

Old 12-16-2017, 08:18 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,745,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
How long did Watergate take and what did they get Nixon on? I'll wait.
two years, and nixon resigned. if he had stayed in office though, he would have been impeached on obstruction of justice, abuse of power, and contempt of congress. so far trump has done none of those things.

Old 12-16-2017, 08:19 PM

19,617 posts, read 22,496,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Special Counsel Robert Mueller's team reportedly received the emails from 12 accounts from the General Services Administration, which served as the host for the transition team’s system, Axios reported Saturday citing transition team sources.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/mueller-a...214619003.html
If they are on a federal server there is NO privacy implied or given if requested by OIG or Federal Law Enforcement, unless they were classified and on secure networks.

Period. End of. Story.

Old 12-16-2017, 08:20 PM

7,448 posts, read 5,714,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
And of course FOX news, a state propaganda, helps them spread the word.

Now they are saying that emails obtained by Mueller from third party (General Services Admin) are somehow illegal.

They seem to forget that prosecutors in most white collar criminal investigations do that. it's not inappropriate, unusual, let alone illegal. If Mueller obtained a privileged email, the defense would be able to exclude it from evidence at trial. But there is nothing wrong with the fact of obtaining it and common practice in investigations.

Trump shills - especially the fox news ones - are trying lay ground to have public believe Mueller needs to be fired. Another pathetic attempt.

To trump suporters - educate yourself please before you fall blindly for state propaganda.
I’m sure they were and if anything this clown circus just brings to light the level of venomous hatred, racism liberals have for anyone who does not share this same view of the world. I’ve said it once and I’ll say it a thousand times. Liberalism is an extreme mental illness that needs to be addressed. I’ve never seen anything so asinine as the racist hatred, lying and deception of the moonbat left.

Just stop and enjoy the ride. The economy is booming and your getting a tax cut. If you actually pay taxes.

This part of the circus show is about over. It should have never been put on stage. The next part of the show is where Hillary is convicted along with 80% of the Obumbler administration

Old 12-16-2017, 08:22 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,745,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Mueller- a Republican appointed, decorated Vietnam war hero, dedicated law inforcement public official.. Guy plays 'by the book'- his integrity in his pinky nail is greater than all of Trumps...

And the far right listens to Shrill Hannity? Trying another 'swift boat'??

Phbbbtt. Typical sleaze gulping frothing right wing lunacy.
mueller might be on the up and up, but the rest of his team certainly isnt, they are shills for hillary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Will that be Mr. Trump's sole defense in his interviews with Mr. Mueller? It should be noted Mr. Mueller has collected a lot of evidence, the financials alone, including Mr. Trump's tax returns, were obtained legally, & are routine in investigations of financial crimes.
are you sure the returns were legally obtained? what evidence was used to obtain all that evidence? was it the FISA warrant that used the fake dossier? if so then ALL that evidence is fruit of the poisonous tree and thus was not legally obtained, and thus not usable in court.

Old 12-16-2017, 08:23 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,195,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Seth Rich paid for that.

If it doesn't matter, what is all the hub-bub about Assage, not being a journalist and wanting to hang the guy.
Hey, I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of you Trumpers. You can deflect all you want, it doesn't change anything. You guys cheered Trump on when urged Russia to find Hillary's emails, no?

Old 12-16-2017, 08:24 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
Can Congressrestrict the scope of Mueller's investigation or restrict funding? just curious

There use to be a law, that it had to go through the AG if they went outside the main scope.
There has always been a requirement for a judges warrant, to search records. They didn't get one.

FISA Court is not legal to use, to go after Americans records like they all did. To this day, no judge has signed a warrant to go snooping in anyones records.
Only documents are... a FISA Court document.

19,617 posts, read 22,496,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
When? How?
No crud!! What 'law' did Mueller break?

"Oh- none I'm just upset he's getting close to Trump... "

But boy were they ever happy when hacked e-mails hit the news and the FBI released their report a few weeks before the election! They were 'the Gold standard of Proof' against Hillary.

Now they are 'in tatters' and 'disgraceful' only because they are close to Trump.

Stupid hypocrites.

7,819 posts, read 4,545,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Seized evidence without a warrant. Something a judge will decide most likely. That will depend on what judge they get when they go shopping for one.
Let me guess, I bet you think any email that you have on your employer's server needs a warrant to be viewed?

The transition teams emails were on a government server. All Mueller needed to do was ask, just like anyone is able to for a public record (which is what an email on a government server is).

Sorry your guys aren't smart enough to understand that (or thought the rules didn't apply to them). Rest assured, there are plenty of people who have been fired or jailed believing the same thing.

Now run along and clean up your inbox, it sounds like something you should do if you think the material is somehow privileged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.